The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Will Earn $200,000 in the Next 6 Months & Give You a Blow by Blow Account

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
San Francisco, California
Hi,

I have so far been on the slow lane, working my a$$ off for 6 days a week, 14 hours per day. Now I have decided that this has to change and have been reading up a lot about taking the plunge. My biggest challenge was the lack of a mentor or a guide who could tell me the exact steps to success.

In this thread I hope to share with you a blow by blow account of how I plan to make at least $200,000 in the next 6 months. I hope that this will help provide you with the kind of guidance I always wanted.

A lot of people asked for my intro so here it is
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/introductions-networking/42026-hi-app-entrepreneur.html

Current Status
I started a mobile app marketing focused blog and based on my learning as the first employee and product manager of a startup I have created a course on building an App Business in 30 days.

URL removed by Runum.
Send a PM for the URL

If you want to try out the course use the coupon code "flforum" to get 50% discount. Only 10 coupons available.

Earnings so Far:
$22

Money spent so far:
$5/mo for hosting of the blog
$19/mo for Aweber email marketing software
$55 for recording the first 8 lectures
$10 for domain

Plan for next week:
The course seems to be very popular among entrepreneurs who do not know coding, so I will try to identify communities where I can market this course. I also am going to add a couple more lectures.

So long and wait for my next update coming soon.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited by a moderator:

1PercentStreet

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
May 16, 2012
Vegas
I Will Earn $200,000 in the Next 6 Months & Give You a Blow...

Um... I sorta misread your post the first time I read it.

Good luck, hope you get to your goal.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Why not start with a $10k objective? In 30 days, you earned $22.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY
Why don't you give a proper intro and follow the rules before posting your link up

InMotion

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
62%
Mar 18, 2011
Blow by Blow are the keywords here :bsflag:

PatrickP

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Mar 16, 2012
Ok going to need clarification if I can get some here?

So it is an app on how to build a successful app business in 30 days?

Can you link me to the app(s) you built into a successful business in 30 days?

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
Why not start with a $10k objective? In 30 days, you earned $22.

Vigilante, $10K is actually very easy to achieve, I just need 100 subscribers and I will be there very soon.
So far I have only $22 in revenues because I was offering the course for free in a beta release, to do some A/B tests on the messaging. I think I have the right messaging nailed down now.

Getting to $200,000 in 6 months is about 1,500 subscribers and another 50,000 in affiliate commissions which I plan to make from tools which I refer people to from the course.

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
Why don't you give a proper intro and follow the rules before posting your link up

Sorry if I missed any rules. Can you tell me what you mean by a proper intro? I definitely didn't want to just post a link up here.

Mike39

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Mar 17, 2012
Orlando, FL
I started a mobile app marketing focused blog and based on my learning as the first employee and product manager of a startup I have created a course on building an App Business in 30 days.

So I guess the proof is in the pudding, how in the hell can you teach ME how to make a successful app business in 30 days when YOUR app business is still in the red?

Have you made previous apps? Well just post a pic of you and your Ferrari sitting in your driveway, and I will be proven wrong

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
Ok going to need clarification if I can get some here?

So it is an app on how to build a successful app business in 30 days?

Can you link me to the app(s) you built into a successful business in 30 days?

Patrick,

Of course it is not an app on how to build an app. It is a course which tells you how to build an app business. Consider it an App Business Blue Print.

here is the link to our company's most successful app so far. This is the slots royale app.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mw.slotsroyale

My second most successful app is the roulette royale
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mw.rouletteroyale

We recently released the basketball games which has seen some crazy growth due to the strategies I explained in the course.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mywavia.mwbb

Please feel free to ask any other questions that you might have.

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
So I guess the proof is in the pudding, how in the hell can you teach ME how to make a successful app business in 30 days when YOUR app business is still in the red?

Have you made previous apps? Well just post a pic of you and your Ferrari sitting in your driveway, and I will be proven wrong

Hmmm...
My app business is definitely not in the red. I just mentioned the apps our company made in the previous post. May be you can refer to that?
The course is still in the red because I just launched it.

So I guess you are talking about two different things here.

About the ferrari... very soon very soon :)

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
Ok, so those apps you posted, did you make them? or the company you worked for? If it is your companies app, what was your part in making them? I think you should have explained this in your first post.

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
Ok, so those apps you posted, did you make them? or the company you worked for? If it is your companies app, what was your part in making them? I think you should have explained this in your first post.

I am not an app developer. I have zero coding experience.

I work with app developers to create apps for the ideas which can make money. My role was "Product Manager". I am mainly involved in the marketing, feature design and growth strategy for the app.

oddball

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Mar 8, 2011
Austin, TX
I am not an app developer. I have zero coding experience.

