The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Monthly subscription package - "save TIME, save MONEY, improve your lifestyle"

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
I’m currently working in Finance in Asia, and let me tell you, the working hours are LONG! Myself, and many of my friends, regularly find ourselves in the position that by the time we have finished work, eaten and then get back home, its already past 12.00am. This rarely leaves enough time to relax after work, let alone find time to purchase essential items or schedule health/fitness appointments. Working these long hours 5/6 days a week, TIME, our most precious resource is severely limited whilst our health and lifestyle deteriorates.

One way of saving time and improving health would be to offering a monthly subscription packages which will deliver necessity items and schedule services/appointments.

Monthly subscription packages have been around for a while, but currently, many of the big brands, especially male focused, do not ship to Asia. This, combined with the fact that my target market, especially those who are working long hours in Finance, are cash, but not necessarily time rich. Therefore, they would be open to ideas to improve their lifestyle/health and automate necessity purchases.

I have a few ideas about the products/services that my package would contain – I don’t want to list them out on here at this stage, but obviously the combination will be crucial for the business' success. It can also be adjusted regularly based from market feedback and gradually tailored moving forward.

I am creating a user-friendly website which will allow users to tailor their package from the list of products available and to choose how often they would like to receive individual items.

I’m very interested to hear your thoughts about this business model/idea and if anyone is doing or has done something similar before. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Caroline

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
39%
Feb 3, 2014
Does Amazon do monthly subscription to Asia? I know that if I wanted let's say dog food to come to my house every 2 weeks, once a month, once a year(if I am cruel! lol) I could do that and then just forget about it. They would charge my card automatically. How do you plan on differentiating yourself? Are you going to design your own products or use ones already on the market and package it together?

Last edited:

FionaS

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Sep 12, 2011
Anchorage, AK
I use the Amazon subscription service, for everything from multivitamins to diapers to soap. If Amazon doesn't ship to Asia, I'd definitely recommend looking at them and seeing how they set their service up - it's been very useful and saves a lot of time.

Blue Lion

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
Dec 30, 2013
Asia
Does Amazon do monthly subscription to Asia? I know that if I wanted let's say dog food to come to my house every 2 weeks, once a month, once a year(if I am cruel! lol) I could do that and then just forget about it. They would charge my card automatically. How do you plan on differentiating yourself? Are you going to design your own products or use ones already on the market and package it together?

I plan on differentiating myself by creating a brand which just focuses on essential mens items that are essential for the male working professional. Similar to "Manpacks", but with a slightly different product base.

Also, by sending newsletters informing my users on the latest products in the market and their potential benefits (health etc.), I think it would add value to their lives.

I'm sure many of my friends would use a service like this, so my plan is to start off by selling a few packs to friends, finding out which items they want, and then delivering the items and charging a small premium. Once I make a few sales via friends, and the system seems viable, I will start to scale and expand by launching the website. I guess the hardest bit would be controlling inventory etc.

Thats my initial plan anyway! Will keep you all updated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.