The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I go from sluglane to fastlane

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
Hey there,

I've found this forum through google. I was looking for a self improvement community where I can write regular updates on my work progress to hold myself accountable. After looking through the options, this forum seemed best suited because of it's big and active community. I only later noticed that there's some great content too.

Ironically, I always had ambition and a mindset heavily focused on self improvement. I think I'm on the right track. The recent months I made new experience how to work and learn more effectively, I finally managed to overcome my gaming addiction (mostly through the help of family members), I left behind timesinks and places where I used to hang out and replaced them with sources and places to inspire and motivate me (I hope this forum will be one of these places). I started to get more into meditation and minding what I think about and focus on. I developed a new mindset inspired by stoicism, where I stop focusing on desires that I'm unlikely to fulfill and instead cultivate desires and mentality from which I can gain the most in my current life situation.

I haven't achieved anything of significance yet though. My next goal is to get experience through a job or internship as a software engineer, which would be my first non-shitty job and I also require it to finish my degree. As long as I don't get any job in programming, I will just work on my thesis, my project portfolio and improve my skills.
Like I said, I've found this forum through google, I've never heard of the books this forum is based on, and entrepeurship isn't an immeditate goal of mine at the moment, but I will definately look into it. The thought of working a 9-5 job for the rest of my life has never appealed to me and I'm very interested in building passive income streams, doing some freelance work and perhaps at a later stage in life, starting a business.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MπR

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
134%
Sep 30, 2019
Germany
I just can recomend this book. Even if entrepreneurship is not your focus in the moment this book can/will change you view on a lot of things. Happened to me too ;)

The thought of working a 9-5 job for the rest of my life has never appealed to me and I'm very interested in building passive income streams

Multiple income streams is part of the fastlane. And with a programming background you have the tools to bring your ideas to life.

bornoim

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Sep 5, 2019
I just can recomend this book. Even if entrepreneurship is not your focus in the moment this book can/will change you view on a lot of things. Happened to me too ;)

Multiple income streams is part of the fastlane. And with a programming background you have the tools to bring your ideas to life.
Thanks! I will look into it at some point. At the moment I have little time on my hands, and a book is usually a big time investment. I also think many books tend to be quite longwinded whithout saying much. However, since this book is basically treated as the bible in these parts, I guess it's worth taking a look at it
Yeah, I hope I can earn some money passively. I'm working on it and the first euro I make that way will be celebrated.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...