I work with app developers to create apps for the ideas which can make money. My role was "Product Manager". I am mainly involved in the marketing, feature design and growth strategy for the app.

Alright, I strongly suggest you post an intro if you want people to respond more positively to you. Here is where you do that: Introductions & Networking
Let us all know what you did and explain why we should believe you know what you are talking about. Just coming on the forum saying, hey take my course for the low amount of $99 seems like spam. BTW, if you offered your course for free, I'd check it out. :p

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
Alright, I strongly suggest you post an intro if you want people to respond more positively to you. Here is where you do that: Introductions & Networking
Let us all know what you did and explain why we should believe you know what you are talking about. Just coming on the forum saying, hey take my course for the low amount of $99 seems like spam. BTW, if you offered your course for free, I'd check it out. :p

Thanks oddball. Will do that. I can't give the course out for free but can definitely give a nice discount. Sent you a PM with a coupon code.

mottdog

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
22%
Jan 7, 2010
Redondo Beach, CA
A bunch of the chapters show upcoming. Is this content available in the dashboard of the course? What is the course fee giving the user?

D

DeletedUser2

Mottdog,

the course is being developed and that's why I am giving it out at a discount. Now The rest of the lectures will be added very soon.
All the upcoming lectures will be completed shortly.

Sigh,.....

another "im going to set the world on fire cause some days im going to finish what i started and will give you a discount because your early post....."

ill add this to my other 399 threads on this forum that I track JUST to be proven wrong.
once....

:)

btw, the apps you developed. were they yours? were you a project manager for someone else's apps? did you develop the apps, and have someone code them for you? are you the "project manager only"? or a marketing guy? what is your role in MyWavia Studios - iPhone & Android Game Development owner ? project manager? employee? partner?

well in any case an intro, woudl be nice. Like I said. i keep an eye on you.

Z

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
btw, the apps you developed. were they yours? were you a project manager for someone else's apps? did you develop the apps, and have someone code them for you? are you the "project manager only"? or a marketing guy? what is your role in MyWavia Studios - iPhone & Android Game Development owner ? project manager? employee? partner?[/quote

Hopefully this will be the last time I will have to answer this question -

I am NOT the owner, I am the Product Manager, not the project manager, who has been responsible for designing the features which increase userbase, revenues and virality for these apps. My role also requires me to market these apps.
I am NOT a coder. I don't know how to develop apps and don't intend to learn anytime soon.

This post is not for getting you guys to join the course, rather to share and learn from my experience building a business with this course.

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
A Quick Status Update

Sales: 1 sale yesterday worth $49

Next Steps:

I created some awareness for this course on warrior forum and received feedback that, with the course being still incomplete, it would not convert well.

So decided to make some changes. Till yesterday I was trying to create videos for every lecture and this was resulting in a significant lead time. So I decided to first add all the lectures as pdf documents and then convert them to videos one by one.

Finished writing two lectures and uploaded the first one.

Plan to Increase Revenues:

I already have more than 130 free subscribers to the course. So to increase revenues I have signed up as an affiliate for one of the products which I am writing about in the course. The product costs $50 one time and gives out 40% commissions. So even if 5% of the free users purchase this tool, I will get about $120 (0.05x130x50x0.4) in commissions. A greater conversion rate will give even higher commissions.

Questions for You Guys
Should I contact the product owner, whose product I am promoting in teh course and ask him for money to be featured in the course? This is a product I already use and will most probably end up featuring his product even if he doesn't pay.

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
A Quick Status Update

Sales: 1 sale yesterday worth $49

Next Steps:

I created some awareness for this course on warrior forum and received feedback that, with the course being still incomplete, it would not convert well.

So decided to make some changes. Till yesterday I was trying to create videos for every lecture and this was resulting in a significant lead time. So I decided to first add all the lectures as pdf documents and then convert them to videos one by one.

Finished writing two lectures and uploaded the first one.

Plan to Increase Revenues:

I already have more than 130 free subscribers to the course. So to increase revenues I have signed up as an affiliate for one of the products which I am writing about in the course. The product costs $50 one time and gives out 40% commissions. So even if 5% of the free users purchase this tool, I will get about $120 (0.05x130x50x0.4) in commissions. A greater conversion rate will give even higher commissions.

Questions for You Guys
Should I contact the product owner, whose product I am promoting in teh course and ask him for money to be featured in the course? This is a product I already use and will most probably end up featuring his product even if he doesn't pay.

$49 sale? Nice! Now all you need is $199,951.00 to reach your goal!

