The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I made a short cartoon, thoughts?

Supercar

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 14, 2012
Michigan, Arizona
At first I thought that was the Fastlane going through Arizona, so I expected to see MJ flying in a Lamborghini.

But I laughed anyway!

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Took me back to my Atari days.

I guess no one ever said a cartoon has to be funny.....

My nephew's brother in law works for Pixar and I'm used to seeing his stuff. I guess I was expecting too much. :)

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
At first I thought that was the Fastlane going through Arizona, so I expected to see MJ flying in a Lamborghini.

But I laughed anyway!

yes! i made someone laugh, tiny value achieved maybe lol

Took me back to my Atari days.

I guess no one ever said a cartoon has to be funny.....

My nephew's brother in law works for Pixar and I'm used to seeing his stuff. I guess I was expecting too much. :)

Pixar!? that's just not fair man. lol
yea this cartoon was just proof of concept, the "plot" was almost all on the spot thinking lol

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
To be honest, when I opened it, I was not even thinking about his stuff that he makes on the side but once I saw the Atari like cartoon, for some reason I thought about his stuff. It's all about experience. The more you do it, the better you will get. I think I mis-spoke in my original post. I wasn't expecting Pixar quality, I just wasn't expecting 1980 Atari quality. And then I actually thought it was going to be a funny cartoon so I guess both of those together......

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
To be honest, when I opened it, I was not even thinking about his stuff that he makes on the side but once I saw the Atari like cartoon, for some reason I thought about his stuff. It's all about experience. The more you do it, the better you will get.

im trying to stick to South Park level at best lol but with my own style.

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
Yeah, I guess if you would have used the anal probe it might have been funnier! :)

LOL true true.
My next one will use a script, it'll be great, the world will love it, and i will swim in riches and fame! and give out copies of unscripted to the masses!

jon2089

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
Feb 11, 2017
US
i'd say it has early 90s PC CD-ROM graphics, Atari had like 4 pixels lol. I laughed

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
So they are in town this weekend for Christmas and to see his sister who just had a baby. We were at the hospital talking and I told him about your cartoon, this stuff is all they ever talk about because his wife is Jenny Garth look-alike Abbie Cobb. So anyway, he said you might enjoy a website called Sketchup. I also just saw this in a group I'm in and a guy was saying how good it is. You might check it out.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
It was way too long. You need to cut the scenes down to 2-3 seconds. The cop walk was way too slow.

Ravens_Shadow

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
643%
Oct 2, 2012
Austin, TX
:(

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
It was way too long. You need to cut the scenes down to 2-3 seconds. The cop walk was way too slow.

lmao i went for a slow cinematic feel.
The cop walk supposed to be for dramatic effect!
several people stated that they liked the dramatic feel of the cop walk lol can't please everyone i guess.

?

luniac

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
158%
Dec 7, 2012
brooklyn
So they are in town this weekend for Christmas and to see his sister who just had a baby. We were at the hospital talking and I told him about your cartoon, this stuff is all they ever talk about because his wife is Jenny Garth look-alike Abbie Cobb. So anyway, he said you might enjoy a website called Sketchup. I also just saw this in a group I'm in and a guy was saying how good it is. You might check it out.

i played around with sketchup back in high school its a cool program. For may cartoon though i have developed my own method for creating the art.
thanks.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.