The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to land a sales job with no experience and no degree

Idea threads

Djo

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
52%
Oct 31, 2022
Hi everyone.
I recently finished reading Unscripted by MJ and this is probably the best book I'll ever read in my entire life.
What I realized tho after reading the book is that I'm lacking so much world experience and most of the knowledge I have was gained through books and not real experiences. MJ talked about this a little bit in the book. I'm going through my first year of college ( I live in a third world country) and after reading the book I started seriously considering dropping out or taking a gap year to pursue my true ambitions in life. However I certainly need to secure a living as my dad clearly told me that he won't be giving me any money to live by if I decide to drop out of college ( I cannot describe the Semmelwashing I experienced those last couple of days ). I noticed a pattern amongst successful entrepreneurs in general, it's that they practiced sales at some point of their lives, and I think the next move for me will be trying to land a sales job, I don't know if I'll be able to do this, since I absolutely have no experience and obviously no college degree. I'm putting in the efforts right now to learn this skill through books.
Did any of you accomplish this ? What did you go through and what are the resources you used to learn sales ? Tell me about your stories and advice me please.
Thanks a lot.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Sales is one job that'll take just about anybody. Obviously if you want to break into tech or software sales this is not the case entirely since you need some pedigree due to competition for the roles. But even then its still possible. That aside all other sales jobs can be earned by simply applying, following up, and displaying you're competent. A big factor in sales is about handling rejection and most people don't want to sign up for that, hence the low entry barrier for sales jobs.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.