The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I had an idea, I took the plunge, now I need your opinion.

Idea threads

Cyprien

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 5, 2023
Hello,
First of all I wanted to introduce my self : at the time i wrote this i'm a 17yo teenager, i wan't to underline that i'm french so you might found some faults in my text.

The aim of my site is to help all athletes create their own workouts.
To do this, the site asks users to take a test to find out what they want to work on, what their goals are, whether they have access to equipment, etc.....
Based on the user's answers, the site will then suggest personalized workouts for the week. Of course, it will be possible to create several different training programs, and have access to all the exos in the "database" for those simply looking for new exercises.
This site will therefore be able to help beginners as well as the more experienced, who will be able to find new exercises here. Finally, I'd like it to be able to replace a coach, even if the human relationship itself is irreplaceable.

Here's what you need to know about corecep. This site is a personal challenge to push myself to learn to code (if you also have tips on learning to code, or youtube channels or whatever I'll take!), even if there are plenty of ways to monetize it.

Thanks a lot for reading this far, and thanks again to those who will give me their opinion or advice, have a nice day!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Tau Ceti

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
330%
Sep 15, 2014
Stockholm, Sweden
Hi there,

First congrats on taking the plunge. That's great and I hope you succeed.

Second, I don't think that you ll get the feedback you are looking for here. The people you need to ask feedback from are your customers or potential customers. Only they can tell you if your idea/app is worth something.

Now, from an outsider perspective, there are already tons of apps that create personal workouts based on your strengths and weaknesses.

How's yours any different? What are you planning to do that the other apps are not doing? Do you have any experience designing workouts? If not, then whey should I use your app instead of another one? And most importantly who is going to design the workouts if you don't know how to do it yourself?

Now here comes the part that will be difficult to hear but you need to hear it nonetheless:
- coding an app is not the problem. Anyone with half a brain and perseverance can do so. This is not an edge.
- an idea is worthless. If your idea is not generating revenue, you don't have a business, you have a hobby. If you want a hobby, that is fine but if you want to make money then you need customers.
- don't try to guess what people want. Ask them!
- don't code your app now. First validate your idea by finding customers. Go out in the real world. Find ten people who want to start working out and make them a training plan. Ask them for 10 euros and a testimonial once they complete the training. Then get some feedback and improve. Once you have that, then you can start building the app. Maybe.

Make sure your understand the implications of a B2C product versus a B2B product. those are not the same and there is a reason most companies only have other companies as customers.

Finally, my last recommendation is to take everything your read here with a grain of salt.

There are some really wealthy people giving some really good advice on this site and then there are other people who love to give advice but haven't accomplished anything themselves. Make sure to not trust blindly everything your read here.

Don't forget to start your progress thread!

Cyprien

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 5, 2023
Hi there,

First congrats on taking the plunge. That's great and I hope you succeed.

Second, I don't think that you ll get the feedback you are looking for here. The people you need to ask feedback from are your customers or potential customers. Only they can tell you if your idea/app is worth something.

Now, from an outsider perspective, there are already tons of apps that create personal workouts based on your strengths and weaknesses.

How's yours any different? What are you planning to do that the other apps are not doing? Do you have any experience designing workouts? If not, then whey should I use your app instead of another one? And most importantly who is going to design the workouts if you don't know how to do it yourself?

Now here comes the part that will be difficult to hear but you need to hear it nonetheless:
- coding an app is not the problem. Anyone with half a brain and perseverance can do so. This is not an edge.
- an idea is worthless. If your idea is not generating revenue, you don't have a business, you have a hobby. If you want a hobby, that is fine but if you want to make money then you need customers.
- don't try to guess what people want. Ask them!
- don't code your app now. First validate your idea by finding customers. Go out in the real world. Find ten people who want to start working out and make them a training plan. Ask them for 10 euros and a testimonial once they complete the training. Then get some feedback and improve. Once you have that, then you can start building the app. Maybe.

Make sure your understand the implications of a B2C product versus a B2B product. those are not the same and there is a reason most companies only have other companies as customers.

Finally, my last recommendation is to take everything your read here with a grain of salt.

There are some really wealthy people giving some really good advice on this site and then there are other people who love to give advice but haven't accomplished anything themselves. Make sure to not trust blindly everything your read here.

Don't forget to start your progress thread!
Really appreciate your reply!
To complete my first post i wanted to add that the difference i imagine between my website and the others, is the precision and responsivity : by testing some other site i saw that they are not this accurate on the execution and the muscle fiber which is aimed on the exercice, and you can't really personnalize your workout by choosing yourself exercices. I also have to create my workout exercice's database up, i not yet start ..

I really enjoyed your return on the customers validation's, i'm gonna search people that are already training and other who are starting, to know if i can help them. Thus i will have a first return on my creation processus.
Kind regard :smile2:

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
Hello,
First of all I wanted to introduce my self : at the time i wrote this i'm a 17yo teenager, i wan't to underline that i'm french so you might found some faults in my text.

The aim of my site is to help all athletes create their own workouts.
To do this, the site asks users to take a test to find out what they want to work on, what their goals are, whether they have access to equipment, etc.....
Based on the user's answers, the site will then suggest personalized workouts for the week. Of course, it will be possible to create several different training programs, and have access to all the exos in the "database" for those simply looking for new exercises.
This site will therefore be able to help beginners as well as the more experienced, who will be able to find new exercises here. Finally, I'd like it to be able to replace a coach, even if the human relationship itself is irreplaceable.

Here's what you need to know about corecep. This site is a personal challenge to push myself to learn to code (if you also have tips on learning to code, or youtube channels or whatever I'll take!), even if there are plenty of ways to monetize it.

Thanks a lot for reading this far, and thanks again to those who will give me their opinion or advice, have a nice day!
You can try asking the same questions to chatgpt.

Your end product has to be better than the existing alternative, if your site is purely information output based on client’s information input.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MRiabov

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
May 30, 2023
hey man, pause, PAUSE and read a book that's called The Right It. You'll not regret it with bringing a product to the market. Any product for that matter.

I know because I've wasted hundreds on marketing to the ground with virtually 0 return. So be cautious.

Cyprien

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Mar 5, 2023
I made a huge mistake ..

I thought I was bringing something really new and more qualitative to this market, but I made a beginner's mistake: I forgot to look at what this market was offering ... And unfortunately for me, my "new" ideas had already been integrated into other apps with several million users.
The only things I could bring would not be for the consumer but for the business (new monetization way, or new ideas, but I don't know how to sell an idea to a company), so it's a change of target but there's always something to hope for.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.