The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need HELP please! What are the Most Important Aspects of Testimonials?

Marketing, social media, advertising

adnanazmi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 22, 2023
Colombo, Sri Lana
Hello Fellow Fastlaners! I would like to kindly request your input and insights on the topic of testimonials. This thread is so we can learn Together everything we can about this important aspect of our businesses.

1. What is the best way to get testimonials?
- Please share your thoughts on the most effective methods to obtain testimonials.
- Which approach do you find most successful when asking clients for testimonials?
- Should we focus on collecting testimonials for our website, or should we consider other platforms such as Google, Trust Pilot, Facebook, and LinkedIn?
- Is it possible to gather testimonials from multiple platforms and link them on our website?

2. How do we position our testimonials?
- Please share your suggestions on how to present testimonials in the most compelling way.
- Are data metrics valuable in showcasing success rates alongside testimonials? Yes. How best can we achieve this?

3. How can we acquire our first 10 testimonials? Best ways?
- Would offering the product for free to selected clients in exchange for feedback and reviews be a viable approach?

4. Are there any cost-effective applications you recommend for collecting testimonials?

5. Should I consider using testimonial.to on my website?

6. What are your thoughts on selectively choosing clients to improve testimonials, particularly for higher-priced items, please?

7. Any other thoughts or important things we need to be aware of?

I kindly invite you to contribute your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions to create a collaborative learning environment. Others please feel free to add to my questions. Thank you very much!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

DB1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Apr 6, 2022
Hello Fellow Fastlaners! I would like to kindly request your input and insights on the topic of testimonials. This thread is so we can learn Together everything we can about this important aspect of our businesses.

- Please share your thoughts on the most effective methods to obtain testimonials.
- Which approach do you find most successful when asking clients for testimonials?
- Should we focus on collecting testimonials for our website, or should we consider other platforms such as Google, Trust Pilot, Facebook, and LinkedIn?
- Is it possible to gather testimonials from multiple platforms and link them on our website?

- Please share your suggestions on how to present testimonials in the most compelling way.
- Are data metrics valuable in showcasing success rates alongside testimonials? Yes. How best can we achieve this?

- Would offering the product for free to selected clients in exchange for feedback and reviews be a viable approach?

4. Are there any cost-effective applications you recommend for collecting testimonials?

6. What are your thoughts on selectively choosing clients to improve testimonials, particularly for higher-priced items, please?

I kindly invite you to contribute your thoughts, experiences, and suggestions to create a collaborative learning environment. Others please feel free to add to my questions. Thank you very much!
What business do you have/are starting? The value and use of your testimonials will differ based on your niche/field.

I have a private tutoring business and I've found the best time to ask for testimonials is at the peak of the customer experience. E.g. they've just received a great grade, parents are happy, concepts are clicking... This lends to a more natural testimonial that new viewers can resonate with and aspire towards. Personally, at a small scale, I reach out to clients by sending them a casual text, although you can send periodic emails (automated if appropriate). There are also sites and tools you can use. FOMO.com is one @Lex DeVille mentions which shows social proof by displaying customer actions (site visits, interactions etc).

In terms of positioning, it definitely rings true that the customer is really buying the result and outcome not the service or product. For me I ask if they can share any positive results the students have gotten. Having a data collection process can link well with this.

Haven't used testimonial.to but consider if it works with your brand. Selecting testimonials is okay just make sure it's reflective of the likely experience of the potential customer. Unmet expectations can lead to negative word of mouth.

Hope that was of some help.

Cheers, Danny

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
299%
Jan 18, 2022
Asking.

QR Codes, a sentence on a business card that says, "please remember to leave us a review!" etc. The moment people know you care about their opinion, they'll give it to you all day and all night. All you must do is ask. This is especially true if they've had a great experience with you.

You collect reviews for your company. Every positive review you receive is a +1. The platform it is on is ultimately irrelevant. Yes, it is more than possible to display reviews from varying sources on one singular website/landing page.
Up to you. But make it easy to find as social credibility is paramount in this industry. Some companies leave it as a little image slider at the bottom of their website. I hate that.

My "reviews" always received their own page, highlighted with actual client data to go along with them. That's how I did it. You don't have to. Regardless, I recommend providing as much social credibility as possible, and that often times includes showing your numbers.
Up to you. I don't work for free unless I personally know the person (and like them). That said, your first reviews are crucial as they set the foundation moving forward. The positive side of going the free route is it's the quickest way to capture a handful or 2 worth of reviews when you're new.

If you can find and hammer out 5-10 relatively small, free projects in a week, I recommend you do it. Otherwise you'll quickly fall into maintaining work that you aren't getting paid to maintain. Even free clients are entitled clients.
Not at this time.
If you want to, but I don't believe it's necessary at this time.
10/10. If you're trying to sell someone on a 10,000$ project, you don't show them the results from a 2,000$ project unless that 2,000$ project generated 10,000x ROI.
To continue emphasizing it, reviews in this industry are your bread and butter. You don't have to get overly fancy with plug-ins, 100,000 different review sources, etc. but always keep in mind you should be collecting reviews at all times. Displaying your reviews in a subpar manner, having subpar reviews (even if they're 4-5 star reviews), etc. is all still better than having no reviews.

Cheers.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
554%
Apr 17, 2022

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
417%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ

There are best practices in business, and then there are the best practices for your business.

People can give you the general things that tend to work for them, but that doesn't mean that it's going to work for you.

For example most of my clients are small face-to-face service based businesses. The best way to ask for a testimonial is asking them to take out their phone right now and leave a review on Google.

But that wouldn't work for an ecommerce business.

You asked for help with 15ish questions. They're good questions, ranging from beginner to advanced.

But it kinda makes me think you don't want to solve anything for yourself.

So now that you've gotten a few responses, I would suggest putting stuff into practice, try new things, and then come back here and report your results.

Find out what works best for YOU in YOUR business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.