The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hurricane Irma

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Hope everyone is okay in Florida. I'm on my third day binge praying for everyone. Hope my friend is okay in naples. Haven't heard from him for five hours. Hope everyone in Fastlane is safe. :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Just came on a second to see who is there and add you to the list of prayers. Getting back to praying now for next six hours. Stay safe everyone. :)

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
This is sucks right now having your best friend in being hit bad right this very moment. Not in a good spot in naples and with the surges. I hope he some how makes it out. I hope everyone in fastlane makes it out of this. So sucks having people we know in there.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
This is sucks right now having your best friend in being hit bad right this very moment. Not in a good spot in naples and with the surges. I hope he some how makes it out. I hope everyone in fastlane makes it out of this. So sucks having people we know in there.

I sincerely hope your friend is OK. Naples got hit hard. I am sure they will reach out to you as soon as they get power. We are finally starting to get it a little harder in Central Florida, but of course nothing like the coast. Nothing like Naples. I really hope they are OK.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
I sincerely hope your friend is OK. Naples got hit hard. I am sure they will reach out to you as soon as they get power. We are finally starting to get it a little harder in Central Florida, but of course nothing like the coast. Nothing like Naples. I really hope they are OK.
I really appreciate your thoughts. Yes, I know. The surges are still coming as well and they're saying nine feet wall. I am on top of him with prayer, and on lots of prayer chains for you all in florida. It's just hard praying and tears coming at the same time. We hoped i could have coached him through it, but the power went off right at the beginning. I'm thankful I gave him some navy seals videos last night on mental toughness, fear, fight, and flight, and tried to prepare him for it. All I can say, is did everything in my power. That's all I can do. I'll just have to wait it out and hope he comes out of it, and wait for a message. I hope you're safe and take care as well. I'll pray for you too.

throttleforward

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Oct 30, 2009
Washington DC
The hurricane-force gust fields and the number of tornadic cells all day (and continuing all night) is incredible. The mets I follow online were all suprised by how powerful and wide-spread the gusts have been.
If you're in Florida, especially on the east coast, pay close attention to tornado warnings tonight. DJZ4Mi4XkAIJffW.jpg

Last edited:

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
I really appreciate your thoughts. Yes, I know. The surges are still coming as well and they're saying nine feet wall. I am on top of him with prayer, and on lots of prayer chains for you all in florida. It's just hard praying and tears coming at the same time. We hoped i could have coached him through it, but the power went off right at the beginning. I'm thankful I gave him some navy seals videos last night on mental toughness, fear, fight, and flight, and tried to prepare him for it. All I can say, is did everything in my power. That's all I can do. I'll just have to wait it out and hope he comes out of it, and wait for a message. I hope you're safe and take care as well. I'll pray for you too.

News just said eyewall was coming towards Clermont/Orlando area now, but even then it is significantly weaker than Naples. All things considered we are quite safe here.

Trust me, I am praying for your friends, families, everyone in the area. Naples is near and dear to my heart, and I have many friends there, and my grandparents home (they passed away years ago but we kept the property.) I know the area well. I hope there is no loss of life, as property, things, that can be replaced.

Please let us know that they are safe as soon as you find out.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Please let us know that they are safe as soon as you find out.
Thank you appreciate it. I'll let you know as I hear something. Hopefully this will be over soon. Good to hear you're in better conditions.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know everyone in my home is safe and sound.

Hurricane thankfully broke apart in the Keys and was only a Cat 1 going up the middle of the state.

Looks like the Keys, Miami, and southwest Florida coast got the worst of it.

ddzc

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
May 22, 2012
Toronto
Thank goodness it's calming down, I believe it's now a CAT 1. I heard it's over Orlanda and Tampa this morning, hopefully @Vigilante and everyone is in the area is safe and power is restored asap.

