The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I tried to sell bitcoin & failed miserably

Anything related to bitcoin, crypto, blockchain

Equilibrium

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Jun 14, 2015
At the time I started this the price of bitcoin was around three bucks.

At this time mining the coins was incredibly easy... once you had the setup.
all you needed was a computer and patience to download the core, set it up and begin mining.

In a few hours hundreds of little coins would begin showing up in the mining software.. about 50 at a time.

they were useless, they were pointless and they were kind of fun to collect, like a cookie clicker game or pokemon.

However many people who were interested in getting into it did not have the patience to set up the software. It wasn't until later that the mining program had a graphical interface, and the early version was akin to a dos window that you keyed commands in.

so naturally I tried to sell the coins.
for just $5 I would send you a packet of 100 coins. it was just for fun, to see them traded and used. They had no real world value and because of this no one wanted them. I wasted a few weeks trying to chase leads, convincing people to trade ''bitcoins'' for $5 during this time I made exactly ZERO sales total. It wasn't a real product and few people cared enough to entertain the ideas of sending real currency for fake currency.

No one saw any value, no one was willing to put down currency for something that was gaining popularity a cent at a time. I stopped trying, wound down my machine and turned my attention to the next big thing. Soon after mining pools made the difficulty so high that I no longer could unlock a block without the help of a pool of people, working to share the profits.

Welcome to the bitcoin craze. Bubble or not each and every coin can be resold at a profit well exceeding the minimal account i was selling for.
the same people who had reticulated me now prosecuted me trying in vain to contact to buy, as the price rose and rose higher every day. I closed shop, locked down my contact and weathered out the storm.

The small amount of power it took to mine coins then has ballooned to entire factory of water cooled machines working day and night to unlock the next block.
I never spent a single coin. Maybe I never will. I still work at my job and pull in a modest sum.
nothing has changed since now and then, simply a circumstance of luck that I cared enough to play with a program.

But how crazy it is to see the people who scoffed at spending a single five dollar bill, trying unwisely to max credit cards and trying to purchase a single coin, when in the beginning they could have done the same, or purchased a fortune for the price of a candy bar.

The really strange thing comes later.
when the price of bitcoin hit 10k a coin I went on a youtube hunt.
every video I found talking about bitcoin, I posted a link to a form.

''Fill out the form= get one FREE bitcoin''
Then I posted questions

Why do you want it
What do you plan to do
How did you hear about bitcoin
What is your plan for the next year
Do you have a bitcoin address : needed to collect coins

Not. A. Single. Person. filled out the form.
Read again, not a single soul filled out the form for a possible exchange of ten thousand dollars.

sure, I could have been a scammer. Sure I could have been wasting their time.
But the form got 300 views, and zero submissions.

It blows my mind.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DavidK

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
May 23, 2017
Hurricane, UT
@active employ

Yes, humans are mysterious, as is the universe... Speaking of strange behavior, I read some articles about bitcoin's effect on the environment, energy cost to mine etc. Does anyone else see the environmental impact as a problem for bitcoin, at some point I expect a backlash will start?

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
At the time I started this the price of bitcoin was around three bucks.

At this time mining the coins was incredibly easy... once you had the setup.
all you needed was a computer and patience to download the core, set it up and begin mining.

In a few hours hundreds of little coins would begin showing up in the mining software.. about 50 at a time.

they were useless, they were pointless and they were kind of fun to collect, like a cookie clicker game or pokemon.

However many people who were interested in getting into it did not have the patience to set up the software. It wasn't until later that the mining program had a graphical interface, and the early version was akin to a dos window that you keyed commands in.

so naturally I tried to sell the coins.
for just $5 I would send you a packet of 100 coins. it was just for fun, to see them traded and used. They had no real world value and because of this no one wanted them. I wasted a few weeks trying to chase leads, convincing people to trade ''bitcoins'' for $5 during this time I made exactly ZERO sales total. It wasn't a real product and few people cared enough to entertain the ideas of sending real currency for fake currency.

No one saw any value, no one was willing to put down currency for something that was gaining popularity a cent at a time. I stopped trying, wound down my machine and turned my attention to the next big thing. Soon after mining pools made the difficulty so high that I no longer could unlock a block without the help of a pool of people, working to share the profits.

Welcome to the bitcoin craze. Bubble or not each and every coin can be resold at a profit well exceeding the minimal account i was selling for.
the same people who had reticulated me now prosecuted me trying in vain to contact to buy, as the price rose and rose higher every day. I closed shop, locked down my contact and weathered out the storm.

The small amount of power it took to mine coins then has ballooned to entire factory of water cooled machines working day and night to unlock the next block.
I never spent a single coin. Maybe I never will. I still work at my job and pull in a modest sum.
nothing has changed since now and then, simply a circumstance of luck that I cared enough to play with a program.

But how crazy it is to see the people who scoffed at spending a single five dollar bill, trying unwisely to max credit cards and trying to purchase a single coin, when in the beginning they could have done the same, or purchased a fortune for the price of a candy bar.

The really strange thing comes later.
when the price of bitcoin hit 10k a coin I went on a youtube hunt.
every video I found talking about bitcoin, I posted a link to a form.

''Fill out the form= get one FREE bitcoin''
Then I posted questions

Why do you want it
What do you plan to do
How did you hear about bitcoin
What is your plan for the next year
Do you have a bitcoin address : needed to collect coins

Not. A. Single. Person. filled out the form.
Read again, not a single soul filled out the form for a possible exchange of ten thousand dollars.

sure, I could have been a scammer. Sure I could have been wasting their time.
But the form got 300 views, and zero submissions.

It blows my mind.

is your freebie form still available ;D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.