The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Will Earn $200,000 in the Next 6 Months & Give You a Blow by Blow Account

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
Dear please try to describe your opinion in short phrase. Nobody has time to read that lengthy post

Worst first post in the history of the forum. Including spam. Congratulations for that.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TK1

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Mar 31, 2011
I know this thread title is per se a stupid one and there are way too many of them.

But still: I hope you make it.

Or 20k.

Or 2k.

Whatever you achieve, or not: I hope you continue and learn from your ACTIONS.

I'm always rooting with anybody doing something, so GOOD LUCK!

Amail

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Apr 12, 2012
North San Diego County
What happened to the 50 post rule??
The 50 post rule is for links in your signature. I seem to remember a requirement for 10 quality posts before you should post a link in the body of your post, but honestly can't remember where I saw that.

Last edited by a moderator:

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
I seem to remember a requirement for 10 quality posts before you should post a link in the body of your post, but honestly can't remember where I saw that.

I think Runum mentioned that is a spam post a few weeks ago. I'd be cool with making them both 50 now that I have more than that :)

Jake

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
148%
May 15, 2011
Bangkok
Here's an idea! :smx1: Want to prove that your course is valuable? Want to show people that you can help them succeed? I have an Android app that I plan on making some changes to in the near future once I find a suitable programmer but I'm willing to hear you out.

Problem 1 - App needs to run a batch file on non rooted devices for it to work. This seems to be difficult for non tech savvy individuals
Problem 2 - App doesn't appear to be working properly on some devices
Problem 3 - Low conversion rate from trial to paid app. App was priced at $2.99 currently doing a test at .99 but downloads seem to be coming in at the same rate so I will be raising the price back up after a few more days of testing.

Stats: on the market for approx 50 days with over 60,000 installs. Help me (help you) turn this into a income producing asset and we can both make money.

:eusa_clap:

Time is running out..I'm hoping to find a suitable programmer to fix it up and start implementing my changes in the next few days.

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
San Francisco, California
Here's an idea! :smx1: Want to prove that your course is valuable? Want to show people that you can help them succeed? I have an Android app that I plan on making some changes to in the near future once I find a suitable programmer but I'm willing to hear you out.

Problem 1 - App needs to run a batch file on non rooted devices for it to work. This seems to be difficult for non tech savvy individuals
Problem 2 - App doesn't appear to be working properly on some devices
Problem 3 - Low conversion rate from trial to paid app. App was priced at $2.99 currently doing a test at .99 but downloads seem to be coming in at the same rate so I will be raising the price back up after a few more days of testing.

Stats: on the market for approx 50 days with over 60,000 installs. Help me (help you) turn this into a income producing asset and we can both make money.

:eusa_clap:

Time is running out..I'm hoping to find a suitable programmer to fix it up and start implementing my changes in the next few days.

Jake,

I am not sure what about my posts so far made you think that I am a technical genius. For the first two of your problems, all I can do is refer you to my programmer.

The third problem is different story all together. Can I take a look at your app? This kind of thing is right in my alley. If the fix is something easy I will definitely share it with you. If I have some ideas which you will need to test out, then I will share them with you as well. Based on what you are saying, looks like you have a trial app and a paid app? What is the limiting metric? no. of levels (for games)? no. of days? etc.

I would need all this info before I can help you.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
When will your course be complete? Seems silly to spend money on something that is incomplete.

Runum

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 8, 2007
DFW, Texas
Strictly speaking from my point of view as a mod....

If I remember correctly, OP did post a link to his site in the first post. I removed it per forum rules. All was well but his posts remained. Then forum members asked more questions about his plan. These questions opened the door to him posting links earlier than normally allowed. I don't think I should have stopped him from answering those questions that were asked of him.

Also, he posted an introduction when it was asked of him.

I guess you could say, be careful of what questions or challenges you issue to newbies. You may just get an unexpected answer.

I try to leave my personal bias out of the decision but it doesn't always work, I am human.

SlimTycoon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Jan 8, 2012
I seriously doubt if you will. Based on your "plan", you're still in the slow lane. As a matter of fact, you have not pulled out of the driveway. You're still in the house searching for the road map because you have no idea where you're going at this point.

To hit that number in 6 months, you need to have a air tight plan free of errors and MASSIVE momentum, MASSIVE.

Do you have any REAL, VALUABLE skills? That's the downside of forums such as this. People set these way over the top ambitions often times driven by greed and materialism. Many don't have the background nor experience to achieve such lofty goals.

YES great things can happen but you need to get prepared first.

I do what I do because I got prepared. I studied Finance, I became an investment banker, I learned how to do deals now I do deals for myself. I spent 15 sharpening my axe.

$200K in 6 moths is laughable at best, especially with your "game plan".

You'll probably hit $2k at best.

Hi,

I have so far been on the slow lane, working my a$$ off for 6 days a week, 14 hours per day. Now I have decided that this has to change and have been reading up a lot about taking the plunge. My biggest challenge was the lack of a mentor or a guide who could tell me the exact steps to success.

In this thread I hope to share with you a blow by blow account of how I plan to make at least $200,000 in the next 6 months. I hope that this will help provide you with the kind of guidance I always wanted.

A lot of people asked for my intro so here it is
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/introductions-networking/42026-hi-app-entrepreneur.html

Current Status
I started a mobile app marketing focused blog and based on my learning as the first employee and product manager of a startup I have created a course on building an App Business in 30 days.

URL removed by Runum.
Send a PM for the URL

If you want to try out the course use the coupon code "flforum" to get 50% discount. Only 10 coupons available.

