The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I saw it in my dreams

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
I keep dreaming I'm running away from zombies. So we have a couple possibilities:
  1. I need to market a lean, cloud based zombie killing solution for small to medium sized survival groups.
  2. I'm subconsciously mythologizing my daily experience at my 9-5 with apocalyptic symbolism.
  3. I really gotta stop binge watching the walking dead for hours in the middle of the night while my kid keeps me awake with crying.
I'll let the experts on the forum decide which they believe is more plausible.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
the idea. What does it mean? Is THAT idea the one I go with just because I dreamed it??

I'm with @SteveO that there is often times to something to the dreams we have.

Intuition.

That's the word.

According to a lot of personal development and spiritual circles, they say that "the entire universe is inside of us" and we are all connected by some invisible force. Where there is something guiding us through life, and has access to knowledge we can't consciously recognize..

On many occasions over the past couple of years, I've had "visions" of things months before they actually occurred.

One of them involved me seeing myself walk up a bluff, overlooking the pacific ocean, with a palm tree to my left.

A year after that vision, I was living in Phoenix, AZ and a friend of mine from New York called me saying she wanted to go on a spurt of the moment road trip. Our plans were to go from the Grand Canyon to Vegas to LA, and then I would drive back to Phoenix.

When we got to LA, I was about to drive back to Phoenix and a major interstate bridge collapsed, so I was forced to go through San Diego the next day.

While driving down through San Diego, some type of intuition (inner feeling) told me to get off specific exits of the highway. When I was about to leave a coffee shop and drive back, that same inner feeling told me to go down a road in the opposite direction.

I wind up at cabrillo national monument.

While there, I walked up a bluff, with the palm tree on the left, and the pacific ocean in front of me.

Exactly the same vision I had from a year before - it took a girl initiating the road trip, a major interstate being shut down, and some inner feeling guiding my actions - to get me there.

Same type of inner feeling that led me to meet my (now) (crazy) ex-girlfriend, where I saw myself at a specific apartment in Granada, Spain - a vision I had a month before I knew I was even going to go to Spain.

She was studying abroad there for the semester, so I flew over to live with her at the end of august.

On my flight over, I had a dream of being on a date with a different girl in Amsterdam.

Girlfriend turned into crazy ex girlfriend, I left, and eventually wound up in amsterdam...in that exact vision I had.

The list goes on.

Intuition.

What I learned from these visions I've had over the years that led me in the right direction....these visions had a different "feel" to it compared to other random day dreams and thoughts in my mind.

Tune into the feel of those visions/feelings/thoughts/etc. that have come true in the past, and use this to judge the same type of guidance for the future.

This is how I view it...

Question

Does this dream have that kind of feel to it? Or is feeling like a normal dream (like the rest)?

Tactical

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Apr 9, 2016
Lincoln, Nebraska
I'm with @SteveO that there is often times to something to the dreams we have.

Intuition.

That's the word.

According to a lot of personal development and spiritual circles, they say that "the entire universe is inside of us" and we are all connected by some invisible force. Where there is something guiding us through life, and has access to knowledge we can't consciously recognize..

On many occasions over the past couple of years, I've had "visions" of things months before they actually occurred.

One of them involved me seeing myself walk up a bluff, overlooking the pacific ocean, with a palm tree to my left.

A year after that vision, I was living in Phoenix, AZ and a friend of mine from New York called me saying she wanted to go on a spurt of the moment road trip. Our plans were to go from the Grand Canyon to Vegas to LA, and then I would drive back to Phoenix.

When we got to LA, I was about to drive back to Phoenix and a major interstate bridge collapsed, so I was forced to go through San Diego the next day.

While driving down through San Diego, some type of intuition (inner feeling) told me to get off specific exits of the highway. When I was about to leave a coffee shop and drive back, that same inner feeling told me to go down a road in the opposite direction.

I wind up at cabrillo national monument.

While there, I walked up a bluff, with the palm tree on the left, and the pacific ocean in front of me.

Exactly the same vision I had from a year before - it took a girl initiating the road trip, a major interstate being shut down, and some inner feeling guiding my actions - to get me there.

Same type of inner feeling that led me to meet my (now) (crazy) ex-girlfriend, where I saw myself at a specific apartment in Granada, Spain - a vision I had a month before I knew I was even going to go to Spain.

She was studying abroad there for the semester, so I flew over to live with her at the end of august.

On my flight over, I had a dream of being on a date with a different girl in Amsterdam.

Girlfriend turned into crazy ex girlfriend, I left, and eventually wound up in amsterdam...in that exact vision I had.

The list goes on.

Intuition.

What I learned from these visions I've had over the years that led me in the right direction....these visions had a different "feel" to it compared to other random day dreams and thoughts in my mind.

Tune into the feel of those visions/feelings/thoughts/etc. that have come true in the past, and use this to judge the same type of guidance for the future.

This is how I view it...

Question

Does this dream have that kind of feel to it? Or is feeling like a normal dream (like the rest)?

this has the feel to it. It is unreal and I am taking action on it. The furthest I have gone before in fact.

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
May 21, 2011
An advertisement idea? Not naked, but just topless. Imagine a manly fellow strolling down the sidewalk, his glistening six-packs, puffing away on a cigar...