On a side note, I watched a couple of videos about multiple break ins in the Miami area, thugs stealing f'n shoes? Really? These people should be shot.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
473%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

MattR82

Platinum Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Oct 4, 2015
Brisbane
I have always heard there is no cat 6 because after a cat 5, there is "nothing left"
Not sure about that, but could be true :p
A friend of mine visiting from St Marteen lost his business, but it wasn't a huge loss capital wise and his properties are ok. The island is a wreck and many people he knew didn't have hurricane insurance.

Mattie

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
129%
May 28, 2014
U.S.
Just wanted to check in and let everyone know everyone in my home is safe and sound.
Glad to hear this. Wonderful!
We are fine. We evacuated to New Orleans. Minimal damage in our area. We will head back soon.
Wonderful to here this too. I was wondering about you, because I remember you saying you were in florida.

I slept most of the day, but like I stated was up 72 hours praying for people in Florida, best thing I was hoping for was the strength of it to weaken and there would be very few lives lost. Hope more people in Florida let us know how they are. Still haven't heard anything on my friend yet, but I think they said the power was out for most of the state, so hoping sometime this week I hear something. Take care everyone.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Looks like a lot of the islands in the Caribbean took the brunt of the damage. Rebuilding infrastructure and property on an island is tough -- you can't just roll down to the Home Depot and buy stuff. Everything has to come in by plane or boat, so rebuilding takes extra long.

Hope these islands get some help from the mainlands and aren't forgotten about once the dust settles.

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
Rebuilding infrastructure and property on an island is tough -- you can't just roll down to the Home Depot and buy stuff. Everything has to come in by plane or boat, so rebuilding takes extra long.

YEP. And more expensive.

You learn to live without the stuff you don't need. A blessing in disguise.

#IslandLife

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
Just to show how far-reaching this storm is, I'm in Northern Alabama, and schools are closed today due to a tropical storm warning. Mostly, we're expected to have rain and damaging winds, nothing like the monster-storm conditions those of you in Florida (and elsewhere) were facing. So glad to see so many of you weighing in that you're okay!

TKDTyler

The Tea Guy
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
347%
Aug 25, 2014
Tampa Area dodged a huge bullet with that one; glad it has settled down from the cat-5 winds.

It sucked having most of my extended family living in Tampa and not being able to get in contact with them during the blackouts. Seems like everybody is safe, glad that all the FL members are safe as well.

On a side-note. It was interesting seeing the media reaction vs the public reaction via Snapchat. The Snapchat stories portrayed the hurricane over the weekend with people cracking jokes and making light of the situation.

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016

GMSI7D

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
Jan 27, 2016
Lyon, France
i hope you guys are not attacked by looters. french islands have been destroyed both by hurricane irma and looters.

this is considered a national scandal in France because the french government did nothing to prevent the whole event ( hurricane irma and the looters )

saint martin island is just another mad max movie at this very moment .

StevieB

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
269%
Jan 23, 2016
I hope you're joking....

Yes it was tongue in cheek to represent how ridiculous the notion was.

I live in Cumming, GA which is 30 mins North of Atlanta. Even just the after effects knocked out power in a lot of areas in this state. In the same city as me, a woman was killed when a gust of wind knocked over a tree and fell on a car... just down the street from me.

DJguBOvUEAAFiJy.jpg_web.jpg

Even here I did notice very fast gushes of wind, no clue how powerful they were, but there are tree's uprooted in some areas.

Wife of ex-police chief killed when tree falls on car during Irma

There's no telling how many people were killed but from the warnings and people heeding them it no doubt saved countless lives. These storms are no joke and it's better to be safe than dead. At minimum find the safest spot in the home away from glass and don't drive anywhere. Even then they produce tornadoes and flooding that can rip your home apart.

I read that 95% of homes in the Keys were effected, 25% of them completely destroyed. They got the worst of it and thankfully it weakened as it traveled further up FL.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
I'm glad that it looks like most of our forum friends have made it out okay. God willing, cleanup efforts and rebuilding will not come with too much trouble.

We are fine. We evacuated to New Orleans. Minimal damage in our area. We will head back soon.

Looking for restaurant recommendations?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.