The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I made an extra months salary on the side ... it took 5 years !

Farkry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 12, 2015
Near London, UK
Yes, you read that right. As you might imagine, this is a bitter sweet event for obvious reasons ...

Firstly, let's just acknowledge that this hasn't been a great return on time or money invested. (Obviously) However, I'm still happy that this represents a milestone based on a couple of simple points ...

1. I discovered this strategy 20 years ago, was impressed but not of the right mindset to execute in my late teens. I rediscovered the strategy a few years ago and decided to follow through.

2. I have in the past failed on projects due to a lack of focus and commitment, when I started this I committed ... no retreat, no surrender. This is why I'm happy with closing a deal, I can put hand on heart and say that I overcame the lack of commitment and focus that killed previous projects. I have spoken to several others operating the same model and I'm always complemented on my persistence.

3. It has been really hard ! I know we all get deep into the hustle and suffer to make things work but I have had a marathon of ups and downs with this so I can step back and really say that the commitment has seen me through and helped me grow ... there is a clear benefit to this aside from just the money.

4. I have actually discovered some gaps in the industry I operate that could be effectively systemised and productised, the standard advice of 'repeat what works' does stand true here but after my journey so far I am obsessed with creating a new platform to support this industry.

That's it for now, I'll do another thread with the details of my journey when I get time. Thanks for reading

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Yes, you read that right. As you might imagine, this is a bitter sweet event for obvious reasons ...

Firstly, let's just acknowledge that this hasn't been a great return on time or money invested. (Obviously) However, I'm still happy that this represents a milestone based on a couple of simple points ...

1. I discovered this strategy 20 years ago, was impressed but not of the right mindset to execute in my late teens. I rediscovered the strategy a few years ago and decided to follow through.

2. I have in the past failed on projects due to a lack of focus and commitment, when I started this I committed ... no retreat, no surrender. This is why I'm happy with closing a deal, I can put hand on heart and say that I overcame the lack of commitment and focus that killed previous projects. I have spoken to several others operating the same model and I'm always complemented on my persistence.

3. It has been really hard ! I know we all get deep into the hustle and suffer to make things work but I have had a marathon of ups and downs with this so I can step back and really say that the commitment has seen me through and helped me grow ... there is a clear benefit to this aside from just the money.

4. I have actually discovered some gaps in the industry I operate that could be effectively systemised and productised, the standard advice of 'repeat what works' does stand true here but after my journey so far I am obsessed with creating a new platform to support this industry.

That's it for now, I'll do another thread with the details of my journey when I get time. Thanks for reading
Congrats.

Keep chipping away.

As a wise man once said: “You’ve got to stay in the game to win it”.

Farkry

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Nov 12, 2015
Near London, UK
... I got paid £20k last week for finding a site to build 5 houses, It's nearly 3 years since I first contacted the land owner and this is my second commission payment. This takes a long time to get paid but I'm committed, I'm planning to use this cash to develop systems and automation to scale my pipeline. There are also opportunities to target larger sites and offer new services. Will let you know how I get on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.