The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How to save money on shipping

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

Grace Shu

New Contributor
Nov 6, 2019
Hi Everyone :
As a more than 10 years experience of shipping agent ,let me give you some tips of saving money on shipping.
1.Use slower shipping .
For small parcels , you can choose USPS , E-Pack . For Bulk shipping , you can choose sea freight .
2.Innovate your package.
Better book a custom size for your subscription boxes. There are usual sizes, but custom sizing can make big sense when it comes to shipping costs.
3.Find shipping agent
Shipping agent is professional , they can get better price for you .
4.Choose DDP or DDU service (Door to Door)
DDP offer the door to door service including duty , then you don't need worry anything
DDU offer door to door service not including duty , but all things are handled including customs clearance , you just need to pay the duty .

any question about shipping ,welcome to discuss with me ,thanks

JordanAvery

New Contributor
Jul 24, 2020
Miami
Thanks for the tips, I'll share what I've learned as well. Generally, the cheapest way to ship large packages is overland. Contact your local 'freight forwarding' company and ask them about 'groupage' rates, these are prices where your package is 'grouped' with other consignments coming to or from the same part of the world.
You may find more that one company performs these services in your area, if so you should give them the postcodes of the pick-up place and destination, the dimensions and weight of the package and ask each of them to quote for the job. This is not the quickest way to get your package, but it is the cheapest.

StewartHemmings

New Contributor
Oct 26, 2020
These methods don't always work, but overall still better than nothing. I have a small online business, and indeed when it comes to international shipping, the price of the product can double. I used to lose many customers because of this until I discovered Tiger Containers Brisbane, and started to do the shipping on my own. Admittedly, it takes a little longer but compared to the doubled price, I think this is a great improvement for my business. The newbies in online shopping will actually find your tips useful, so that's a good share.

Last edited:

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Greetings everyone, I joined the forum last week, after reading TMF and Unscripted. I would...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
Read the free book, some excellent insights. I also did the website quiz and I did a visual on a...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom