The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hyperinflation starting? What's happening in your area? Post your ground reports.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
230%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Don't really agree with this. It can go the other way as well.

Also, increase in taxes is almost guaranteed if we go by this projection.
Of course it can go the other way as well.

But the fact remains that if you haven't found a way to increase your net worth via increasing income or capital appreciation you in fact, have fallen behind.

MoneyDoc

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
273%
Jun 24, 2014
Of course it can go the other way as well.

But the fact remains that if you haven't found a way to increase your net worth via increasing income or capital appreciation you in fact, have fallen behind.
Agreed.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Read Big Debt Crisis by Ray Dalio.

In the book he describes exactly what is going on and how deleveraging will need to occur.

The scary part is what normally happens through a deleveraging is war and social unrest.
1620536851445.png
the china is rising power and USA is ruling power now.

I don't wish for war, many factors indicate that there might be one.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga
btw, for anyone reading this and want an easy way to do this:

Set up a Transferwise account.

You'll be able to convert your USD and hold in other currencies from there, and easily convert back to USD when you need it.

I have an equal amount in a dozen or so currencies, including the Franc.
This is so easy! Almost too easy... :) Are there any risks to holding it with Wise?

Erik447

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
45%
Apr 22, 2021
For the most past, most of my portfolio is held by Ethereum and Cardano, as well some tech compnies with good cash flow in the NASDAQ. I had a massive appreciation from my crypto at the moment as my tech stocks took a dip. I am not the well versed into the whole subject of inflation at the moment to come up with a better plan. Any good reads for this?

Keivo

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Aug 27, 2020
Estonia
Inflation a out of control.
In Australia:

Cars cost an extra $5000 on average. I bought mine for $6,000 a few years ago. I was looking to upgrade and that same car I bought for $6,000 now sells for $8000!

To get something decent im looking at $15,000 pfft just keeping the car.

Housing in my town went up from $340,000 for a unit to now $400,000+ merely a few months later.

Petrol is up 30c litre.
Some food is up more than 50%.

But DW everyone, there is no inflation!
I bought an audi a6 2008 for 3500€ last year in May, now when I looked up same cars, they go for 5000€.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
April core inflation the highest since 1981, FORTY YEARS AGO.

Folks, remember, you read it here first.

I've they're ADMITTING these rates with these ineffective measurements, can you imagine the real number?

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
April core inflation the highest since 1981, THIRTY YEARS AGO.

I've they're ADMITTING these rates with these ineffective measurements, can you imagine the real number?

That’s actually 40 years.

Not to be some corrective douche, but it proves your point even further.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Read Big Debt Crisis by Ray Dalio.

In the book he describes exactly what is going on and how deleveraging will need to occur.

The scary part is what normally happens through a deleveraging is war and social unrest.
This is why I think the Fed's policies (and our government's corresponding policies) are bad for the country.

The people will blame capitalism, but this is government's fault.

krich1512

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Aug 12, 2020
St Lucia
Not looking good.. Stan Druckenmiller has been shorting USD for some time now.. and publicly predicted the USD losing reserve currency status... USA is in the Last stage in the long term debt cycle.. debt monetization.. diversify away from the dollar

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScAeHsXIUqI

April core inflation the highest since 1981, FORTY YEARS AGO.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
What are the best steps to take to minimize the pain, maybe even maximize the gain?
If it's like the last time, it will end in a crash after a "run-up" period. Interest rates on mortgages went from 12% to 21% and 22% overnight. The economy stopped dead in its tracks. When that happens, cash is king. Debt will make you a dead duck. Have a lot of food (staples) and bullets on hand since there will be riots and supply chain disruptions. Need I go on?

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

This is why I think the Fed's policies (and our government's corresponding policies) are bad for the country.

It appears to be a conflation fallacy. Intentionally conflate factors to hide inflation and confuse the masses. They will blame the inflation on a “hot” or “booming” economy to deflect responsibility.

Last edited:
G

Guest-5ty5s4

It appears to be a conflation fallacy. Intentionally conflate factors to hide and confuse the masses. They will blame the inflation on a “hot” or “booming” economy to deflect responsibility.
If they pretend the economy is "hot" or "booming" I'm going to vomit blood.

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA

The monetary system is secondary to its primary resources it represents. The real economy is the resources, productivity and utility of the nation. You always get a clearer picture if you look at the world without the abstract concept of money.

