• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.

GOLD I have a problem with MJ DeMarco (Follow your passion gets a beatdown)

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by kelvinfernandezm, Apr 26, 2017.

1. Carol Jones

Carol Jones Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,646
    Good morning @masterneme from Oz,

I'm new to this thread. Having read all the posts, I have to agree with yours.

I've been running my own businesses since 1983, and have avoided turning my hobbies into money-making ventures.

Because. The one and only time I did that, I wound up hating the hobby. And the business. Just like you said.

But. We're all different. And some people do make successful businesses out of what they love. Jamie Oliver.

Others make successful businesses out of what they see is a need in the marketplace.

Helene Godin. Seth Godin's wife. A lawyer for 22 years. Spent the week in Manhattan. And weekends - maybe - with her family outside of New York. She threw in the towel when she realised her sons put a photo of her on the mantle of their fireplace so they could remember what she looked like.

She's not a cook. But twiddling her thumbs, wondering what to do next, she discovered that people with food allergies had no place to buy baked goods in her hometown of Hastings-On-Hudson, New York.

She opened By The Way Bakery, a gluten-free, dairy-free bake shop.

Is she passionate about baking?

Not at all. She paid for the best bakers. The best recipes.

But she is passionate about her bakery being the best bakery you've ever set foot inside of.

A business without passion won't ever be the best.

But you don't need to be passionate about the idea. Or concept.

You just need to know that it will work. That what you're doing is adding value to the lives of other people.

Once that's in place, your inner drive will ensure that you become passionate about making it the best business. Ever.

And you stop at nothing to satisfy your customers/clients.

That's what is called the passionate mindset. ~Carol❤

2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $252,668
    Admin Post
    Boom! Reps+

Carol Jones likes this.
  3. Carol Jones

Carol Jones Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,646
    Good morning @MJ DeMarco from Oz,

Thank you! Appreciated. ~Carol❤

4. WJK

WJK Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,926
    Amazing. The trees have gotten in the way of you seeing the forest. Go ahead. Follow your passion. Play your music. Maybe you will combine your passion with making money -- or you won't. Either way, no one I know is interested in feeding you, housing you or keeping you warm while you follow your passion. Or, you could try re-reading the book to gain another understanding. Good luck!

MJ DeMarco likes this.
  5. kelvinfernandezm

kelvinfernandezm Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $310
    I've since changed my mindset. Thank you for your reply.

6. WJK

WJK Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,926
    Like I said, best of luck to you. I love my flute, but I make my living in real estate.

Carol Jones likes this.
  7. Supercar

Supercar Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $699
    Following your passion and doing what you love is perfectly okay, if you are really good at doing what you love, and if it is monetarily appreciated by your customers.

Don't just play a guitar,
    Be a f#cking ROCKSTAR!

Now, that's a Fastlane.

Carol Jones likes this.
  8. fortu1992

fortu1992 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $180
    first of follow your passion , in my opinion is better create a very fast lane business that includes every CENTS and then when you can Retire or semi Retired YOUNG
    and FREE,
    you can dedicate yourself to your passions. In my exprerience for example once time I LOVED FOOTBALL I'm Working in my betting shop and everyday listen people complain about the bet that they lose,talk about soccer,football player,for them It seems that in the world exist only the football.
    my work has led me to definitely hate football, as I happen to see it on TV immediately change channel, for this I think first you have to make money and then do the rest.

9. kelvinfernandezm

Rep Bank:
    $310
    So now you don't even play football?

10. fortu1992

fortu1992 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $180
    Sometimes I play football with my friends, but don't watch more on tv

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

kelvinfernandezm likes this.
  11. kelvinfernandezm

Rep Bank:
    $310
    I've already changed my mind now I live in a mansion. Thank you.

12. Christian McGhee

Christian McGhee New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $27
    You can have your cake and eat it too, you may need to look at non traditional ways tho. Look at the music world, are there problems out there that you can solve? The thing about passions is that if youre passionate about it, theres a good chance that others are passionate too.

Can you develop a new type of guitar? Can you build a game that teaches people how to play (think guitar hero). VR is growing, can you find a way to implement that in your strategy?

You just need to be creative. So you want to play guitar? Why not make a new guitar, or create a platform that helps new players learn quicker, why not develop a synthesizer? I mean there's a million ways to get what you want, I just think that you'll have to be creative.