I give it two weeks. Maybe 3 tops

ypchoudary

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Aug 1, 2012
$49 sale? Nice! Now all you need is $199,951.00 to reach your goal!

I give it two weeks. Maybe 3 tops

:) @Dan, I will ignore the sarcasm and take that as you encouraging me...

BTW one more sale today at a full price of $99, so just $199,851 to go...

Also in terms of building the course, finished writing up two more lectures so 7 main lectures plus 3 bonus lectures completed. 23 more lectures to go.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Why would anybody buy a course that is not complete?

Dan Da Man

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Apr 20, 2012
San Diego
:) @Dan, I will ignore the sarcasm and take that as you encouraging me...

BTW one more sale today at a full price of $99, so just $199,851 to go...

Also in terms of building the course, finished writing up two more lectures so 7 main lectures plus 3 bonus lectures completed. 23 more lectures to go.

Lol. Sorry for the sarcasm but the whole $200,000 thing is kinda hilarious. The whole process of obtaining a goal that is purely based off of money is very unrealistic goal. There are too many factors involved and creating a money driven goal will lead you to failure and lead you a negative outcome most likely. Not saying you can't make $200,000 but you are going after this all wrong.

Did Mark Zuckenburg create facebook with the attitude of "I want to make $200,000 in 6 months. Did Steve Jobs create apple thinking, "Hmmm.. How can I make $200,000 in 6 months? How about I sell ebooks on how to make ebooks. Epic!"

Sarcasm aside I think you get the point. You need to focus on creating a goal that can be obtained. I will bet my entire life savings that you will not hit the $200k mark. I will bet you won't even hit the $20,000 mark. Why? because I have seen dozens of these threads that start out like this and in two months you will be at $200 in profit and you will be so down that you are so far away from your unrealistic goal that you will give up. Most of these threads last less than a month.

However, if you were to create a goal like creating and finishing up the ebook in a month or doubling the sales every 2 weeks. Not to think small but just saying a nice cool amount of money is not going to work.

Ask MJ. I am almost certain he did not have a money driven goal. Your setting yourself up for failure. I believe anything is possible but you need to be realistic. I thought the first business I started was guaranteed. I spend a whole year of my life dedicated to this and I thought in 6 months i would be rich. After a whole year of that shit, I had nothing and I was so down because i thought I was a loser because it did not work.

You may not understand now, but you will. Haven't you noticed the negative reaction you have already gotten? Take some advice from these people. I learned the hard way. You will learn the hard way too.

Also, if you can minus the amount of sales you make from the 200k, would be quite amusing for all of us. That way we can see how far you are from your goal.

baso

Banned
Aug 17, 2012
Lol. Sorry for the sarcasm but the whole $200,000 thing is kinda hilarious. The whole process of obtaining a goal that is purely based off of money is very unrealistic goal. There are too many factors involved and creating a money driven goal will lead you to failure and lead you a negative outcome most likely. Not saying you can't make $200,000 but you are going after this all wrong.

Did Mark Zuckenburg create facebook with the attitude of "I want to make $200,000 in 6 months. Did Steve Jobs create apple thinking, "Hmmm.. How can I make $200,000 in 6 months? How about I sell ebooks on how to make ebooks. Epic!"

Sarcasm aside I think you get the point. You need to focus on creating a goal that can be obtained. I will bet my entire life savings that you will not hit the $200k mark. I will bet you won't even hit the $20,000 mark. Why? because I have seen dozens of these threads that start out like this and in two months you will be at $200 in profit and you will be so down that you are so far away from your unrealistic goal that you will give up. Most of these threads last less than a month.

However, if you were to create a goal like creating and finishing up the ebook in a month or doubling the sales every 2 weeks. Not to think small but just saying a nice cool amount of money is not going to work.

Ask MJ. I am almost certain he did not have a money driven goal. Your setting yourself up for failure. I believe anything is possible but you need to be realistic. I thought the first business I started was guaranteed. I spend a whole year of my life dedicated to this and I thought in 6 months i would be rich. After a whole year of that shit, I had nothing and I was so down because i thought I was a loser because it did not work.

You may not understand now, but you will. Haven't you noticed the negative reaction you have already gotten? Take some advice from these people. I learned the hard way. You will learn the hard way too.

Also, if you can minus the amount of sales you make from the 200k, would be quite amusing for all of us. That way we can see how far you are from your goal.
Dear please try to describe your opinion in short phrase. Nobody has time to read that lengthy post

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Dear please try to describe your opinion in short phrase. Nobody has time to read that lengthy post

lol. Its a good post. Take the minute to read it, its worth it.

Likwid24

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
296%
Mar 26, 2011
Staten Island, NY