The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Don't Know What I'm Doing: Time to Get Certain and Start A Business

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Which business do you think would be best to start?

• Social Media Marketing and/or Web Design Agency

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Appliance Repair Technician Business

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Asbestos, Mold, Water/Fire Damage Removal Business

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Pest Control Business

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Real Estate 3D Photography Business

Votes: 9 31.0%

• Total voters

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
Day 9

I was horribly disorganized this Labour Day. No sales yet. Might have to diversify outbound strategies. Have a meeting with a startup sometime this month, but not a sure thing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

TheCj

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Jan 3, 2017
Ontario, Canada
I'd agree with the painting side.

You basically have to sell your mom on the idea.

There would be lots of ways you could do that, one way is to ask her what results she would need to see to be on board.

Can maybe negotiate a trial test that you will do to show her results etc..

If you see a demand that is there and would pay more, maybe you can talk to her about you branching out with a different brand possibly and going for that market. Since you would be at different price points, it should show you both what is possible. It's something grocery store chains do here all owned by one company yet they have different tiers of grocery store aimed at different markets.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
I'd agree with the painting side.

You basically have to sell your mom on the idea.

There would be lots of ways you could do that, one way is to ask her what results she would need to see to be on board.

Can maybe negotiate a trial test that you will do to show her results etc..

If you see a demand that is there and would pay more, maybe you can talk to her about you branching out with a different brand possibly and going for that market. Since you would be at different price points, it should show you both what is possible. It's something grocery store chains do here all owned by one company yet they have different tiers of grocery store aimed at different markets.

Perhaps one day...

I don't know how to change my mother's opinion on scale. She doesn't want to make more money and doesn't want to hire anyone else, all efforts to change her mind and sell her on the benefits of making more and doing less have been futile. And I need more pull in the business to implement necessary systems that would allow it to scale. I will keep trying though, but I feel I can't hold out waiting any longer for her to change her mind on this. I do appreciate the thought though, it is something I do think about and perhaps she will one day change her mind before she retires.

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
Day 10 & 11 & 12 Update:

I did not close anyone from personal network just yet. I will keep going at it and hopefully get those first "portfolio" type of jobs in the near future.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Devampre

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jan 6, 2016
Canada
Update: Lost track of the days, and stopped updating daily progress as I felt the thread had went off the rails and was being misinterpreted as to what I was trying to accomplish. But, I digress...

- I will be building a website for a couple grand for a construction business
- I'm in discussions with a local boutique/decor store about ways I can help them
- I may help a startup once they communicate what it is they want
- And I'm not giving up!

I'm still painting (And yes, I still may take it over one day & expand it. But, until then I need to take the wheel and do something else.)

Thanks to everyone on the forum that offered sound advice. And I hope that I can better contribute in the not so distant future. :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.