The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea for a free course builder

Idea threads

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
Recently I realised that you can use google classroom as a course builder. I've started making a course and I plan to release it to the public in around 6 months. but what are your thoughts on using this as a course builder?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
Also my target audience/niche is men in their 60s that want to lose weight. would anybody here fit that description, if so find a way to prove it and I might give you a free membership to my course (because I need to know how to improve it, and the best way to do that is to ask the target audience how)

svekk1

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
66%
Jul 9, 2022
Recently I realised that you can use google classroom as a course builder. I've started making a course and I plan to release it to the public in around 6 months. but what are your thoughts on using this as a course builder?
Platform is irrelevant, if you can market it and provide value. Ofc the best woul be your own platform for control reasons, but I don't think it's that important in this stage.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
Any particuluar reason for that age group and aim?

Because I think you are onto a massive loser there.

Dan

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I never thought of using Google Classroom to host paid courses. I may look into that. Thanks for the heads-up. Personally, I use NewZenler, but it would be nice to find a free or affordable version I could point people to who want to host courses.

find a way to prove it and I might give you a free membership to my course
You may want to rethink this part.

It's hard giving something away for free - because people value their time, and also distrust free ("What's the catch?").

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
Now I do like your idea, it’s good.

Doesn’t require much money.

Now how long would a course run?

How much are you charging?

Would the course run as long as until they lose weight?

Now I don’t know a bunch about courses but I feel these are good questions.

Best of luck to you

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
I never thought of using Google Classroom to host paid courses. I may look into that. Thanks for the heads-up. Personally, I use NewZenler, but it would be nice to find a free or affordable version I could point people to who want to host courses.

It's hard giving something away for free - because people value their time, and also distrust free ("What's the catch?").
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7g08dVTwaE
this video explains why I'm doing it, I would reccomend watching

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
Any particuluar reason for that age group and aim?

Because I think you are onto a massive loser there.

Dan
I couldn't find a program/course/community/anything for these people, so I have almost no competition.

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
Now I do like your idea, it’s good.

Doesn’t require much money.

Now how long would a course run?

How much are you charging?

Would the course run as long as until they lose weight?

Now I don’t know a bunch about courses but I feel these are good questions.

Best of luck to you
1. thanks
2. true
3. around 6 months but they are welcome to stay for longer
4. I'm thinking $199 to join $99/mo after that
5. I will probably tell them that if they don't lose 10 kgs in 6 months its free until they hit that goal

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023

The catch is that you have to tell me how to improve it, and give me a testimonial if I deserve it

Jrjohnny

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
May 18, 2023
1. thanks
2. true
3. around 6 months but they are welcome to stay for longer
4. I'm thinking $199 to join $99/mo after that
5. I will probably tell them that if they don't lose 10 kgs in 6 months its free until they hit that goal
I don’t think everyone wants to lose 22 pounds, some people more, some people less.

You can ask them how fast they want to lose weight:

.5 pounds a week

1 pound a week

1.5 pounds a week

2 pounds a week

Now you can ask them how much weight they’d want to lose.

Then, calculate how many weeks it would take, then tell them that if they don’t hit the goal within the time frame, they get one month free or something.

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023

even if you are not in the target audience you could still probably help and get some free value from it. I'll give you a free membership if you actually use it, give me a testomonial if I deserve it, and tell me how to improve it

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
even if you are not in the target audience you could still probably help and get some free value from it. I'll give you a free membership if you actually use it, give me a testomonial if I deserve it, and tell me how to improve it
You still have to sell free. I'm 52 and could do with being a bit fitter. I see ads a lot on Facebook, and get DMs from folks trying to tell me about their programme to get fit while being a dad and business owner. None of them speak to me or hook me in the slightest. I block the ads and the people reaching out.

I think you'll do better if you consider your market as the people *already* spending money.

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
You still have to sell free. I'm 52 and could do with being a bit fitter. I see ads a lot on Facebook, and get DMs from folks trying to tell me about their programme to get fit while being a dad and business owner. None of them speak to me or hook me in the slightest. I block the ads and the people reaching out.

I think you'll do better if you consider your market as the people *already* spending money.
"I think you'll do better if you consider your market as the people *already* spending money." what do you mean

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
"I think you'll do better if you consider your market as the people *already* spending money." what do you mean
"Help the people in motion."
(Amy Hoy)

Think of your market as the people ALREADY spending money.

What are they already spending money on?

How can you get in front of them?

Who already serves them?

GymBro

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
26%
Mar 2, 2023
"Help the people in motion."
(Amy Hoy)

Think of your market as the people ALREADY spending money.

What are they already spending money on?

How can you get in front of them?

Who already serves them?
they are spending money on programs, equipment, and supplements, a lot of people already make supplements, I'm planing on releasing equipment later, and they would love a program that actually works (what I'm doing). I will start getting it in front of them by basicly using kickstarter and gofundme as advertising. And people that already help them are people that can only offer limited advice on forums, or programs that are not tailored for them.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.