The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I saw it in my dreams

douevenshift

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Aug 1, 2016
I also dreamed I F*cked Taylor Swift. The idea may be good but remember it's the PROCESS not the idea that is most important. Good luck.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
dreams can be made real though process.
Unfortunately, some dreams have to be waken up from, because some dreams are just dreams

Dreams such as:
A good degree will make you rich and make you better than everyone! (academic arrogance!)
The government will take care of us (what for???)
Hope in the stock market and compound interest (lol)
This guru or that course will teach me how to be rich quickly! (fell too much for it!)

Now to think of it, I don't watch TV anymore. No urge for it. People watch dramas and soaps in order to sink themselves into the dreams of fantastical lives...lol. And we do some work.:bookworm::punch:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
about a week ago I saw in my dream that I was running butt naked around the city selling cigarettes. Should I pursue that? Will it make my wealthy?

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
about a week ago I saw in my dream that I was running butt naked around the city selling cigarettes. Should I pursue that? Will it make my wealthy?
An advertisement idea? Not naked, but just topless. Imagine a manly fellow strolling down the sidewalk, his glistening six-packs, puffing away on a cigar...

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
An advertisement idea? Not naked, but just topless. Imagine a manly fellow strolling down the sidewalk, his glistening six-packs, puffing away on a cigar...

Haha. That'd be illegal in the USA. Freakin' FDA. Bleh.

Anyway, I believe this quote is appropriate for the OP.

"Build it, and they will come"

I don't see the word "dream" in there anywhere...

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013

I'd be too intimidated to buy from a naked man. And it goes against CENTS :p

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
Pick up a book on dreams. You may be surprised by the content.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I'd be too intimidated to buy from a naked man. And it goes against CENTS :p
No, not naked....no shirt on...o_O
We would need to convince the masses that the product makes them look cool and outstanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
No, not naked....no shirt on...o_O
We would need to convince the masses that the product makes them look cool and outstanding.
Then it's a matter of time until we see this on Shark Tank ;)

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Then it's a matter of time until we see this on Shark Tank ;)
I have a feeling Cuban would like the cigars to be somehow unique...
But the smokes have been superseded by e-cigarettes. I saw a friend smoking one the other day and it smelt like christmas cake....brandy.
E-cigars with assorted flavours?o_O

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I thought it was funny that I haven't seen much talk about tobacco/nicotine products here, even though BILLIONS are being left on the table from unmet needs.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I thought it was funny that I haven't seen much talk about tobacco/nicotine products here, even though BILLIONS are being left on the table from unmet needs.
I know right!
Probably it is the health effects of tobacco to blame for. at home, the cigarette cases are labelled with smoking warning hazards and pictures of yucky gory tumours caused by smoking:vomit: :puke:
And they raise prices too
I'm not a smoker...but I suppose that a healthier substitute for cigarettes that gives the same effect would be a welcome to the market

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
It is not clear whether the op was serious with this post. The responses are fun and funny.

The short responses that I gave were along the serious side although there was no real information provided.

I believe that we have an endless amount of knowledge. Almost unlimited. I also believe that we communicate with ourselves constantly. The sad part is that we don't listen. Our intuition, impulses, emotions, and DREAMS are us talking to ourselves. But, we don't grasp what is being communicated. As a result we make choices that in turn make our lives more difficult.

With regards to dreams. We have the ability to live a very real part of our lives though dreams. Lucid dreaming is interesting.

Last edited:

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I know right!
Probably it is the health effects of tobacco to blame for. at home, the cigarette cases are labelled with smoking warning hazards and pictures of yucky gory tumours caused by smoking:vomit: :puke:
And they raise prices too
I'm not a smoker...but I suppose that a healthier substitute for cigarettes that gives the same effect would be a welcome to the market

I've got no problems with selling vices. It fills a need.

It's the barrier to entry that gets me. HUGE BARRIER.

Some lower barrier points though, like Vape juice et al.

Scale and looming FDA regulations are difficult though. It's a rough biz haha...that's why I love it.

I vape and use Ecigs.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I've got no problems with selling vices. It fills a need.

It's the barrier to entry that gets me. HUGE BARRIER.

Some lower barrier points though, like Vape juice et al.

Scale and looming FDA regulations are difficult though. It's a rough biz haha...that's why I love it.

I vape and use Ecigs.
Speaking of vices, I heard a few states legalised drugs especially for the use of medical or recreational purposes.

Very taboo subject at home here...but I wonder what can a Fastlaner do in this sector...?
For some reasons no one is touching it.

