The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I own 2 pieces of land next to my house, but I have no idea what to do with them.

Idea threads

diogoatmelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 30, 2019
Portugal
Hi.

I hope this is the right place for this kind of post.

As the title says I own two medium-sized pieces of land right next to my house. Unfortunately, I have not yet gained access to the exact sizes (working on it).
The problem is I do not know what to do with them.

A few observations:
  • I'm from Portugal. The properties are located outside of the two main cities: Porto and Lisbon. They're, however, on a fastly growing city. But on the edges of it;
  • They're located on a family street and I have a few relatives who are opposed to selling them to outsiders. I can see where they are coming from and I would like to respect their wishes, however, this isn't a deal-breaker for me. If the right opportunity comes along, I will sell;
  • While I do not know the exact size, the properties can each fit a medium-sized house (2-3 floors), easily;
  • I had an offer of 50k for them a few years ago, and I discussed that with my immediate family and a few people that understand real estate better than I do, and we all agreed the offer was too low;
I'm looking for ideas on how to monetize the properties. Feel free to give any idea and I'll adapt it to my situation.
Also, has anyone been in a similar situation and, if so, how did you proceed?

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Apr 29, 2019
Your options are limitless. Depends what you want to do with them..
Want quick money? Sell the land and invest in your business.
Want more money? Build a house economically and upsell.
Want cashflow? (great if you wanna "live for free" etc) Build super cheap stuff and rent out.
You can also get an investor on board and build an appartment or office unit with 10-20 units. That includes removing your house if neccesary.

diogoatmelo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Oct 30, 2019
Portugal
Your options are limitless. Depends what you want to do with them..

I realize I didn't give much information for you to work on.

Want more money? Build a house economically and upsell.
Want cashflow? (great if you wanna "live for free" etc) Build super cheap stuff and rent out.

This is honestly what I'm more inclined to do. I'm trying to brainstorm how and what super cheap stuff might be.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.