- Joined
- Sep 5, 2019
- Messages
- 75
Rep Bank
$315
$315
User Power: 95%
Hey there,
I've found this forum through google. I was looking for a self improvement community where I can write regular updates on my work progress to hold myself accountable. After looking through the options, this forum seemed best suited because of it's big and active community. I only later noticed that there's some great content too.
Ironically, I always had ambition and a mindset heavily focused on self improvement. I think I'm on the right track. The recent months I made new experience how to work and learn more effectively, I finally managed to overcome my gaming addiction (mostly through the help of family members), I left behind timesinks and places where I used to hang out and replaced them with sources and places to inspire and motivate me (I hope this forum will be one of these places). I started to get more into meditation and minding what I think about and focus on. I developed a new mindset inspired by stoicism, where I stop focusing on desires that I'm unlikely to fulfill and instead cultivate desires and mentality from which I can gain the most in my current life situation.
I haven't achieved anything of significance yet though. My next goal is to get experience through a job or internship as a software engineer, which would be my first non-shitty job and I also require it to finish my degree. As long as I don't get any job in programming, I will just work on my thesis, my project portfolio and improve my skills.
Like I said, I've found this forum through google, I've never heard of the books this forum is based on, and entrepeurship isn't an immeditate goal of mine at the moment, but I will definately look into it. The thought of working a 9-5 job for the rest of my life has never appealed to me and I'm very interested in building passive income streams, doing some freelance work and perhaps at a later stage in life, starting a business.
I've found this forum through google. I was looking for a self improvement community where I can write regular updates on my work progress to hold myself accountable. After looking through the options, this forum seemed best suited because of it's big and active community. I only later noticed that there's some great content too.
Ironically, I always had ambition and a mindset heavily focused on self improvement. I think I'm on the right track. The recent months I made new experience how to work and learn more effectively, I finally managed to overcome my gaming addiction (mostly through the help of family members), I left behind timesinks and places where I used to hang out and replaced them with sources and places to inspire and motivate me (I hope this forum will be one of these places). I started to get more into meditation and minding what I think about and focus on. I developed a new mindset inspired by stoicism, where I stop focusing on desires that I'm unlikely to fulfill and instead cultivate desires and mentality from which I can gain the most in my current life situation.
I haven't achieved anything of significance yet though. My next goal is to get experience through a job or internship as a software engineer, which would be my first non-shitty job and I also require it to finish my degree. As long as I don't get any job in programming, I will just work on my thesis, my project portfolio and improve my skills.
Like I said, I've found this forum through google, I've never heard of the books this forum is based on, and entrepeurship isn't an immeditate goal of mine at the moment, but I will definately look into it. The thought of working a 9-5 job for the rest of my life has never appealed to me and I'm very interested in building passive income streams, doing some freelance work and perhaps at a later stage in life, starting a business.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Last edited:
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
