The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

FAILED MISERABLY..what I learned...what I'm doing next.

Anything related to matters of the mind

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
After posting on this forum many times asking for advice and explaining my situation I have to admit I have been butt hurt by replies and responses I have gotten.

The ONLY reason that I was butt hurt is because I did not want to except the TRUTH.

The truth that I had the wrong MINDSET and that my ego was getting in the way of making PROGRESS. (Turns out spinning your wheels is slowlane)

After seeking advice and not getting what I WANTED to hear I got a good kick in the a$$ that made a fundamental part of my brain change.

Here is the progress I've made since my last post:

-In order to get my financial life in control I've cut out everything that is not essential and sold all of my belonging that aren't useful for the extra cash. (I have a flip phone now that I only kept for work and an old minivan also required for work)

-In addition to cutting out as much spending as possible I have started making more money. Working 11 hours per day for 6 days a week. (I am now looking into more options that don't involved having a 9-5 dead end job: See below)

-Looking to find more time to spend with my family.

-I have cut out time consuming things like watching T.V., going out to bars, playing video games, etc. And replaced that time with reading books and learning, selling things and improving things like diet, fitness, meditation for mental and physical health to invest in my future.

-Started looking for ways in which I can use my skills to help other people in exchange for money.

My TWO Options are using skills I already have in order to make money or LEARN new skills which take time.

Here are two lists of skills I have. One list is very skilled and the other list is only slightly skilled.

Very skilled:

-Poi Spinning/ Glowstick spinning (Hobby-very advanced).
-Knowledge of how to successfully do a vegan diet and get proper nutrition.
-Knowledge of diet for Body recomposition.
-Knowledge of gaining strength (Powerlifting).
-Knowledge of self care for joints and flexibility for proper body mechanics and injury prevention.
-Writing (format of this post is my style of writing).
-learning (pick up new skills fast).
-Knowledge of using diet/ supplements (if any) to optimize motivation and energy/ focus levels throughout the day.

Slightly skilled

-Wordpress
-Basic video editing for Youtube videos
-Selling things (personal items) on craigslist.
-cooking.
-bodybuilding (competition, posing, lifting, etc.).
-Knowledge about Jiu Jitsu, martial arts, MMA, self Defense, etc.
-Knowledge about religion, atheism, current events, etc.
-Knowledge about relationships/ sex.
-Style/ grooming/ health/ wellness hacks.

These are the main things I can think of right now.

I need to figure out how to use these skills and transfer them into building a brand, making a product, etc.

OR..

I was thinking of learning a new skill like programming or copywriting in order to make extra money.

I know learning a new skill is a form of procrastinating so I'm going to procrastinate further by thinking it through.

This is where i'm at and I just wanted to post an update and any advice or critique is welcome.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TheGrind

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Jan 20, 2016
Definitely learn copywriting. You seem determined to improve yourself, keep at that.

As far as meditation, download the app Headspace. I start my day with it everyday and the effects of it have been nothing short of amazing.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Definitely learn copywriting. You seem determined to improve yourself, keep at that.

As far as meditation, download the app Headspace. I start my day with it everyday and the effects of it have been nothing short of amazing.

can you elaborate on the effects?

Paul Thomas

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Jul 9, 2013
-Poi Spinning/ Glowstick spinning (Hobby-very advanced).
-learning (pick up new skills fast).

Slightly skilled

-Wordpress
-Basic video editing for Youtube videos
Think about combining skills to create something.

I narrowed my thoughts down in that quote. Teach people (that have the appetite to learn, EDM kids etc.) how to *quickly* learn how to spin glowsticks like a pro for free via writing, youtube videos on a simple wordpress site. Upsell them on glowstick materials, other related items showing them that they are the best to use for this "learning", use your authority and ability to endorse the product.

Offer influencers in the "glow-stick" spinning niche, free posts/videos on their blog on how to spin, plug your product for free traffic.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
Does not mean chasing it is the way to go.

Strangely enough, you have the "Read The Millionaire Fastlane " badge but MJ talks specifically about not chasing money (chapter 30: commandment of need)...

You fraudin, bruh?
Maybe I'll need to give it a re read haha

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014

I don't have a smart phone for the app but I have read about 5-6 books on meditation and I usually do it before bed. I'll have to try it in the morning.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
pick one that you think you can fill, and go after it.

(talk about business in terms of meeting needs instead of listing out your skills and abilities. It will put you in a much more productive frame of mind)
Noted. I will think of something and go for it.

arfadugus

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 5, 2014
He thanks for the
Think about combining skills to create something.

I narrowed my thoughts down in that quote. Teach people (that have the appetite to learn, EDM kids etc.) how to *quickly* learn how to spin glowsticks like a pro for free via writing, youtube videos on a simple wordpress site. Upsell them on glowstick materials, other related items showing them that they are the best to use for this "learning", use your authority and ability to endorse the product.

Offer influencers in the "glow-stick" spinning niche, free posts/videos on their blog on how to spin, plug your product for free traffic.
ideas!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.