The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I just bought a ticket to the Fastlane Summit, here's why

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
I have never spent money on a professional development conference before, mostly because I couldn't convince myself that there was enough value in it. Here is why I believe the Fastlane Summit is different:

• You. Every time I log in to this forum, I learn something new. There are people on here who are legit successful, smart, disciplined, and willing to do the things that others won't.

• If I end up having one conversation with someone who sparks the seed that gets me over a hurdle of my business, it's more than worth it.

• I had a conversation with my Uber driver today who tried to sell me Amway. I sold him The Millionaire Fastlane . I'll explain that in another post. Basically I walked out of his ride feeling like a million dollars because I realized how far I've come, and I'm living a dream of my own design. I realized that if I am doing the same thing in 20 years I still win, because I've designed my life and it's great. I'm already rich. PLUS I get to help out someone who needs some help. I hope he reads it and takes the red pill. I really do.

• I spent $450 on an online workshop with Seth Godin earlier this year. I KNOW that this summit will give me more value. Not to take away from Seth because I love him, but this forum alone has provided more value to me than his workshop. AND THIS FORUM IS FREAKING FREE. Think about that. Some people on here might not realize that, but @MJ DeMarco provides tremendous value with this thing he built. That will probably be a subject for another post because I can expand on this.

• I've been thinking lately about Chamath Palihapitiya's idea that you don't have to be a genius or highly original, you just have to surround yourself with quality people and do what they do. So that's why I bought the ticket, to be around quality people. I can't wait to meet you all in person.

• Also - thank you MJ for opening up some more tickets.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
come in looking to help others.

if you see us working on someone to buy some stupid sock inventory so they can sell socks, come in and help. help open people's minds.

the coolest part about being around like minded people is the openness to ideas and everyone trying to find the angle to make it work. never 'why can't i' .... always 'how can i' ......

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
Thank you for the tip, that's great to hear.
That's one of the main things I learned from sales. The most successful people in the company had only one mindset: helping someone. It's so simple, but it's profound.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah

BellaPippin

B is for Beast
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
275%
Jul 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
Yeahhh! It's also been an investment for me but I'm looking forward to it.

Now you can give me the mug in person :D

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
You are who you hang out with.

I remember Jim Rohn saying that you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. That stuck with me.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
I remember Jim Rohn saying that you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. That stuck with me.

That quote has been with me and guided me my entire life.. every time I move I try to make friends who are better than me, at being parents, at loving God, at learning.. at something! But then somebody shared a slant on the quote.

“Average the income of your five closest friends and you’ll find your own”

I’ve never made friends based on their income or success in business.. I never sought out any other entrepreneurs until this last year. The wealthy grow up discussing how to manage money; the poor grow up separating those who have money and those who don’t. Last night I was feeling sorry for myself and just wanted to go out and get drunk and be stupid (I go out and drink like drink twice a year, lol) and realized I didn’t have ONE close friend who would encourage my little self-pity slacker vibe. Like, wtf?

ALL of my friends irl and online are “you’re amazing! Don’t stop pushing! Suck it up and get back to work! You’ve got this!”

And that’s when it hit me. I may never be able to go back to my grunge 1990’s videogame playing Mt. Dew drinking self again. I don’t have ANYTHING in common with 19 year old me. I really wonder if the me I know now could be a friend to the me I will be in ten years... and I don’t know.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
You can totally go back, but you wouldn't stay there, because you're further down the path now. But I wouldn't be afraid to indulge that once in awhile.

That's where I'm at with my son. He's 16 and sometimes I go into his room and play video games when I'm done with my day and he's making music or watching YouTube. It's like I'm hanging with my old self. But it's better because he's better than I was.

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
You can totally go back, but you wouldn't stay there, because you're further down the path now. But I wouldn't be afraid to indulge that once in awhile.

That's where I'm at with my son. He's 16 and sometimes I go into his room and play video games when I'm done with my day and he's making music or watching YouTube. It's like I'm hanging with my old self. But it's better because he's better than I was.

That’s a good thing - when you look at this little human and know they’re better than you were- you did good. I think this is why I try to say hi and be nice to all the teenagers we get jumping on the forum.. I kinda wish I had been half as mature as some of them are.

PapaGang

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Jul 10, 2019
Milwaukee, WI
That’s a good thing - when you look at this little human and know they’re better than you were- you did good. I think this is why I try to say hi and be nice to all the teenagers we get jumping on the forum.. I kinda wish I had been half as mature as some of them are.
BTW I bet the 19YO you would totally hang with future you. You are already cool with the teens! Also maybe a quest for you: find someone who will indulge the self-pity slacker. Maybe a teen :rofl:

Primeperiwinkle

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
320%
Nov 30, 2018
BTW I bet the 19YO you would totally hang with future you. You are already cool with the teens! Also maybe a quest for you: find someone who will indulge the self-pity slacker. Maybe a teen :rofl:

Omg dude..my idea of slacking now is ordering a cranberry vodka w/ maraschino cherries (to confuse the poor bartender) and sitting outside ppl watching for an hour while eating a burger called “Lady Macbeth” before heading home to be in bed by 11pm. My 19 yo self would be.. gobsmacked. Huh.

Thanks for the convo man.. I’m sitting here waiting on my burger, LOL, listening to a party of really drunk chicks, and I’m thinking to myself damn it’s been .. TWENTY YEARS since I was 19. Time goes by quick. Life is good though... life is good.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.