The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I learned to code and made four puzzle games - need help with growth

Marketing, social media, advertising

glitched

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 3, 2024
Hi all! It's been a few months since I posted on this forum, but I've been really busy since. I was thinking about making a progress post but my progress was good and I didn't think I needed the motivation.

So I taught myself to code and made a gaming platform with four puzzle games so far. We launched about two months ago and have several hundred sign-ups with lots of positive feedback. But still it's been really hard to grow. I've been running ads on socials but it's slow and expensive.

Any thoughts or anyone have any experience with game marketing? I'm thinking of doing some Google search ads but not sure how much these types of games works for search. I want to reach out to influencers but those are hardish to find as well.

Would love to know your thoughts!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Hi all! It's been a few months since I posted on this forum, but I've been really busy since. I was thinking about making a progress post but my progress was good and I didn't think I needed the motivation.

So I taught myself to code and made a gaming platform with four puzzle games so far. We launched about two months ago and have several hundred sign-ups with lots of positive feedback. But still it's been really hard to grow. I've been running ads on socials but it's slow and expensive.

Any thoughts or anyone have any experience with game marketing? I'm thinking of doing some Google search ads but not sure how much these types of games works for search. I want to reach out to influencers but those are hardish to find as well.

Would love to know your thoughts!
Maybe send out some emails and ask your audience what kind of games they would like to see on the platform?

Wolf_

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Sep 18, 2023
Mexico
Are the games you made published in the Play Store or Apple Store?

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 22, 2024
So the gaming market (especially mobile one) is a wild red ocean - there is competition everywhere, because of the really nice valuation and growth predictions.

I'd recommend setting/reviewing your target audience - whether you are targeting young ppl or womans in theirs 40', the acquisition channel would be different. Also wouldn't expect young people, with attention span at 20 seconds level to play a puzzle game, unless there is a TikTok playing in the background :D

What else I'd recommend is this guy: PirateSoftware . Check his yt channel & twitch. He's a indie game dev with very solid background. He often talks about game marketing and all the stuff.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

fiola

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jul 17, 2017
Cluj Napoca
Congrats on having so many people signing up on your website!
How do you monetize the games?

glitched

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 3, 2024
The plan is to run ads to monetize. I'm planning on launching on App and Play stores soon. Will definitely check out piratesoftware!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.