The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

"Hustle House": What would you want living-wise as an entrepreneur?

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I've been traveling overseas on and off for about a month each time since I started my business two years ago and I ABSOLUTELY want to do this.

Out of the places I've been, my month in Thailand and month in Bali were my favorite in terms of the connections I made and the time I had.

I'm going to do my best to set up my own house for this starting in Late December 2019/January of 2020.

What I'm looking for:

1. Because I can't bare to stay away from friends and family back home for too long, I'm going to start with a three month stint and search between Canggu and Chiang Mai. (If someone can convince me that a spot in South America would be even better - I am totally open to it.)
  2. Other people in their 20s up to early 30s. I'm 23 and will have my girlfriend with me, who I am currently helping start her own business.
  3. A place that has 4-6 bedrooms. I don't want anyone to be spending more than $6-700 a month on rent. The lower the better, obviously - but I will prioritize location.
  4. A personal chef and proximity to the gym.
  5. Obviously, other motivated entrepreneurs who are fun but also disciplined and want to improve.

Ideally, I would like to find someone who is a bit ahead of me in terms of business/experience, someone behind me, and someone on my level... of course everyone always preaches this as the ideal - and I agree with it.

If this clicks with anyone, let me know. The search starts now! I'm definitely thinking Canggu, Bali.

Edit: Wonderful 4 bedroom villa in Padonan - Canggu
This one is $620 each per month (4 person)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Interesting thread. Can't say I blame one or two for getting a bit triggered when one of the floated rules was no chicks kick them out after smashing... this wasn't by the OP though but jesus christ, man.

I've lived in canggu before. It's awesome, great coworking spaces and lots of houses pretty much doing similar but there's not "rules" so much. I think maybe you guys are overthinking it a little.

I definitely suggest a place a little bit out of town. Sometimes you only need to go 5 or 10 mins in the quiet direction and you don't have to deal with insane traffic and get lease a bit cheaper. For Bali/canggu, have a look at Seseh.

The downside is that you usually have to pay a year upfront. Sometimes you can manage to get 6 months though.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Interesting thread. Can't say I blame one or two for getting a bit triggered when one of the floated rules was no chicks kick them out after smashing... this wasn't by the OP though but jesus christ, man.

I've lived in canggu before. It's awesome, great coworking spaces and lots of houses pretty much doing similar but there's not "rules" so much. I think maybe you guys are overthinking it a little.

I definitely suggest a place a little bit out of town. Sometimes you only need to go 5 or 10 mins in the quiet direction and you don't have to deal with insane traffic and get lease a bit cheaper. For Bali/canggu, have a look at Seseh.

The downside is that you usually have to pay a year upfront. Sometimes you can manage to get 6 months though.
I think the point was that if you hook up with someone you can't keep them there - because the point of the hustle house is to stay focused and get shit done.

I don't think they're overthinking it because if you aren't living with people that have similar goals that can very easily invite distraction. It's great to be around people who motivate, inspire, and educate you.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I think the point was that if you hook up with someone you can't keep them there - because the point of the hustle house is to stay focused and get shit done.

I don't think they're overthinking it because if you aren't living with people that have similar goals that can very easily invite distraction. It's great to be around people who motivate, inspire, and educate you.
So it's not distracting have a house full of models floating in and out? Dude, it was all getting a bit silly and obviously girls were gonna think it sounded stupid. It sounded very frat house. You would also look like a douche in the nomad community in Canggu, which I think is probably a little bit more female populated anyway.

Honestly, I don't think there needs to be so many rules. Just pick the right people and kick arse. I can definitely vouch for Canggu. You would make a tonne of friends and connections there and plenty of people working their butt off but still enjoying their time.

I hope you guys all go for it.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
I
So it's not distracting have a house full of models floating in and out? Dude, it was all getting a bit silly and obviously girls were gonna think it sounded stupid. It sounded very frat house. You would also look like a douche in the nomad community in Canggu, which I think is probably a little bit more female populated anyway.

