The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

INTRO I go from sluglane to fastlane

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

bornoim

Contributor
Sep 5, 2019
Hey there,

I've found this forum through google. I was looking for a self improvement community where I can write regular updates on my work progress to hold myself accountable. After looking through the options, this forum seemed best suited because of it's big and active community. I only later noticed that there's some great content too.

Ironically, I always had ambition and a mindset heavily focused on self improvement. I think I'm on the right track. The recent months I made new experience how to work and learn more effectively, I finally managed to overcome my gaming addiction (mostly through the help of family members), I left behind timesinks and places where I used to hang out and replaced them with sources and places to inspire and motivate me (I hope this forum will be one of these places). I started to get more into meditation and minding what I think about and focus on. I developed a new mindset inspired by stoicism, where I stop focusing on desires that I'm unlikely to fulfill and instead cultivate desires and mentality from which I can gain the most in my current life situation.

I haven't achieved anything of significance yet though. My next goal is to get experience through a job or internship as a software engineer, which would be my first non-shitty job and I also require it to finish my degree. As long as I don't get any job in programming, I will just work on my thesis, my project portfolio and improve my skills.
Like I said, I've found this forum through google, I've never heard of the books this forum is based on, and entrepeurship isn't an immeditate goal of mine at the moment, but I will definately look into it. The thought of working a 9-5 job for the rest of my life has never appealed to me and I'm very interested in building passive income streams, doing some freelance work and perhaps at a later stage in life, starting a business.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Last edited:

MπR

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Sep 30, 2019
Germany
I just can recomend this book. Even if entrepreneurship is not your focus in the moment this book can/will change you view on a lot of things. Happened to me too ;)

The thought of working a 9-5 job for the rest of my life has never appealed to me and I'm very interested in building passive income streams
Multiple income streams is part of the fastlane. And with a programming background you have the tools to bring your ideas to life.

OP
OP
B

bornoim

Contributor
Sep 5, 2019
I just can recomend this book. Even if entrepreneurship is not your focus in the moment this book can/will change you view on a lot of things. Happened to me too ;)

Multiple income streams is part of the fastlane. And with a programming background you have the tools to bring your ideas to life.
Thanks! I will look into it at some point. At the moment I have little time on my hands, and a book is usually a big time investment. I also think many books tend to be quite longwinded whithout saying much. However, since this book is basically treated as the bible in these parts, I guess it's worth taking a look at it
Yeah, I hope I can earn some money passively. I'm working on it and the first euro I make that way will be celebrated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
Hi Kyle, I sent you an email a couple of days ago. Just letting you know, in case it went to...
MARKETPLACE Fox's Web Design Guide: Earn $100K this year (Yes, 2020!) and Go Fastlane
I'm thinking about joining the program. How is it like joining from Asia (Japan specifically)...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
Well, we made it halfway through the year. Don't know what the rest'll bring, but it's gonna be...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Not really a teaser but it does employ a fictional story, so that is similiar. This upcoming...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Dropping a quick note in here to say... if you are on TFL, you are part of an elite group of...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom