• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

I worked hard to develop a new project. Now I realized that is a great failure.

Discussion in 'Lessons from Success/Failure' started by thore, Oct 18, 2018.

1. thore

thore Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $128
    I worked in the last 4 months to develope a new website.
    I purchased a wp plugin and I coding hard to customizing it.
    This required a lot of work and a lot of time, and meanwhile, I haven't made any money because I worked every day.

Now, I realized that it was a big waste of time.

I'm conscious that I'm not gonna be able to make any money with that project.
    Business is not sustainable. it' sucks.

I'll be out of money in a month.
    I feel broke and crap.
    I need to find a job and maybe I'm gonna have to start over with a mediocre job.
    It's depressing.

end of the story

2. DragoonDB

DragoonDB Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $372
    Two thoughts run through my head after reading this post:

1. Poverty isn't a higher ideal. If you're in a position where cash flow is required, and it demands (at least immediately) that you trade time for money, then find a job. Options, in my mind, are critical. There's sometimes a love affair with saying FU, and burning the ships. If you do this right and have a plan to win, you can prepare for the battle and challenges ahead. If you do this wrong and are doing it emotionally, you'll just get killed on the beach. Cover the now, but also figure out your plan for the future - the two are not mutually exclusive. If you settle in for a lifetime of time for money, that may be a bigger issue.

2. You tried something. The value now is in the review. Was your idea sound, and did you vet it properly? Did you properly estimate the level of work or resources it would take to push this ahead? Was it selfish (I think this would be great) or of service (people are telling me they need this, and willing to back it up by paying)? There are a lot of members here who've done great reviews of their successes and failures - so you have fantastic examples to reference.

We learn by failing. Make sure you fail smart.

SunnyN, Jack Hammer, KeepGoin and 4 others like this.
  3. jon.M

jon.M Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $210
    It's depressing. It's hard to give up all the hours and money you spent. But the most important thing is that you keep moving forward and leave all that regretful, dead weight back in the past where it belongs.

Our job as entrepreneurs is to take calculated risks. If something doesn't play out in our favour, so what. It's part of the job, just the same as a McDonald's employee has to scrub beer and cheeseburger-mixed vomit from the dining tables at 2AM or a military has to risk his life in a godforsaken country on the other side of this planet.

It's all a part of the game.

Wipe the battle dust off your shoulder, analyze what you could've done better, take pride in your lifestyle and keep going.

4. Yzn

Yzn Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $124

It wasn't a waste of time.
    You learned something at least. You tried to build something and it didn't work for some reason but at least now the biggest asset you got is you really know what business is. You know that becoming a millionaire in 7 days is just internet BS to get you to buy the courses.

So those things you learnt will make you a patient warrior on your next business.

Now you learned another important thing - business doesn't mean money and freedom - at least not for some time usually.

Therefore whoever told you to burn the job world and just BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR and the WORLD IS GOING TO SHINE probably never was one. That's why MJ Demarco and many REAL entrepreneurs will advice you to have a job that gives you income to be able to sustain you and whoever depends on you financially. THEN after work try to push an hour or two in starting a business. Even if it takes 16 months instead of 6 months - at least those two hours will be 100% focused.

Because right now you can't even focus 1% on your business even though you're free all day because your brain is focused 100% on I NEED MONEY NOW TO PAY MY EXPENSES.

So my advice get a job and work on your business. Good luck.

B. Cole, thore, KeepGoin and 2 others like this.
  5. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $25,015
    see it as tuition. keep chopping wood!

NMdad, B. Cole, thore and 3 others like this.
  6. jasoncuellar123

jasoncuellar123 I’m probably awake. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $14,122
    It's all part of the process man,

sometimes we're not ready for entrepreneurship, we have to establish a consistent supply of income before we can really take off.

thore and KeepGoin like this.
  7. eliquid

eliquid ( Jason Brown ) Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $47,455
    The fallacy is you think it was a big waste of time.

You spent 4 months making a website. Here is your cookie....

Did you think overnight millions would come from working for just 4 months?

If you spent 4 months building it, how much time did you put into marketing it? Did you pivot? How do you know you haven't hit the right users yet? How much did you invest in advertising? How much time did you give it after it was built looking at heatmaps and analytics?

4 months is nothing.

Tell us how you arrived at it being a waste of time and I will tell you if it was a failure.

Just because you launched and crickets were heard the next day, doesn't mean it failed.

NMdad, B. Cole, ZCP and 4 others like this.
  8. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $190,279
    That's not the end of your story. It is only the beginning.

NMdad, Bekit, B. Cole and 5 others like this.
  9. KeepGoin

KeepGoin Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $428
    Believe in yourself, these successful people believe in you. I felt a great amount of gratitude and love reading these replies, the people that make up this community are inspiring.

thore and ZCP like this.
  10. Danny V.

Danny V. New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $84

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,695
    Yeah but you learned priceless sh*t that you cannot learn any other way.

I feel you, I’m pushing 2 years on my project since conception and about $7K spent, with another 2 months and $5K until launch. Ive spent more time going in the wrong direction than in the right. I’ve had failures within this project longer than your 4 months, and if it fails, I’ll be alright, because I know I’ll do it better and faster next time.

4 months is nothing. It’s not even half a pregnancy. Dust your butt off, inscribe the lessons deep into your brain and do it again!

Sheens and Danny V. like this.
  12. SunnyN

SunnyN New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $52
    Experience helps. And, anyways you will connect the dots together sometime in your future endeavours.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.