Ummmm

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I keep dreaming I'm running away from zombies. So we have a couple possibilities:
  1. I need to market a lean, cloud based zombie killing solution for small to medium sized survival groups.
  2. I'm subconsciously mythologizing my daily experience at my 9-5 with apocalyptic symbolism.
  3. I really gotta stop binge watching the walking dead for hours in the middle of the night while my kid keeps me awake with crying.
I'll let the experts on the forum decide which they believe is more plausible.
Or it could mean that you have a fear of something in your life and you evade rather than face. :)

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
Or it could mean that you have a fear of something in your life and you evade rather than face. :)

Dammit don't shrink me! Not all of us get to spend our day on the golf course! :D

MRSSuply

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
317%
Nov 17, 2016
Georgia, USA

This is how I view it...

Question

As someone who has had a few visions/premonitions, but is also a skeptic, I think that it's also worthwhile to ask yourself "Is this intuition based on the universe telling me something new, or is it subconscious pattern recognition." If it's the first, it's fine to proceed, but it becomes more important to have contingency plans. If it's the second, you don't have to force yourself to make contingency plans because it's just pattern recognition, so if your diagnosis stops matching the pattern, you'll automatically course-correct.

Non-business example of scenario #1: When I found out MR.Supply and I were pregnant, I immediately *knew* it was a girl. Complete, 100%, bet-your-life-on-it KNEW. Except - I would never have bet my life on it, simply because that would be unwise. Instead, I enjoyed picturing a girl and told close friends I was pretty sure it was a girl. But I also made sure to ask the ultrasound technician to please tell us the sex because I did NOT want to be expecting a girl and then be disappointed to be holding a boy in my arms come D-day. Using all available technology to find out beforehand would give me time to prepare and be excited.

Non-business example of scenario #2: After baby arrived, she cried sometimes ;-) . So I'd usually pick her up, and if that didn't stop the crying, check her clothes, then check her diaper, and then feed her. If my intuition said "check her diaper" I'd check her diaper first, and more often then not, it would need changing. But this was likely pattern-recognition - perhaps she usually had a wet diaper X minutes after sleeping or eating. Perhaps her cry was slightly different, or the way she positioned herself. I didn't know why, but I knew what and acted accordingly. And of course, if it turned out it wasn't wet, I would automatically try something else from the list.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I live by and practice them. Some decisions are based on them.

I used to meditate and look for communications. There have been many. Not going to talk about them on a forum though.

Nathan Monroe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
69%
Nov 27, 2016
USA
I also dreamed I F*cked Taylor Swift. The idea may be good but remember it's the PROCESS not the idea that is most important. Good luck.

A goal without a plan is just a wish. Please plan, then share said plan here with everyone (Mandatory). :p

OldFaithful

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Mar 11, 2016
Northwest Indiana
as an INTJ, people like me are just 1.5 % of the population according to the MBTI.
the odds i find someone thinking like me are almost zero
You're not the only IITJ on here! I just did a quick search and found over a dozen of us.

G-Man

Cantankerous Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
543%
Jan 13, 2014
^^^ Biggest barrier to entry. I've loaned money to a rec dispensary owner in Colorado, but since I am not a Colorado resident, I can't have any actual ownership. And he's losing his a$$ thanks to Strawberry Fields in Pueblo. (and his lack of processes, I backed the wrong horse)

I had an opportunity to get into a grow operation in Michigan at the beginning stages last year. The goal is to essentially create a weed-grower MLM (for lack of a better way to describe it). I backed off because I don't want to get involved in anything that highly regulated. I regret that now. I see that the regulation keeps the stupid money out.

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
With regards to dreams. We have the ability to live a very real part of our lives though dreams. Lucid dreaming is interesting.

I Love this topic, sometimes i want to sleep longer just to See what happens next in The dream. Best if you can decide what you do in The Dream. There are some Lucid Glasses out there but Never tried.

as an INTJ, people like me are just 1.5 % of the population according to the MBTI

The odds i find someone thinking like me are almost Zero
. If you sell your idea to people WHO think like you than you got in france 1.5% from 66mio it almost a Million. From that Million Sell to 100k, Looking worldwide Even Bigger? Tmf is adressed to like minde People and iam sure mj got his 1.5% that think that way, (The icecream kid looking At The Lamborghini also Dreamed :). Maybe you should write a book and reach all The intj People as Readers. And why The Heck you gettin tips from People WHO failed in business.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
I Love this topic, sometimes i want to sleep longer just to See what happens next in The dream. Best if you can decide what you do in The Dream. There are some Lucid Glasses out there but Never tried.

. If you sell your idea to people WHO think like you than you got in france 1.5% from 66mio it almost a Million. From that Million Sell to 100k, Looking worldwide Even Bigger? Tmf is adressed to like minde People and iam sure mj got his 1.5% that think that way, (The icecream kid looking At The Lamborghini also Dreamed :). Maybe you should write a book and reach all The intj People as Readers. And why The Heck you gettin tips from People WHO failed in business.

i am afraid you can't understand

people like me are very rare. i won't tell the details. but this is impossible to find a guy like me in France.

so i can't teach one million guy or make a product about my understanding

this is nonsense.

they wouldn't even understand what the hell they are reading.

in order to have a taste of reality, ask freemasons what they think of most people and society

Dan_Fastlane

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jan 3, 2017
World Citizen
i am afraid you can't understand

people like me are very rare. i won't tell the details. but this is impossible to find a guy like me in France.

so i can't teach one million guy or make a product about my understanding

this is nonsense.

they wouldn't even understand what the hell they are reading.

in order to have a taste of reality, ask freemasons what they think of most people and society

Sorry but iam afraid you do not Unterstand, you dont Need to write down or make a product you want but what your Customers want and knowing How they think and from what they struggle is your adavntage. Its in business about them not YOU.

When you saying they wouldn't even understand what they read and you mention the freemasons are u in the right forum then? we can make a bet that I understand everything what you would tell me, you are free to shoot me a pm.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.