The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am buying a new bugatti. And i will post pics.

D

DeletedUser2

As I write this, I'm looking for something - anything - to help me break through the darkness, almost like I'm attempting to write my way out of this predicament I'm in.
I think what's important is that I make it through tonight. It almost feels as though this moment is a test. The last time I felt pain like this, from a moment like this, my solution wound me up in the emergency room.

not crazy...

Pls seek some professional attention or help....

Z

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
Yo uber,

I have the secret to your current situ

But the secret isn't super complicated so you will feel like you need to ignore it at first, but set aside some focus and attention, so that as you read it you give it a chance

Ok?

Ok, so here is the secret to all that darkness stuff.
Answers and philosophical/growth/understanding/rationalisation (rap god/sanctuary talk etc) will not manage the pain long term, it will only ride with the pressure and anxiety. Thusly, your emotions will rule your mind, and you will be stuck in a circuit of creating solutions and thinking they won't work the next moment.

To fix this requires one thing.

This one thing is very very important, and I want you to take the time before you read below to get ready to change and to commit to what I mention, because this is not a guess, or a maybe, or a trap, or any bs like that, it is 100% the thing you need and the only thing that ACTUALLY works.

... You ready? ...

What you need to do, is change your focus when you are in a bad state. You need to ignore the temptations to stick in that place and fight out a win, you need to be determined to focus on better things that are surrounded by better/more fun things.
It could be turning on a comedy series, it could be thinking about old childhood memories, it could be thinking about something you like doing that never makes you mad.
Then you need to continue focusing positive for about twenty minutes, until you are fully engaged and into that new task.
If that only works a little, keep doing it, stretching to be further more positive each time.

Avoid, anything that will trigger pulling you back into anything you don't want to be near.

This is the solution that WORKS. Because biologically, our thoughts are affected by how our physiological system is processing stimulation, and this in turn affects our brain chemistry.
When you maintain positive outlooks and improve them, over periods longer than twenty minutes your system adjusts and establishes a new equillibrium.

We are flesh and blood, we are not gods, and as a result, sometimes when we feel bad, it can be because of biological processes gone astray. So as people we need to do our best to assist those processes.

And much like going to the gym builds muscle, becoming effective at emotional management gets better and better over work and time (so long as it is physiological, NOT philosophical/rationalising). If you do this, in three months time you will absolutely feel better more consistently.

I have seen this method work time and time and time again, so much so that any other method is like saying you can build muscle by not eating, and not lifting weights because "you believe it".
Don't fall into the trap of being self indulgent with your ego.
Get the f#ck outta the mud and stop wrestling with the pig.
You only get dirty and the pig doesn't care.

To better help this process, better eating habits, get out more (gym, swimming, a jog), listen only to up beat songs, no rap, no dreary stuff (it solidifies the negative biological positioning making it harder to change), watch more funny movies etc, so that when you start getting depressed you can think of stuff that can lead you in a more positive state.

Do this, and you will improve.
This is not just me saying this, I had it confirmed by a my friend who has a Phd in psychology, as well as having seen it work many times personally and empirically.

You have the solution, and now it is up to YOU to do the hard work it will require.
Just like action in business versus mental masturbation, this action will help you.

And once you feel better, you can enjoy your business successes! How great is THAT!

All the best uber. Make sure to commit to this, and keep to it, it will help you as it has so many others.

To supplement this (but not replace it), take a little bit of weed when it gets too stressful. (not booze or pills)
And if thats no good, go down to the hospital or a center and just have a talk with the guys there, and see what they suggest. (sometimes a little bump is good and helps)

That should stem this unfortunate self destructive streak, and should really get you in the clear.

Best of luck uber

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Berters

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 20, 2013
UK
@Ubermensch you spend too much time writing these posts, they are so dramatic and clearly not just off the top of your head.

Clearly you are aware that you have some issues, it's great that you realise this and can voice it on here but seriously dude, you need some real life interaction to sort it out. Sounds like you really so need to see someone and get some help, it doesn't sound like you're very social by the way your posts read. If you're spending more time in your own head than you are interacting with other people then seek to change it.

