The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

I really, really regret not being able to make the Fastlane Summit 2020 :( (VENT!)

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

fastlanedoll

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Aug 21, 2019
I'm studying a diploma right now that lasts for a year.
You know, it's the titles that doctors get to quote after their name.

I know you're all rolling your eyes big time right now, but when it first started, I hadn't even heard of MJ's books yet.
I was scripted to the slowlane and believed that more qualifications will not only help my knowledge but securing a higher salary.

Now I just feel dum.
Doctors are one of the lowest paid professions (compared to the amount of work & sacrifice- long hours, an extremely taxing program), unsociable working times, the fact that you have to keep studying after graduation if you want to advance. Oh, and don't forget all the politics and bullying that medicine is infamous for.
Slowlane to a hilt.

Now I pretty much have to devote all my free time to studying for the exam which is coming up in April, which explains why I can't make the summit (the fact that I live halfway across the globe, doesn't help).

The list of speakers & their topics look really appealing.
I'd be more than willing to pay the full price of the summit and then some to view the material, but you're all so against it :(

Anyway, I've been up since 6 a.m. this morning (damn alarm clock- totally get it when MJ asked how do you feel about going to work on Monday), sitting in my consultation room (which is freezing cold), reading a bunch of lecture notes whilst waiting for the next patient.

Anyway, I just wanted to vent :(
I don't dislike medicine, not by a long shot. But I'd love to be able to work my own hours. Be my own boss.
Now I just gotta work as hard as I can, pass the exam in April, then I swear I will never take another one again. I'd be officially free to start my entrepreneur journey :)

Wondering if anyone's in a similar position?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

OP
OP
F

fastlanedoll

Contributor
Aug 21, 2019
I'm definitely attending the summit next year :D it's just that this year's topics seem too good to pass up :(

I'm planning to get into aesthetic medicine as well. Learn a new skill.
It's a more lucrative field than traditional medicine.

But everything's kinda saturated where I am. I'm not sure how to edge out the competition in this respect. Unless I bring in something new or do something better as MJ says.

Let's see if I can simply be more skillful than my competition ;)

BizyDad

Know Thyself
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 7, 2019
I'm definitely attending the summit next year :D it's just that this year's topics seem too good to pass up :(

I'm planning to get into aesthetic medicine as well. Learn a new skill.
It's a more lucrative field than traditional medicine.

But everything's kinda saturated where I am. I'm not sure how to edge out the competition in this respect. Unless I bring in something new or do something better as MJ says.

Let's see if I can simply be more skillful than my competition ;)
One way to differentiate yourself is to simply connect better with your clients. Be super friendly. Ask about them. Be interested in who they are. Provide exceptional customer service. Make them feel beautiful.

I have a client in this field and that is how she began. Also in a saturated market. Her clients sent her so much business, today she has a clinic of 3 people and only just started advertising a couple months ago to grow a little faster.

OP
OP
F

fastlanedoll

Contributor
Aug 21, 2019
One way to differentiate yourself is to simply connect better with your clients. Be super friendly. Ask about them. Be interested in who they are. Provide exceptional customer service. Make them feel beautiful.

I have a client in this field and that is how she began. Also in a saturated market. Her clients sent her so much business, today she has a clinic of 3 people and only just started advertising a couple months ago to grow a little faster.
Good for her!!

Yes, the way to enter a saturated market is to absolutely excel in at least ONE aspect.
Honestly, in my locality, it just may be a bit -too- competitive to make it BIG.
MJ says to aim for billions- hard to do with this particular industry methinks. If I do it, it will mostly be out of interest.
I think my first venture will actually be an online product one. I already have something in mind. Just need to get this exam out of the way to get started!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
New Course! Upwork Client Psychology I #UdemyApproved! Upwork Client Psychology I is designed...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Welcome to 2020, I wanted to add in a quick note about gratitude for the new year...

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

The 2020 Fastlane Summit

This event SOLD OUT in October. For authorized resale tickets, please check ticket resales or contact the forum directly.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom