The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I need a pat on the back.

Anything related to matters of the mind
G

Guest126696

I feel like this could be an appropriate place to talk about this ..correct me if I'm wrong. I just need to find someone who could understand.

I am in a living situation that has recently been stressing me out to the point that I can't be productive (notably including being unable take steps towards building my business).. I was triggered to suicidal ideation - and then had a cool down period - and back to SI. This rollercoaster went on for at least 4 hours possibly longer this past Tuesday.
And I don't think anyone outside of a community like this could really get why I'm so peeved about this particular behavior.
The living situation is a housing program, and the authority that keeps triggering me is the Property Manager - the reason is her lack of emotional boundaries. I tried to explain it at the first opportunity to talk about my grievance, but I think it went over that person's head as well.
If I said "Emotional Boundaries" to you, would you know what I was talking about?
The lack is particularly influential here because I don't feel respected.

I don't feel respected and the stress is ruining my professional progress and my long term plans.

I feel like one way or another, I would have to rip and run and then never be able to start my business because I lose all the stability and resources that I have. Working with less than $200 atm. I used majority of what I had upon entry here to invest in my business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
I recommend you seek counseling ASAP. Before you pursue anything else you should address your own well-being and stability.

Happyheart

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Dec 11, 2020
I wasn't asking for recommendations.
If you tell us you are suicidal, it is to be expected that anybody would recommend seeing a health professional or dialing 911. Please do if you still feel suicidal.

Your problem is not so much your property manager, but your state of mind. You cannot expect the world or the property manager to tiptoe around you. It is not possible to bend the world around ourselves and our problems, they are ours to deal with. You can however seek help and get to a point where you are fairly healthy in terms of your psyche and you can choose a healthy lifestyle that suits your wishes and needs.

MJ DeMarco relocated because the cold climate was not doing him any good. The same certainly goes for a housing situation that brings you stress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

RightyTighty

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
205%
May 31, 2023
Arkansas
I wasn't asking for recommendations.
Fair enough; I’ll be more succinct. Sounds like what you really came here for is validation. I doubt you are going to find it; this site isn’t FB or Reddit. You didn’t give us any specifics, but perhaps what you call “being disrespected” is what most people would call “doing their job”. I don’t know, and honestly, I’m not qualified to weigh in. What I do know is that people here are on your side, BUT….you must do your part. First and foremost, that means taking care of yourself. I encourage you to do so.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.