The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Lower Cholesterol?

QueueQueue

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 12, 2016
Ontario, Canada
Personally, I can really endorse intermittent fasting, something as simple as just having water/black coffee until lunch at 12 noon. It has great health benefits for blood lipids (cholesterol etc) and insulin among heaps other things. Plenty of info around if you want to know more.

I second this. I do intermittent fasting every day as it really helps with appetite/craving control (once you have adjusted).

I found once I adjusted I was eating dinner around 6-7PM and not really feeling like I needed to eat again until around 1-2PM the next day without any dip in energy levels (and that is with a workout in the morning).

I also find that in the few hours before I break my fast I have increased focus.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Just wanted to update everyone. I've been seeing better results since changing my diet and working out. The process is very simple, but easier said than done (much like the fastlane):

1.) Cut out junk food, fast food, and sugar.
2.) Eat a well balanced diet without a ton of carbs.
3.) Workout at least 5 days a week.
4.) Rinse and repeat.

As of now:

Height: 5'9
Weight: 150.4

So I lost about 4-6 pounds in less than a month.

I'm guessing my cholesterol and tris have went down? I have not had any sugary snacks, Starbucks, corn, potatoes, sodas, or candy in about a month (unless you count the peanut I posted and spindrift drink). Also, I'm starting to have to put my belts on the next loop, as it seems I'm losing that small belly fat (size 38).

Took the advice and fasted just once or twice this week.

Ive been running 1.5 miles every 2-3 days, and now feeling better.

Ate some catfish, green beans, carrots, and a salad

1d8df377b1f8f5092ee88daf89e35175.jpg

Yesterday I cheated though with Mexican food again, but I fasted and besides a small soup I had at noon, this was the only thing I ate at night:

de0f6fc04c120fd351791d956955ab82.jpg

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Quick question? Now that I'm down to about 150 pounds, is it alright to incorporate a little diary (meaning cereal once a week), and unsweetened almond milk?

The reason I'm asking. I have no muscles (I look skinny haha), and since I'm working out, I would like to build muscle and get into shape.

My friend who volunteered to bring me to the gym bailed out (figures lol), but I have for now a chin up bar, p90x3, yoga mat, and set of resistance bands. I guess I could use that for now, but ultimately need to find a gym and start lifting actual weights.

1.) The thing I want to know is, will I need to add milk and meats to build protein if I want muscles, and could this mess with my tri's? After a intense 15-20 min workout, I would plan on having a smoothie based on The miracle morning (handful of spinach, unsweetened almond milk, banana, raspberries, blackberries, chia seeds)?

2.) What would be a sound way to start off lifting weights to build muscle, and turn this belly fat to abs? I'm thinking I need to start small with 15lbs on each hand, do 50 sit-ups a day, 50 push-ups, 25 chin-ups on the bar, and build from that? Increasing slowly every week or two weeks?

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
1.) The thing I want to know is, will I need to add milk and meats to build protein if I want muscles, and could this mess with my tri's? After a intense 15-20 min workout, I would plan on having a smoothie based on The miracle morning (handful of spinach, unsweetened almond milk, banana, raspberries, blackberries, chia seeds)?

2.) What would be a sound way to start off lifting weights to build muscle, and turn this belly fat to abs? I'm thinking I need to start small with 15lbs on each hand, do 50 sit-ups a day, 50 push-ups, 25 chin-ups on the bar, and build from that? Increasing slowly every week or two weeks?

1) Never believed in those "magical" beverages.
I've just followed my diet plan, and got some improvements: 145 pounds (6% bf) to 180 (10% bf) in 15 months. It's not a huge improvement, but I am happy with my progress :)
I follow a balanced diet (55% carb - 25% pro -20% fat) and i'm eating 3600kcal per day (would like to eat more, but damn it food is so expensive aahah).
2)
Actually you can't build muscle mass while burning fat!
Bodybuilders split the year into two parts:
  • The first one is the period where you gain as muscle mass as possible, eating a hypercaloric diet. But you can't gain only muscle mass and you will even acquire some fat mass;
  • The second one is the period where you burn the fat mass of the previous trying to lose the less muscle mass as possible (of course this part is not included if you're a sheet of paper)
If you are skinny, then start building some serious mass.
Go to your gym and ask them if they can make you a custom diet + workout plan :)

PS. Remember that in a physical improvement the diet counts so much more than training!

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
Thanks for clarifying that. See I'm skinny, no muscle, a little stomach fat (but reducing since this experience), and I have gyno.

I was thinking I had to get in shape as much as possible before having surgery to remove the gyno (and it's quite expensive)?

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
Thanks for clarifying that. See I'm skinny, no muscle, a little stomach fat (but reducing since this experience), and I have gyno.

I was thinking I had to get in shape as much as possible before having surgery to remove the gyno (and it's quite expensive)?

I don't have idea about that, I'm sorry. You should ask a surgeon how it works.
Anyway, in my opinion,
If the operation could compromise your chest muscle, then yes it's better to train it as much as possible before.
If not, that shouldn't be a problem :)

Last edited:

LamboKing

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Jul 1, 2016
Houston
I was doing some research and it seems like I think it works more favorable when you have worked out, as opposed to just getting it done.

andrewhook

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
185%
Oct 22, 2016
Italy
I was doing some research and it seems like I think it works more favorable when you have worked out, as opposed to just getting it done.
Got it!
Then If it helps, here's my mass-gain chest workout:
Bench Press 4*[12,10,8,6] (add weight after every set, i use 60 - 70 - 80 - 85kg)
Incline Dumbbell Press 4*[10,10,8,8] (I do the first two sets with 26kg and the second two with 28kg)
Peck-Deck machine 3*[10+10] + Push Ups to Muscle Failure (10reps with a high weight and immediately 10 with a low weight. Then immediately again push-ups until muscle failure)
Incline Bench Cable Fly 3*[ 3Drop Set to Muscle Failure] (Start with X kg and lift until Muscle failure. Immediately reduce weight and execute again until Muscle Failure. Immediately reduce weight again, and execute until Muscle failure)

Do it with a friend, you'll need him :fistbump:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.