The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Idea: A virtual clinic SaaS for doctors

Idea threads

ycee

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 22, 2019
Since most doctors are also WFH, i.e. consulting patients from home. Their processes are disorganized.

They'll either call their patients on whatsapp or skype, the timings may not be clear, the patient might now show up, it's difficult to collect payments, etc.
It's also difficult to prescribe medicines, give a written diagnosis over skype.

This disorganization can be organized with a SaaS software that I can get built. As an MVP, I'm thinking of lauching a service where doctors can add their working hours, send a special link to their patients over email/whatsapp, collect payments before the consultation and consult over Skype/Google Meet.
Post this, we'll prompt the doctor for a prescription, which will be sent to the patient via an email.

Thinking of monetizing this as a SaaS service with monthly/annual charges depending on the number of appointments.

My market would be all doctors that consult verbally and visually, Eg: Psychologists, Skin Doctors, General consultants, Child doctors etc. and not the ones that are more hands on, Eg: Eye doctors, ENTs, Physiotherapists, etc.

Doing some prospective customer interviews by connecting with doctors on LinkedIn.

What do you guys think? What are your suggestions?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Since most doctors are also WFH, i.e. consulting patients from home. Their processes are disorganized.

They'll either call their patients on whatsapp or skype, the timings may not be clear, the patient might now show up, it's difficult to collect payments, etc.
It's also difficult to prescribe medicines, give a written diagnosis over skype.

This disorganization can be organized with a SaaS software that I can get built. As an MVP, I'm thinking of lauching a service where doctors can add their working hours, send a special link to their patients over email/whatsapp, collect payments before the consultation and consult over Skype/Google Meet.
Post this, we'll prompt the doctor for a prescription, which will be sent to the patient via an email.

Thinking of monetizing this as a SaaS service with monthly/annual charges depending on the number of appointments.

My market would be all doctors that consult verbally and visually, Eg: Psychologists, Skin Doctors, General consultants, Child doctors etc. and not the ones that are more hands on, Eg: Eye doctors, ENTs, Physiotherapists, etc.

Doing some prospective customer interviews by connecting with doctors on LinkedIn.

What do you guys think? What are your suggestions?

I use a piece of software for my digital marketing agency which would probably do what you need. You can white label it just for use with Doctors.

Gabbe18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
May 16, 2020
Sweden
Hey. Here in Sweden we have a similar thing called KRY – See a Doctor by Video. You can check it out and hopefully get some inspiration for your idea! If you need to understand how Kry works I can tell you a bit about it since I've used it a few times myself.

ycee

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 22, 2019
I use a piece of software for my digital marketing agency which would probably do what you need. You can white label it just for use with Doctors.

Sure, you can DM me the link. I'll check it out!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ycee

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 22, 2019
Hey. Here in Sweden we have a similar thing called KRY – See a Doctor by Video. You can check it out and hopefully get some inspiration for your idea! If you need to understand how Kry works I can tell you a bit about it since I've used it a few times myself.

Got it, thanks. This looks more like a marketplace model than a virtual clinic, but yeah it's in a similar space.

I've come across similar websites before, they seem to be taking cuts from the doctors' consultation charges/charging a markup to the patients.

My solution would be more of a B2B where I sell it to doctors, and they can set their schedule, fees etc. and give complete control to the doctor.

QueueQueue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 12, 2016
Ontario, Canada
At my day job (in healthcare), we have a product similar to this serving a lot of doctors. Virtual care is a booming industry right now as everyone is scrambling to adopt this (especially amid COVID). It is a pretty competitive market in our experience. If you want to pursue this, focus on value that will separate you from the rest.

ycee

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Sep 22, 2019
@ycee - how's this working out for you? Have you been able to make some traction?
Hey Dennis,

I built a landing page and sent cold emails to about 200 doctors. Nobody signed up.

Then I spoke with a few doctors I connected with on LinkedIn. The overall consensus was that this is a shortlived idea. People would move on to physical consultations once COVID normalizes as patients like to see doctors in person. Doctors too would want to see patients in person for reasons like you can't get a sense of their body temperature, throat infections, etc. in an online setting. There's an in-person "feel" aspect to this that video can't replicate.

So I had to kill it since there was no idea validation. Why'd you ask? If you're building something similar, would love to help :)

dennisgerik

Unemployable?
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 24, 2015
Seattle, WA
@ycee - I am not building something similar but I am contemplating a SaaS-type product. My Slowlane company offers this as a "benefit" - On-demand text-based primary care | 98point6

So, there is definitely a market for "virtual medicine". Maybe - just have to find the right packaging.

I've been thinking about "training" programs designed to help professionals (Non-Internet Marketers) learn how to use virtual technology more effectively. I've been working virtually at least 50% of my time for several years...and I am often surprised to hear how other professionals struggle with understanding how to use the technology tools even at a basic level. (I am trying to go back in my memory banks and revisit what it was like to be a beginning Virtual Worker - but, I am suffering the Curse of Experience...and have forgotten what that was like.) BUT, I can see an opportunity as more companies are moving large parts of their workforce online - as a result of COVID.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.