Life sucks for everyone in one way or another, everyone experiences shit, but it's those who deal with it that succeed. Keep talking about how miserable everything is, how angry you are, how you could kill someone, how your friends are alcoholics and have problems and guess what - you'll end up just doing that or being just like your friends (although it really doesn't sound like you interact that much?)
Believe in yourself, be positive, do yourself the biggest favour you can right now and seek help. Go outside, interact with people in whatever way seems best. Stop spending so much time dwelling on the negatives, stay away from your computer for a while if that helps. Go and travel. Just change it up and do yourself some good. Snap out of it.

randomnumber314

speed of a drunk camel
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 7, 2014
Minnesoooota,USA
@Ubermensch, Dude. I just read this entire thread. I personally know several people with severe PTSD, and I've been front row to some really f*cked up situations. GET HELP. Don't post a monologue about your life here, don't rationalize the irrational, go talk to a professional.

If you need some direction PM me and we can chat off the public forum, but for the love of all that is good, you cannot continue this dramatic path of whoa is me, and chemicals will fix it until I have cash.

That is all.

Tiago

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
162%
Mar 22, 2014

Zulu

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
132%
Mar 14, 2013
Kingston - DC - Everywhere in Between
10 Bugatti's wont fix the problem. Nor will self-medicating. Please just go talk to a psychiatrist or something bro...and maybe even take a break from your current path for two weeks...just don't think about this shit for two weeks...try to get above the clouds. You have nothing to prove to people you grew up with/went to high school with/want to know...nothing.

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
Without sounding too intrusive, can you maybe give us a little detail of what you're dealing with?

I'm not sure if a deal fell through with the wrong crowd and now a threat has been made on your life or you just lost a great sum of money. Maybe knowing a little more about what you're going through can shed some light on your situation and allow us to recommend the right help.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
Pretty much a bad deal gone wrong or drug deal or a bad decision that lost millions of dollars. if not WHAT?

Too much drama in this thread to painful to read Good luck though!

Be water my friend
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
May 17, 2014
O..'.....
I'm just shooting in the dark, haha. Seems like many people here offered help and solutions but the OP sounds like he's just repeating himself without providing much insight on the situation.

I'm just trying to gauge the extent of his problem(s), of course I could be over exaggerating.

Tony Nguyen

Action is the foundational key to all success.
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Mar 21, 2014
Well you can't change someone, they have to change themselves, we can give as much advice and guidance as we can but in the end if they are unwilling to change that's who they are. no point in wasting time, if they chose to not seek help and make themselves better then who are we to help? we all walk different paths, have different problems that's just life.

what is life? it's what you make of it.

- Tony Nguyen

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
I'd bet 2 yrs before you own one....I hope it happens because I love being right ! :coolgleamA:

I never saw this one.

Thanks, bro.

I think I have made my pain painfully obvious. As one member hilariously put it, one of my posts deserves to be in the Fastlane Hall of Shame.

Perhaps, but the real shame is the fact that I allowed myself to go through so much pain. But the fact is that I don't mind if those posts do belong in the so-called Hall of Shame. Today I realized that I have been focusing on my pain and my weakness for far too long. I can do so much better - WAY better - in every aspect of my life. I am more powerful, faster, more talented, smarter, and entirely better than the man I have been... than the person I have been my whole life.

I'm going to prove myself here, on this site, in the action section of the forum. When MJ first PM'd me and told me that I had made the rough draft of his book, I thought "huh, that's pretty cool." When I found out that I made the final version, it felt nice. Lately, it has literally meant the world at times, kind of like a constant reminder of what I'm capable of, where I'm supposed to go in life...

There's a new member on this site. I think her name is Dinaa. She started a thread about how she begrudgingly read Fastlane and how she did so because of her supportive son. I have to admit; I felt more than a twinge of jealousy. Damn, I thought. If only.

I'm having this crazy thought. No, not crazy like my previous posts - lmao - no. Crazy like... it would be insanely great if it is true, and I have a hunch that it might be.

My crazy thought is... what if tomorrow is the best day of my life so far? Sounds a little gay, I know. But think about it... we humans really hold ourselves back. We often don't take risks. Shake things up.

I apologize, but my fingers do not move as fast as my neurons; I can't type as fast this thought is developing, but I remember a time when I was okay, as in no pain. I was able to break out of it. That's a rather amazing notion, if you think about it, and it would be truly amazing if that ability - to just... break the F*ck out... - was something that you could develop, harness... and use.

This is my final post in this thread. Don't feel the need to reply. The circumstances surrounding all of this claptrap doesn't necessarily stop now. In fact, the forces against me are stronger than ever. You could say that the wolves are out for blood, and they have my scent.

But it's like my bro RJ says: Throw me to the wolves, and I'll come back leading the pack.

My final thoughts on this thread are from the ante penultimate post, along with Vigilante's.

Action is all that matters.