Honestly, I don't think there needs to be so many rules. Just pick the right people and kick arse. I can definitely vouch for Canggu. You would make a tonne of friends and connections there and plenty of people working their butt off but still enjoying their time.

I hope you guys all go for it.
I think you’re mixing up two different poster’s ideas. Regardless, having a little bit of a filter never hurt.

Canggu is definitely a blast and I can’t wait to go back.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I

I think you’re mixing up two different poster’s ideas. Regardless, having a little bit of a filter never hurt.

Canggu is definitely a blast and I can’t wait to go back.
It's just my opinion that the rules thing is not for me, and I'm saying this as someone that kinda did this already on a smaller scale, with people from this forum.

It's such a good idea though to have a fastlane forum house for 6 to 12 months in one of these locations. But I'm not in school anymore, shove your midnight partner curfew where the sun don't shine lol. It's really unnecessary for all the rules. Just pick the housemates wisely, work hard and have an amazing time checking out a new location. The rules thing would exclude me and would mean I would just get a villa down the road from you guys lol.

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
It's just my opinion that the rules thing is not for me, and I'm saying this as someone that kinda did this already on a smaller scale, with people from this forum.

It's such a good idea though to have a fastlane forum house for 6 to 12 months in one of these locations. But I'm not in school anymore, shove your midnight partner curfew where the sun don't shine lol. It's really unnecessary for all the rules. Just pick the housemates wisely, work hard and have an amazing time checking out a new location. The rules thing would exclude me and would mean I would just get a villa down the road from you guys lol.
Wait, which rules?

Sorry, there have been a lot of posters in this thread. The only things I was looking for I mentioned in my first thread here - which is basically that I just want people who are also entrepreneurs, fun, and ambitious. (The filter I was referring to)

I agree that strict rules aren’t always necessary - but if someone is going for some sort of transformational boot camp - I get it.

MattR82

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
Wait, which rules?

Sorry, there have been a lot of posters in this thread. The only things I was looking for I mentioned in my first thread here - which is basically that I just want people who are also entrepreneurs, fun, and ambitious. (The filter I was referring to)

I agree that strict rules aren’t always necessary - but if someone is going for some sort of transformational boot camp - I get it.
Fair enough, maybe I misread some things.

I can only really give tips on some areas of Thailand and Bali. The main thing to keep in mind with Thailand in particular is rainy season. Bali isn't too bad, but when I was living in Phuket for 3 months and it started to slide into rainy season - MISERABLE!

I'm thinking of heading back to Bali in May next year for 3 months. If staying for more than that I would recommend the 6 month social visa meaning you can avoid visa runs.

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Every year when Winter hits I think about snowbirding off somewhere warmer. I've always wanted to have a sort of entrepreneur house in places where the weather was nice year round, but I've always been hesitant to take the plunge by myself.

That being said, if anyone else is serious about making it happen, I created a landing page for this type of thing - dwellings.io.

In general the way I see it working is finding people who are similar and looking for the same things, you'll be put into a group chat or slack sort of situation, and we'll go from there. No pressure or expectations if you don't like who you're put with.

If you put in your email you'll get sent a form asking some questions about your preferences for where you'd want to live, and a couple financial questions.

I'm a one man band and pretty laid back, so you don't have to worry about me spamming your email or doing anything shady with it. Mostly just kicking around the idea and if enough people are interested I'll either turn it into a full-fledged business or just a way to connect entrepreneurs.

P.S. I'm new to programming so letting me know if there are any bugs or compatibility issues would be sweet ;) haha

MitchM

Act. Then Adapt.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Nov 15, 2016
Atlanta, GA
Every year when Winter hits I think about snowbirding off somewhere warmer. I've always wanted to have a sort of entrepreneur house in places where the weather was nice year round, but I've always been hesitant to take the plunge by myself.

That being said, if anyone else is serious about making it happen, I created a landing page for this type of thing - dwellings.io.

In general the way I see it working is finding people who are similar and looking for the same things, you'll be put into a group chat or slack sort of situation, and we'll go from there. No pressure or expectations if you don't like who you're put with.