Earnings so Far:
$22

Money spent so far:
$5/mo for hosting of the blog
$19/mo for Aweber email marketing software
$55 for recording the first 8 lectures
$10 for domain

Plan for next week:
The course seems to be very popular among entrepreneurs who do not know coding, so I will try to identify communities where I can market this course. I also am going to add a couple more lectures.

So long and wait for my next update coming soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
Another update:

Since Sunday I have been testing the viability of Google adwords as a source of customers. The price I was testing with Google adwords has been $17 and with that price I need to have a conversion rate of 27% to break even. I currently have a conversion rate of abut 16% (not with high confidence)

So I have the following options in front of me
1. Increase the price of the course or/and
2. Try to improve the conversion rates.

I think having the complete course will definitely increase the conversion rate and as I add more lectures I can increase the price as well.

Question for you guys:
- Do you have any suggestions on the right price for this course?
- What else can I do to increase the conversion rate?

wade1mil

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
246%
Jun 29, 2011
- Make a bunch of YouTube videos with a super brief introduction to each of the videos you plan on including in the course. Teach them enough to want to know more and then tell them where they can learn more. Put annotations in the video and links in the description to purchase your course.

- You could break your course into 5 courses (for each chapter) and sell them each for $39.99 or $99.99 total.

- Change your copy on the course's page. Right now you just have 3 sentences. Sell it.

- Use your past apps as reasons for people to learn from you - someone who has done it before.

- Look into advertising on iPhone/Adndroid development forums.

Whole Paradigm

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Nov 15, 2011
I don't know you personally. For that reason I can't assume that you can or can't succeed in your goals being that I have no clue of your track record. That being said, good luck. If you don't succeed I hope you learn a ton in the process so that your chances of success in the next endeavor are higher.

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
- Make a bunch of YouTube videos with a super brief introduction to each of the videos you plan on including in the course. Teach them enough to want to know more and then tell them where they can learn more. Put annotations in the video and links in the description to purchase your course.

- You could break your course into 5 courses (for each chapter) and sell them each for $39.99 or $99.99 total.

- Change your copy on the course's page. Right now you just have 3 sentences. Sell it.

- Use your past apps as reasons for people to learn from you - someone who has done it before.

- Look into advertising on iPhone/Adndroid development forums.

Thanks Wade.

I will be changing the copy on the course page and add the links to the apps which I have previously worked on.

I am also going to look at doing the marketing on Youtube like you suggested. Don't have much experience with videos so need to learn more.

BTW found this free course for learning about YouTube marketing. People might find this useful: YouTube Marketing: The Content Engine, API, and Going Viral

Finally - Do you really think people will pay $39.99 for each?

LamboMP

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
63%
Aug 13, 2007
Toronto
for the love of god, please stop these threads!

So, to achieve 200,000 in 6 months you need to be making 33K/mo. Your making nothing. I'm sorry but I don't see this as very realistic at all

Try achieving $1,000 first.

HackVenture

Digital Marketer
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Mar 11, 2011
Planet Earth

From what I know, $2000 courses about mobile apps are being sold out there.

So the question should be, do you think what you're selling is worth $39.99?

Promoting a course like yours via Adwords is likely too expensive, and
you really need to pre-sell your audience. As far as courses are concerned,
I agree with Wade, Youtube's probably the best way for you to gauge
interest/pre-sell your course by demonstrating your expertise/what's
in the course through short videos.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly

This is a problem. Your asking someone on a forum if they think that people will pay $39.99 for a course. How about going out there and testing your market. You might be very surprised. I was in the gambling industry for years. I didn't ask questions like that. I looked at the market, demand, and competition, then set my price and adjusted it. I started at $75 and made more sales at $315. You can't really figure these things out unless you get the hell out there and make something happen.

Mr.Dietsch

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
55%
May 30, 2012
This is a problem. Your asking someone on a forum if they think that people will pay $39.99 for a course. How about going out there and testing your market. You might be very surprised. I was in the gambling industry for years. I didn't ask questions like that. I looked at the market, demand, and competition, then set my price and adjusted it. I started at $75 and made more sales at $315. You can't really figure these things out unless you get the hell out there and make something happen.

JohnP if you do not mind sharing, what exactly did you start off selling for $75 that you turned around and sold even more for at $315. I am starting a online grocery delivery business(I will make it fastlane, Promise) and one of my biggest questions is pricing.

johnp

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Aug 29, 2011
Philly
JohnP if you do not mind sharing, what exactly did you start off selling for $75 that you turned around and sold even more for at $315.

A book that teaches people how to manage their money & risk while playing a certain casin0 game. 1 sale at $75. A boat load at $315. Why did I sell more at $315? Because I told them to buy and a bunch of other magical reasons...

one of my biggest questions is pricing.

One of my biggest questions was how to offer value to my consumer. The pricing takes care of itself, with a little reasoning/market testing mixed in. Your idea seems good and it will clearly provide value. Start somewhere and you will figure it out, don't get hung up on the little stuff.

AllenCrawley

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
420%
Oct 13, 2011
Scottsdale, AZ
In this thread I hope to share with you a blow by blow account of how I plan to make at least $200,000 in the next 6 months. I hope that this will help provide you with the kind of guidance I always wanted.

I know this is a looong shot but... any update?

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Op was in August and December is almost over so only 2 more months to make it happen. I'm going to say he is still at $0, but I'd love to be proved wrong.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
What happened to the 200k? He probably made millions and just doesn't have time to update us.

What a jerk!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.