The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I worked hard to develop a new project. Now I realized that is a great failure.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

thore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 20, 2015
I worked in the last 4 months to develope a new website.
I purchased a wp plugin and I coding hard to customizing it.
This required a lot of work and a lot of time, and meanwhile, I haven't made any money because I worked every day.

Now, I realized that it was a big waste of time.

I'm conscious that I'm not gonna be able to make any money with that project.
Business is not sustainable. it' sucks.

I'll be out of money in a month.
I feel broke and crap.
I need to find a job and maybe I'm gonna have to start over with a mediocre job.
It's depressing.

end of the story

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

DragoonDB

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
244%
Oct 17, 2018
Two thoughts run through my head after reading this post:

1. Poverty isn't a higher ideal. If you're in a position where cash flow is required, and it demands (at least immediately) that you trade time for money, then find a job. Options, in my mind, are critical. There's sometimes a love affair with saying FU, and burning the ships. If you do this right and have a plan to win, you can prepare for the battle and challenges ahead. If you do this wrong and are doing it emotionally, you'll just get killed on the beach. Cover the now, but also figure out your plan for the future - the two are not mutually exclusive. If you settle in for a lifetime of time for money, that may be a bigger issue.

2. You tried something. The value now is in the review. Was your idea sound, and did you vet it properly? Did you properly estimate the level of work or resources it would take to push this ahead? Was it selfish (I think this would be great) or of service (people are telling me they need this, and willing to back it up by paying)? There are a lot of members here who've done great reviews of their successes and failures - so you have fantastic examples to reference.

We learn by failing. Make sure you fail smart.

jon.M

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Jul 4, 2016
Sweden
It's depressing. It's hard to give up all the hours and money you spent. But the most important thing is that you keep moving forward and leave all that regretful, dead weight back in the past where it belongs.

Our job as entrepreneurs is to take calculated risks. If something doesn't play out in our favour, so what. It's part of the job, just the same as a McDonald's employee has to scrub beer and cheeseburger-mixed vomit from the dining tables at 2AM or a military has to risk his life in a godforsaken country on the other side of this planet.

It's all a part of the game.

Wipe the battle dust off your shoulder, analyze what you could've done better, take pride in your lifestyle and keep going.

100ToOne

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
204%
Jul 1, 2018
This required a lot of work and a lot of time, and meanwhile, I haven't made any money because I worked every day.

I feel broke and crap.
I need to find a job and maybe I'm gonna have to start over with a mediocre job.
It's depressing.

end of the story

It wasn't a waste of time.
You learned something at least. You tried to build something and it didn't work for some reason but at least now the biggest asset you got is you really know what business is. You know that becoming a millionaire in 7 days is just internet BS to get you to buy the courses.

So those things you learnt will make you a patient warrior on your next business.

Now you learned another important thing - business doesn't mean money and freedom - at least not for some time usually.

Therefore whoever told you to burn the job world and just BECOME AN ENTREPRENEUR and the WORLD IS GOING TO SHINE probably never was one. That's why MJ DeMarco and many REAL entrepreneurs will advice you to have a job that gives you income to be able to sustain you and whoever depends on you financially. THEN after work try to push an hour or two in starting a business. Even if it takes 16 months instead of 6 months - at least those two hours will be 100% focused.

Because right now you can't even focus 1% on your business even though you're free all day because your brain is focused 100% on I NEED MONEY NOW TO PAY MY EXPENSES.

So my advice get a job and work on your business. Good luck.

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
The fallacy is you think it was a big waste of time.

You spent 4 months making a website. Here is your cookie....

Did you think overnight millions would come from working for just 4 months?

If you spent 4 months building it, how much time did you put into marketing it? Did you pivot? How do you know you haven't hit the right users yet? How much did you invest in advertising? How much time did you give it after it was built looking at heatmaps and analytics?

4 months is nothing.

Tell us how you arrived at it being a waste of time and I will tell you if it was a failure.

Just because you launched and crickets were heard the next day, doesn't mean it failed.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast

I feel broke and crap.
It's depressing.

end of the story

That's not the end of your story. It is only the beginning.

KeepGoin

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Mar 17, 2016
Believe in yourself, these successful people believe in you. I felt a great amount of gratitude and love reading these replies, the people that make up this community are inspiring.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
Yeah but you learned priceless sh*t that you cannot learn any other way.

I feel you, I’m pushing 2 years on my project since conception and about $7K spent, with another 2 months and $5K until launch. Ive spent more time going in the wrong direction than in the right. I’ve had failures within this project longer than your 4 months, and if it fails, I’ll be alright, because I know I’ll do it better and faster next time.

4 months is nothing. It’s not even half a pregnancy. Dust your butt off, inscribe the lessons deep into your brain and do it again!

SunnyN

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Oct 2, 2014
Experience helps. And, anyways you will connect the dots together sometime in your future endeavours.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.