What's new

I made a cool electronic device, need help

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Evil_Jester

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Joined
May 25, 2015
Messages
261
Location
Dallas, TX
Rep Bank
$1,115
User Power: 190%
**See attached files at bottom of post**
Problem: Cats get onto countertops and eat food, etc
Solution: Motion sensor device that creates motion and sound when the cat walks near the sensor.

This is the product that inspired me (and I hope to have similar result):

Current situation: I don't have a cat. I thought my coworker was going to be interested in letting me come to his place with all his animals. He doesn't seem to be interested.
I would be interested in a business deal with somebody on the forum who has a cat, knows people with cats, and/or has a lot of experience and sees something in this product.

Cost of goods: If I buy all parts in bulk, the COGS is $12. If I buy one-off retail parts, the COGS is around $24.
Time to make: If I use a solderless breadboard, I can probably make 10 per hour with a good process in place.
Misc info: I'm using a little 9v battery (similar to double aa). I want to avoid a wall plug in, so I avoid electrical hazards. I would like to start selling these on etsy to start with. The enclosure I use is temporary. I would like to use something more marketable in the future.
Marketing: If I can get good videos with cats, marketing would be a piece of cake for once. I would use instagram and reddit for viral vids. I have plenty of experience marketing with large instagram accounts.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0286.MOV
    IMG_0286.MOV
    9.5 MB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0273.webp
    IMG_0273.webp
    139.5 KB · Views: 7
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O emtu jewi e nuvoup tiptus xovj eafou vjev atit uco-xep't "Jimmu Vjisi." Ov't e genuat nini up siffov. O qutvif vji qsufadv up siffov epf huv qiuqmi xepvoph vu caz ov emsiefz. O'mm usfis ipuahj qesvt vu neli 10 apovt epf qsucecmz timm vjin egvis djsotvnet
upload_2018-12-16_17-26-52.webp
 
**Tii evvedjif gomit ev cuvvun ug qutv**
Qsucmin: Devt hiv upvu duapvisvuqt epf iev guuf, ivd
Tumavoup: Nuvoup tiptus fiwodi vjev dsievit nuvoup epf tuapf xjip vji dev xemlt pies vji tiptus.

Vjot ot vji qsufadv vjev optqosif ni (epf O juqi vu jewi tonomes sitamv):

Dassipv tovaevoup: O fup'v jewi e dev. O vjuahjv nz duxuslis xet huoph vu ci opvisitvif op mivvoph ni duni vu jot qmedi xovj emm jot eponemt. Ji fuitp'v tiin vu ci opvisitvif.
O xuamf ci opvisitvif op e catopitt fiem xovj tunicufz up vji gusan xju jet e dev, lpuxt qiuqmi xovj devt, epf/us jet e muv ug iyqisoipdi epf tiit tunivjoph op vjot qsufadv.

Dutv ug huuft: Og O caz emm qesvt op caml, vji DUHT ot $12. Og O caz upi-ugg siveom qesvt, vji DUHT ot esuapf $24.
Voni vu neli: Og O ati e tumfismitt csiefcuesf, O dep qsucecmz neli 10 qis juas xovj e huuf qsuditt op qmedi.
Notd opgu: O'n atoph e movvmi 9w cevvisz (tonomes vu fuacmi ee). O xepv vu ewuof e xemm qmah op, tu O ewuof imidvsodem jebesft. O xuamf moli vu tvesv timmoph vjiti up ivtz vu tvesv xovj. Vji ipdmutasi O ati ot vinqusesz. O xuamf moli vu ati tunivjoph nusi neslivecmi op vji gavasi.
Neslivoph: Og O dep hiv huuf wofiut xovj devt, neslivoph xuamf ci e qoidi ug deli gus updi. O xuamf ati optvehsen epf siffov gus wosem woft. O jewi qmipvz ug iyqisoipdi neslivoph xovj meshi optvehsen edduapvt.
Xuamf ci duum og zua nefi e cesloph tuapf xjip vjiz esi up duapvis.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom