The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

JorgeInmortal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 17, 2020
Well, I guess I can start by introducing my self.
My name is Jorge Díaz, I am from the city of Monterrey in México and I am 48 years old.
A bit about my city. Monterrey is located in the northeast part of México, about 2 hours from the border with Texas. This awesome city is surrounded by mountains part of the Sierra Madre which make a great place to go hiking and it's usually a short drive from downtown.
Monterrey has a population of about 4.5 million people and it's considered the industrial center for México. Forbes magazine called it the best city to do business in Latin America. We are home to companies like CEMEX, CERVECERÍA CUAHUTEMOC/MOCTEZUMA (Makers of Tecate, XX, Sol, etc.)Glass and steel companies, banks, tortillas and so on.
It is a great place to live with a great environment for business and innovation. As a matter of fact, if you ask people in other parts of México about us, they always say people from Monterrey are very hard workers. One of the municipalities part of the Metro area is the wealthiest one of Latin America.

Now a bit about myself.
I have a degree on exercise science and although I have worked in the fitness industry and also as a Physical Education teacher I also work as a translator. My job as a translator has opened many doors for me and one of them was translating all of Jordan Belfort's Straight Line System catalog into Spanish which also allowed me to get a deal where I get a commission for every copy that is sold in Spanish in exchange for not charging for my services in advance.
Currently I also have a facebook and instagram page dedicated to injury prevention that initially was focused on crossfiters and now has grown to almost 10 thousand followers in the spanish speaking market. I toured Mexico doing workshops and met many amazing people from our México Crossfit community doing that. My mistake was not adapting to the market and what started as something I loved, became just something to make money from. I stopped caring, became a money chaser and things dried up. More on this topic later.

I started working on the sales department at an outsourcing company in my city but I sucked at sales. I bought a book by Jordan Belfort, joined his community and that's how I ended up with that translation gig. I do not love to translate or subtitle since it's so mentally draining but I did it because I knew it would open up doors for me, and it has.
I am currently partnered up with a real state company in my city as a sales trainer. They bought the system and I am helping them build their sales team. I had no experience doing so but I pretty much did what other experts say works and voila, our salespeople, with no experience on that, are closing sales.
That boosted my confidence and I started doing live streams on my FB and IG accounts again relating to health and fitness issues in these covid times. Well, one of my followers who is a the head for the human resources department for a company asked me if I had anything resembling a corporate health program. I said I had gone to some companies in the past to do talks about the impact of exercise on our brains. She then asked if I could do a fitness program for their home based employees. We agreed on a price and I am currently creating all that content.
So now I am doing that on my free time. Recording videos with at home exercise routines, 15 mins videos with different topics, and I will upload them to an online platform and get constant feedback to improve the quality of them. I am recording them with my cellphone and editing on my laptop. I see a huge potential since the work landscape has changed a lot. I just read an article in a magazine in México about how most people who are now doing home office want to stay that way. Companies have seen increases in productivity and their expenses lowered due to leasing less office space. It is a lot of work what I am doing since it's not a program just to look better, in fact, that is not even the issue. It has to do more with productivity and mental health than anything else.
I realize I have a lot more to learn but reading MFL has really point out my flaws and where I need to work on. For instance, I know the Jordan Belfort violates the command of control since it is not MY product, but it has opened doors in the meantime to meet other people.
I am almost done reading UNSCRIPTED and just bought Wealth Exposed. Ever since I read MFL, I have shared it with other like minded individuals in my town so they can also benefit from it's lessons.
I am excited to be part of this community to learn and contribute.
I ramble on a lot, so I will leave it at this for now.
Thanks for reading my intro,
Jorge

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Yep, this book really opened my eyes to what's possible as well. I hope your journey and everything you're learning from belfort goes well!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Have you thought about visiting those plants in your city to see if there are an opportunities for you?

Welcome Jorge!

JorgeInmortal

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Nov 17, 2020
Have you thought about visiting those plants in your city to see if there are an opportunities for you?

Welcome Jorge!
Thanks for the reply MJ.
I have been calling some companies to set up meetings with them. They seem interested and want to do a video conference first before I visit their plants. Everyone is freaked out about COVID19 down here and that seems to be the reason for that extra step, but they are at least open to talk about it. The ones I have talked to on the phone are interested in two things: injury prevention part for their assembly line people, and for their home office people, an at home wellness program ( I think "wellness" instead of "fitness" has a more holistic sound and it better describes my content. I was recommended to use Kajabi as a platform. I checked it out and it pretty much has everything I need for an online content based business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...