If you put in your email you'll get sent a form asking some questions about your preferences for where you'd want to live, and a couple financial questions.

I'm a one man band and pretty laid back, so you don't have to worry about me spamming your email or doing anything shady with it. Mostly just kicking around the idea and if enough people are interested I'll either turn it into a full-fledged business or just a way to connect entrepreneurs.

P.S. I'm new to programming so letting me know if there are any bugs or compatibility issues would be sweet ;) haha
Interesting. I am going to do a hustle house sometime next year.

What timeframe are you thinking and what location?

I'm mainly looking at Bali/Chiang Mai

Phikey

Fortune favours the bold.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Nov 7, 2017
Sydney Australia
I've done this with a bunch of good friends in Colombia. All pitched in for a wicked penthouse and had some great parties. Getting a chef, cleaner, all that stuff. The things we learned from each other during mastermind sessions was insane. You get brutally honest with your problems and you have friends there genuinely interested in helping you succeed. You're living and breathing with these guys and you form some pretty strong bonds. It's also a special thing to grow in your business at the same time.

Plus all the awesome parties and the wild shit we got up to.
I'm in for something. Currently digital-nomading and currently in Brazil in Monk Mode. I'm getting some deep work done by going solo until January but definitely keen to do this again.

Strive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Interesting. I am going to do a hustle house sometime next year.

What timeframe are you thinking and what location?

I'm mainly looking at Bali/Chiang Mai
I love Jersey in the Spring and Summer, so it would be tough to get me outta here during then haha. It would probably have to be Winter for me to do it this year, or fall of next year.

I'm mainly looking for the right group of people who will help push each other over everything. I like to save wherever possible and reinvest into business so a place that's nice enough, has good weather with a gym and groceries near by are good enough for me. Everything else is just icing on the cake that I don't really have to have in terms of some of the things people mentioned here.

Thailand area seems like a pretty unanimous winner according to most nomads, but I'm open to anywhere that has the above

Benji90

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
222%
Nov 3, 2019
This sounds absolutely amazing, I've still got a 9-5 (more like 8-8) and I've yet to come up with an idea that would allow me to travel while being an entrepreneur!

Trying to learn website design and marketing in my spare time so I can achieve this.

Maybe in 6 months - will have to get rid of the girlfriend though. :rofl:

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've done this with a bunch of good friends in Colombia. All pitched in for a wicked penthouse and had some great parties. Getting a chef, cleaner, all that stuff. The things we learned from each other during mastermind sessions was insane. You get brutally honest with your problems and you have friends there genuinely interested in helping you succeed. You're living and breathing with these guys and you form some pretty strong bonds. It's also a special thing to grow in your business at the same time.

Plus all the awesome parties and the wild shit we got up to.
I'm in for something. Currently digital-nomading and currently in Brazil in Monk Mode. I'm getting some deep work done by going solo until January but definitely keen to do this again.

This sounds ideal.

G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Anyone legitimately interested in doing this together?

I'll be looking into forming a Hustle House in Puerto Rico next year, likely early 2021 with a 'feeler' being sent out about 6 months prior for people interested. Many people have expressed interest in forming one after our stint, and it would be a blast having everyone down here.

Let me know :)

CardinalFlame

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jul 2, 2019
Scottsdale

I'll be looking into forming a Hustle House in Puerto Rico next year, likely early 2021 with a 'feeler' being sent out about 6 months prior for people interested. Many people have expressed interest in forming one after our stint, and it would be a blast having everyone down here.

I would be, Mike! But you already know that timing is an open question for me but very interested and am taking a vacation to PR to check it out this summer!

Games247

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 31, 2019

I am totally down, and if it isn't happening until 2021 I will totally be able to do it by then, I'm currently broke.

JamesQB8

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Mar 20, 2019

Yeah I would be down for this. My Spanish is good but my salsa is terrible haha (Might take on some lessons to change that soon)

I've been based in Medellin for a couple of months (was also here for 4 months last year), a really cool community and of course perfect weather. However the air pollution here is starting to get to me, so Puerto Rico sounds like a great spot.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.