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
Speaking of vices, I heard a few states legalised drugs especially for the use of medical or recreational purposes.

Very taboo subject at home here...but I wonder what can a Fastlaner do in this sector...?
For some reasons no one is touching it.

Yeah, weed. I'm not sure how @MJ DeMarco feels about that on the forum. I'm sure he'll chime in if it's a no no.

Moderate barrier to entry, scale is an issue, needs are hard to fill (it's quickly becoming a commodity, so price is king)

It didn't work out for me.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
Yeah, weed. I'm not sure how @MJ DeMarco feels about that on the forum. I'm sure he'll chime in if it's a no no.

Moderate barrier to entry, scale is an issue, needs are hard to fill (it's quickly becoming a commodity, so price is king)

It didn't work out for me.
OK...let's reverse the scene to a healthy anti-drug campaign.
It's more creative and dynamic as it is more socially acceptable.
For some reasons, drug addiction is still quite rampant despite all the social services.
I was wondering how apps could be a gamechanger as ex-addicts are known to be vulnerable to relapse when they go far from centres of help.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawence

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Pick up a book on dreams. You may be surprised by the content.

@SteveO is there any book you'd recommend? The topic is such that I'd guess there are many not-so-good books.

To the OP - Maybe try to give your idea an objective consideration.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
@SteveO is there any book you'd recommend? The topic is such that I'd guess there are many not-so-good books.

To the OP - Maybe try to give your idea an objective consideration.
Don't want to look like a lunatic. :)

There are plenty of books on amazon that deal with the dream topic and they are all fairly similar.

I do like the book "Seth Speaks". Not about dreams but touches on it.

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
the idea. What does it mean? Is THAT idea the one I go with just because I dreamed it??

if you ask people who failed in business, they will tell you that they followed their idea they saw in dreams

hmmmm....

so i won't follow my ideas.

i will test things to discover what people want because they don't think like me.

at all .

as an INTJ, people like me are just 1.5 % of the population according to the MBTI.

the odds i find someone thinking like me are almost zero

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016
I'm game with the discussion, I think it's a great industry and a viable alternative to pharma crap.

Good to know, thanks.

Hate to hijack this thread more though haha.

http://strawberryfieldsmmj.com/

This company ^^^ has it figured out.

Whoever runs this company obviously has franchise experience. Clean & well-lit stores, "cookie cutter" type styling, very specific processes. It feels more like going into a Chipotle than it does a weed shop. Every Chipotle feels the same, and every Strawberry Fields does too.

They understand that their target is not the "21 year old college drop out loser that gets lit every night" but it's the "40 year old divorcee who just had her 5th failed Match .com date this week and needs to unwind" or the "25 year old receptionist who has swapped out her usual margarita's for the latest THC infused sweet treat (chocolate or beverage) at her 'Forever 21' party"

The number of needs that need filled in the weed industry is staggering, and Strawberry Fields is all over it like a fat kid at an all you can eat buffet.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Good to know, thanks.

Hate to hijack this thread more though haha.

http://strawberryfieldsmmj.com/

This company ^^^ has it figured out.

Whoever runs this company obviously has franchise experience. Clean & well-lit stores, "cookie cutter" type styling, very specific processes. It feels more like going into a Chipotle than it does a weed shop. Every Chipotle feels the same, and every Strawberry Fields does too.

They understand that their target is not the "21 year old college drop out loser that gets lit every night" but it's the "40 year old divorcee who just had her 5th failed Match .com date this week and needs to unwind" or the "25 year old receptionist who has swapped out her usual margarita's for the latest THC infused sweet treat (chocolate or beverage) at her 'Forever 21' party"

The number of needs that need filled in the weed industry is staggering, and Strawberry Fields is all over it like a fat kid at an all you can eat buffet.

Reminds me of this...

IMG_2805.JPG

MidwestLandlord

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
759%
Dec 6, 2016

Haha, for sure.

Must be resident of Colorado at time of application and for two years immediately prior to application <---Recreational weed license rule in Colorado.

^^^
Biggest barrier to entry. I've loaned money to a rec dispensary owner in Colorado, but since I am not a Colorado resident, I can't have any actual ownership. And he's losing his a$$ thanks to Strawberry Fields in Pueblo. (and his lack of processes, I backed the wrong horse)

As far as I can tell, it makes CENTS selling weed if done right, but I'm not willing to move to Colorado. ("control" is debatable, since it's still illegal at the federal level)

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
ha
I also dreamed I F*cked Taylor Swift. The idea may be good but remember it's the PROCESS not the idea that is most important. Good luck.
hahaahahahaha

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.