Last edited:

RogueInnovation

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Jul 28, 2013
but I remember a time when I was okay, as in no pain. I was able to break out of it. That's a rather amazing notion, if you think about it, and it would be truly amazing if that ability - to just... break the F*ck out... - was something that you could develop, harness... and use.

It is :)

My crazy thought is... what if tomorrow is the best day of my life so far? Sounds a little gay, I know. But think about it...

You are 100% right, not crazy at all, or cliche. Thats how I get through emotional grinds. I think clearer than my imagination. I know things change, that there are "rest stops" you can reach, and that life "levels up".

You don't need to track them, its all about "calming" the "rush" so that your emotional state is smooth. You push a little, then you calm it down, then ask if its a better direction or not, you push a little, then calm it down.

Don't try to take it on all at once. Our failures emotionally are failures of imagination, so really, if you are realistic and steady, a little change in real conditions can help your mind imagine and head towards better days, the best days.
No need to do it all at once.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
NEWSFLASH: If you're a miserable person when you're broke, you'll be a miserable person when you're rich. Unfortunately some will need to walk through the fire for themselves before they feel the burn of this truth.
Yeah know, people always try to say this is bullshit, but I run into guys who obviously have money all of the time and they look like they've contracted a terminal illness. My neighbors are loaded with cash and they won't even wave to you as they drive by. MISERABLE.

Yussef

Knowledge Recycler
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
76%
Jan 30, 2012
Nothing happens until a sale takes place. Wealth Formula= Find or create product, Generate Leads, Convert Leads, Fulfill.

Scale Rinse Repeat. As long as you can outpace your attrition and scale your sales process via a gorilla sales team with hard quotas set you will be ballin in no time.

Oh and by the way ...The sales process is more important than the product itself. This is not a conversation about value, so don't start, I am only speaking about the growth process.

Last edited:

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
Nothing happens until a sale takes place. Wealth Formula= Find or create product, Generate Leads, Convert Leads, Fulfill.

Scale Rinse Repeat. As long as you can outpace your attrition and scale your sales process via a gorilla sales team with hard quotas set you will be ballin in no time.

Oh and by the way ...The sales process is more important than the product itself. This is not a conversation about value, so don't start, I am only speaking about the growth process.

Real talk.

Going through the process. Almost there. Heh-heh-heh.

Feeling great these days, btw.

ubermenschforever.blogspot.com

Last edited:

jockinbox

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
448%
Jul 8, 2014
Miami, FL
if your hate is what will help you achieve your goals then F*ck it. ive used it to my advantage before, it works.

good luck on that whip

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
if your hate is what will help you achieve your goals then F*ck it. ive used it to my advantage before, it works.

good luck on that whip

Thanks, bro.

To some, it may seem wrong to hate anything, but let's not kid ourselves. At the very least, I imagine most - if not all - people on this site hate the idea of being in the slow lane.

Tommy92l

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 20, 2012
To be fair though, you should really like who you are before you get into this. Maybe taking this route will help you realize your worth. The thing is, if you're sitting at a stop light in a Bugatti and a couple of hot girls who would've ignored you start to talk to you and ask for your number, you're probably gonna feel even shitter... because these girls don't want you, but your money.

A

Angus

that's not a problem, as long as you don't fall in love for them
women are attracted to status, a bugatti shows status, if they fall for it, good, free sex

Ubermensch

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jul 7, 2008
Chicago
very entertaining thread
some people on here have to chill out, he's just entering action with boldness
if anger is his drive, why put him down? the world isn't "politically correct" at all

Aha! At last, someone gets it.

Reminds me of the classic Carl von Clausewitz aphorism about war and politics: War is politics by other means. Most people don't realize just how warlike everyday life is. I sure didn't. Now I do.

The biggest mistake I ever made was stopping the streak I hit when I got almost $200k in a week. I'll be god damned if the little me from four years outperforms the me from today, though.

"There ain't no one on this earth right now that I'd rather be, 'cause god dammit I'm glad that I'm me."

Last edited:

MorgothBauglir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
252%
Dec 23, 2013
very entertaining thread
some people on here have to chill out, he's just entering action with boldness
if anger is his drive, why put him down? the world isn't "politically correct" at all
Telling people to chill out then encouraging anger? I'm noticing a contradiction here, lol.

If you have anger now there's a good chance you'll have it when you have three bugatti's. Enjoy the ride, the people you're trying to prove wrong don't care about you and never will. The anger only hurts yourself.
Life is hard enough as it is.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.