Sure, centralized monetary systems help drive efficiency and help streamline the economy. But only if multiple assumptions are met and if the douchebags entrusted with it can keep themselves from abusing it for political purposes. At the present moment no entity can be trusted and they proved it to us last year in March.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
It appears to be a conflation fallacy. Intentionally conflate factors to hide inflation and confuse the masses. They will blame the inflation on a “hot” or “booming” economy to deflect responsibility.
What IF it is more calculated than that???? What if interest rates go crazy again and they shut down the economy again on top of it being shut down this last year?* These administrative policies to create this inflation give me a bad feeling in my gut. I can and will weather this. I'm ready this time around. I'm just NOT ready to again live on a pile of bottomless economic quicksand and the stress that comes with it.

*Information is coming out that the shutdowns didn't stop the virus at all. And less than 10% of the transmissions were from outdoor P2P contacts. The prediction models and assumptions were deeply flawed. That containment approach appears to be a big mistake and terrible overreach by our politicians.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
Define "hot" or "booming".
I'm convinced their numbers are fake anyway and just designed to make people buy more or less.

People buy more when they say it's "booming".
People buy less when they are told they are in a recession.

Cause or effect? Chicken or egg?

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Define "hot" or "booming".
I'm convinced their numbers are fake anyway and just designed to make people buy more or less.

People buy more when they say it's "booming".
People buy less when they are told they are in a recession.

Cause or effect? Chicken or egg?
I’m convinced it’s a bunch of fraud.

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
What IF it is more calculated than that???? What if interest rates go crazy again and they shut down the economy again on top of it being shut down this last year?* These administrative policies to create this inflation give me a bad feeling in my gut. I can and will weather this. I'm ready this time around. I'm just NOT ready to again live on a pile of bottomless economic quicksand and the stress that comes with it.

*Information is coming out that the shutdowns didn't stop the virus at all. And less than 10% of the transmissions were from outdoor P2P contacts. The prediction models and assumptions were deeply flawed. That containment approach appears to be a big mistake and terrible overreach by our politicians.
You need to a bit more research to get really pissed. Turns out most of those were caused by a Singapore construction workers being misclassed as outdoors when they were partly/mostly indoors.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
You need to a bit more research to get really pissed. Turns out most of those were caused by a Singapore construction workers being misclassed as outdoors when they were partly/mostly indoors.
Yeah, I saw that report yesterday. All this pain for nothing! I get really tired of these "experts" -- who aren't elected or accountable -- messing with us -- telling us it's for our own good! I'm pretty darn good at thinking for myself and weighing the odds. I always know that there is a chance I can lose on any decision, so I take my lumps pretty good. And I also try to build in a back door for each of those moments. I do a lot more thinking through these things (compared to these "experts") since I'm responsible for the bottom line in all of my deals.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
lol 4% cpi.
inflation transitory y'all.

FED is stuck in a rock and a hard place now. We are at the end game.

fed raises rates: everything crashes.
fed keeps asset purchase program going: prices rise

i think you all know what the fed is going to do.

PINTER GO BRRRRRRRRRRRR

G

Guest-5ty5s4

lol 4% cpi.
inflation transitory y'all.

FED is stuck in a rock and a hard place now. We are at the end game.

fed raises rates: everything crashes.
fed keeps asset purchase program going: prices rise

i think you all know what the fed is going to do.

PINTER GO BRRRRRRRRRRRR
All the Keynesians sweating behind their horn-rimmed glasses:
“That’s... that’s not supposed to happen. It can’t be... we must... print... more!!”

Last edited by a moderator:

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
It's easy, you just have to print and not print at the same time, alternate print/not on odd/even days.

Jokes aside, the other key part of this is that a lot of the allocated "stimulus" money is still pending being spent. It can only get worse. Not sure why the gold price isn't moving more strongly from this, but prob time to increase position.

c4n

Full throttle
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
May 30, 2017
If it's like the last time, it will end in a crash after a "run-up" period. Interest rates on mortgages went from 12% to 21% and 22% overnight. The economy stopped dead in its tracks. When that happens, cash is king. Debt will make you a dead duck. Have a lot of food (staples) and bullets on hand since there will be riots and supply chain disruptions. Need I go on?

You've been through this, any tips on how do you manage the conflicting information?

I mean, on one hand, cash is king but on the other hand, high inflation and the potential of USD losing the status of reserve currency would make cash worth less and less?

Marigold

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
206%
Nov 15, 2018
Glasgow & Malaga

Isn't that kind of what the Great Reset was all about? F*ck everything up so that they could bring it about?

The virus was just a convenient cover IMO. Yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist.

peddletothemetal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Apr 5, 2021
I mean, on one hand, cash is king but on the other hand, high inflation and the potential of USD losing the status of reserve currency would make cash worth less and less?
It's a tough one. Perhaps holding more reliable foreign currencies could be a solution? Maybe this time USD won't rally, or perhaps more briefly, but cash as an asset class will. I think I'll do some research which other currencies were solid during 2000 and 2008.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.