• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Hurricane Michael

Discussion in 'People & Relationships' started by SteveO, Oct 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $91,468
    @Get Right and any others that are in the path... Get Safe!

@Vigilante will hopefully miss most of the wrath. You are right on the ocean, right?

2. SteveO

SteveO Legendary Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $91,468
    @ZCP . How much rain are you expecting? Are there evacuations going on in Georgia?

MTEE1985, Get Right and Kak like this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $357,409
    Admin Post
    Looks like a big one, and underestimated too which makes it even more dangerous.

4. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative asdfghjkl;kvjiad;lkdf Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,096
    I live in Panama City FL in direct path of the hurricane and we got out.

Here's what we're dealing with:
    -> Mandatory Evacuations of all the coastal counties
    -> 6-8 ft estimated Storm Surge (8-12ft in some areas)
    -> 150mph+ sustained winds (5mph from a Cat 5 storm)

This is the worst storm the area has ever seen.
    As a comparison, the hurricanes that decimated Puerto Rico was ~160mph.

@Vigilante is fine, West Coast of Florida is fine.
    @Get Right won't get in nearly as bad in Pensacola.

But this is bad.
    The Panhandle is f*cked.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  5. UnrealCreative

UnrealCreative asdfghjkl;kvjiad;lkdf Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $8,096
    Exactly. Everyone thought it wouldn't be a bad storm, but it strengthened EXPONENTIALLY in only 2 days. Faster than anyone can prepare for.

Raoul Duke, MTEE1985 and Get Right like this.
  6. AllenCrawley

AllenCrawley Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $71,046
  7. SteveO

Rep Bank:
    $91,468
    Stay safe. Hope everything is good when you get back. Thanks for the information!

8. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $185,452
    This one is going to be catastrophic. It already passed by Tampa, and with high tide we got some minor flooding but nothing in comparison what is about to level the pan handle.

Kak, Mattie, Get Right and 4 others like this.
  9. minivanman

minivanman Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,160
    I just text my ex-wife and she said she has the windows open enjoying the breeze. lol She lives in Navarre. My daughter lives up the road about 20 miles by Milton out in the country but they always have very bad cell reception so it's no surprise no one can get ahold of them. We can't get ahold of them when the weather is perfect most of the time.

Too bad too because after all this time they were just starting to rebuild hotels out on the island.

MTEE1985 and Get Right like this.
  10. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $51,190
    That was the biggest problem here. Pat last week the weatherman was saying “oh we have this little system by the Yucatán, but don’t worry, it won’t even develop into a system” Then in a matter of days, like 2, it went from Tropical Storm at landfall to Cat 4 at landfall.

This is the worst kind of hurricane. The gulf coast is so shallow, that storm surge is the real threat here. All of the water from the gulf gets pushed up into the inland areas. We’re going to see massive flooding. It’ll make Houston and North Carolina look like puddles.

Glad you got out @UnrealCreative !

Thankfully for @Vigilante and I, we’ve only been getting a drizzle all day.

jon.a, SteveO, MTEE1985 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $185,452
    Sponge docks are flooded but that can happen any time we get a torrential rain storm.

Kak, SteveO, MTEE1985 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Scot

Scot Ductus Exemplo Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $51,190
    Yeah, I saw Dunedin and Tarpon got some flooding. But, those places are pretty used to it for the most part. I’m working South Tampa today and it’s completely dry which is weird, because it floods so easily here too.

Kak likes this.
  13. Vigilante

Rep Bank:
    $185,452
    1 or 2 more high tide cycles and Tampa will be clear of this (and red tide is probably gone out to sea with the tides.)

Mattie, SteveO and Scot like this.
  14. Scot

Rep Bank:
    $51,190
    An unintended, but very beneficial side effect.

SteveO likes this.
  15. Get Right

Get Right Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $31,446
    All good in Pensacola, thanks! I spend a lot of time in those cities taking a direct hit. For the most part they are poor communities with sub-standard housing. The impact(s) will be devastating.

I was literally on the fence on leaving. Despite poor predictions on strength, they nailed the track days out which led to my decision to stay. I left for Ivan and was very happy with that decision back in 2004.

If you like watching the details of these things check out Mike's Weather Page (FB) and his website spaghettimodels.

jon.a, SteveO, DronePilot and 3 others like this.
  16. ZCP

ZCP Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $22,135
    think it is happening so fast, no one is really doing anything. traffic blows anyway. hasn't started raining on our side of town yet.

Get Right and SteveO like this.
  17. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke The .45 longslide, with laser sighting. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $4,090
  18. Almantas

Almantas Nothing to Lose Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,740
    I can't remember a time when America had so many hurricanes in such a short period of time. I am no conspiracy theorist, but the amount of hurricanes America is dealing with is insane - it makes me wonder if there's really someone/something controlling our weather or is it linked to global warming phenomenon.

19. million$$$smile

million$$$smile Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $55,659
    Well, I am beginning to be a conspiracy theorist regarding weather.

I have little doubt that we (they, the military-industrial complex?) have the ability to produce some negative results especially as a weapon when needed..

SquatchMan and Almantas like this.
  20. SquatchMan

SquatchMan Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $720
    Doing it since the 70s, Operation Popeye.

This seems like something the Chinese would do though. Hmmm.

amp0193 likes this.
  21. Connor

Connor Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $431
    The poor people of Eastern NC are about to get more rain dumped on them. Good news for flooding is that it's a fast moving storm, but that increases wind speeds and tendency for tornadoes. Will be interesting to see how much damage there is here in the Carolinas.

Stay safe everyone!

22. Kak

Kak Capitalist Swine Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $28,081
    Stay safe folks. Hurricanes suck.

Get Right and Dylan Hobrecht like this.
  23. 404profound

404profound Gold Contributor I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,288
    A lot of scientists feel this trend is attributable to global warming. The same scientists forecast the occurrence of hypercanes before another decade is up. Let's hope they're wrong on that one.

Almantas likes this.
  24. amp0193

amp0193 Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $48,601
    I would love for my parents to sell their home in houston and move.

If this keeps up, they either won't have a home, or there won't be anyone left who wants to to buy it.

Global Warming and Hurricanes – Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory

Almantas likes this.
  25. George Appiah

George Appiah Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,013
    Best of luck to all of you who are (or have loved ones) in the line of danger.

Stay safe!

SteveO likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.