The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I feel overwhelmed...

D

Deleted48496

I don't know if I should start adding 'value' in myself by learning skills like coding, so I can become a freelancer, or have a valuable skill which would help me in future as i'll have something to offer. OR my main focus should be on learning stuff like marketing, SEO etc? i'm thinking to achieve this by starting with affiliate marketing or dropshipping.

Can anyone give me advice/thoughts on this? How should I start my journey? I CANT WAIT.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alan3wilson

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jun 26, 2016
I think it is better to focus on only one thing. If you don't have money , learn skills increase value and get paid.

Christopher777

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Jun 13, 2017
Manila, Philippines
I CANT WAIT.

Oh man, you're gonna have to be a lot more patient than that.

Figure out what you want first. Set a goal. Then read up on what you have to learn. Continuously do something while learning. It's a combo.

Once you set a realistic achievable goal, don't stray from that until you achieve it.

Well all know what happens when we jump from one thing to another.

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Apr 4, 2016
Just take action and figure it out from there. You will just suffer from analysis paralysis. You sound like a fat person who is reading books on how to lose weight, my advice would be to get your fat a$$ to the gym and start doing something, even if its walking on the treadmill. We are all in this together and we are guaranteed to make mistakes. Every path is different.

daru

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Feb 11, 2017
Earth
Well, the theory is simple. Your focus should be to find a need or want and try to solve it. Don't learn stuff to be prepared. Learn the stuff needed to solve problems as they appear along your journey to help people or other companies.

If you need to learn programming to solve a problem, need or want. Fine. But otherwise don't.

But theory is simple, practically is a lot harder. But hard is the opportunity!

So yeah, I've read MJ's books so the it's really his words above (the way I understand them at least).
Working on the hard stuff now. So should you! And read the books if you haven't.. ;)

FreeBy23

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
176%
Jul 18, 2017
Maryland
I have to agree with @Maxboost on this one, if you have an idea, make a rough foundation, set a vague path, and execute it. The worst that can happen is you fail, learn from it, and do it again but better. Failure isn't just an option, it's pretty common and it's okay. Don't concern yourself so much with planning everything out, it's like planning out your teenage years when you're a toddler, there's so much that could change that it's not worth it. As long as you have a goal and make steps towards achieving it every day, you'll be fine, trust me.

Tim Allen Jr.

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 6, 2017
virginia
I'm biased towards coding. Opens up a new way of thinking and solving problems. But agree with the others on the thread, pick something and just try. The amount of time i've spent on indecision vs. just trying something is crazy. Try it, if you dont like it, move on, but just don't continue to 'wait' or pick the 'best' thing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.