The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I moved to a wine-growing area - how to bring value to them?

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
i live in a wine-growing area in germany. here you find a lot of winegrowers and everything that goes with it + tourists, especially from the usa and asia.

I have an online shop in a completely different area that has absolutely nothing to do with it - but I think that is a huge opportunity..such a concentration of a niche in a relatively small area.
i have expercience with the whole "online marketing" stack. very broad but not very deep...

According to my research, there are a handful of agencies that specialize in websites and marketing (PPC,Videos,Social) for the wine industry.
This is also the first and only idea I have...

Unfortunately I don't really know my way around this industry.

As I write this text I realize that I should probably just write to 50 winemakers and ask about their problems and create a few free websites. Do something...

Does any of you still have crazy and special idea how to bring value to the wine industry? maybe i should ask gary vee? ;)
do you know german riesling white wine?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
Could start an e-commerce store where you buy wine in bulk from them and sell it online for a profit. Provides value by putting together a massive catalogue where people can chose from the various assorted wines and order them quickly and easily online.

Patrick Jones

growing
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
298%
Dec 9, 2018
Berlin
As I write this text I realize that I should probably just write to 50 winemakers and ask about their problems and create a few free websites. Do something...

Yes, definitely. Everything that can be done "from afar", like buying in bulk and re-selling online, is comparatively easy to do.

Getting in touch with the wineries (and maybe related businesses?) requires a lot of effort. Which makes it harder. Which is good for you, because it creates an entry barrier and slims down your competition.

A lot of these folks will be old-fashioned and know hardly a thing about the internet. Talk to them, call them, show up in person and find out what they need. It'll be hard at first, but once you've made yourself a name, people will start contacting you.

Couple of years ago I worked as a tractor driver in the Barossa Valley (South Australia) during the vintage. The owner of the business scheduled his harvesting machinery (worth over $1m) on a whiteboard in the shed. And fvcked up more than once. Which was as much about the whiteboard as about his drinking problem. But I digress. Point being: They will have problems you can't even imagine yet. Go and talk to them! :)

GrandRub

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 27, 2019
Germany
buying and reselling is something that is alredy done by websites much bigger and more professional than i could reach. thats ok. but the "wine" market in my area is full of small and midsize wineries often with very young winemakers... and i see so many bad websites out there.
but if you want to buy wine you want to taste it and dont buy it cause the website is cool and has good content...

i will reach out to some and get my feet wet in that market.

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
What about a "tour" service? , you setup a whole trip , hotels , dining and visiting all the vi eyards with a tour guide

Sommeliers , history of the region etc

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
Do winemakers use some common heavy equipment?

If yes then maybe you could rent it to them
instead each of them having to buy one for themselves

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
i live in a wine-growing area in germany. here you find a lot of winegrowers and everything that goes with it + tourists, especially from the usa and asia.

I have an online shop in a completely different area that has absolutely nothing to do with it - but I think that is a huge opportunity..such a concentration of a niche in a relatively small area.
i have expercience with the whole "online marketing" stack. very broad but not very deep...

According to my research, there are a handful of agencies that specialize in websites and marketing (PPC,Videos,Social) for the wine industry.
This is also the first and only idea I have...

Unfortunately I don't really know my way around this industry.

Does any of you still have crazy and special idea how to bring value to the wine industry? maybe i should ask gary vee? ;)
do you know german riesling white wine?

Go ahead and message me. I have access to some of the resources you are looking for, and I am an avid fan of wine. If anything, I can pass you along some resources.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.