The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

Starting an Exteriors Company with No Experience

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

cashf1ow

PARKED
Feb 16, 2021
I've been kicking around the idea of starting an exterior repairs company-roofs, gutters, siding, shutters, decks, etc., but I have literally 0 experience or knowledge in this area. My general concept is to market, sell, and schedule jobs and then find subcontractors to physically do the work. If the business were to evolve then I would eventually hire my own crews for the physical work and for sales and office work with me at the top making the critical decisions. I have no idea how to price jobs or how to find reliable and quality subcontractors. Do I need a license to do this?

Does anyone have any experience or insight on this that they could share?

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Mike Partee

(Formerly UnrealCreative)
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Sep 20, 2016
San Juan
I've been kicking around the idea of starting an exterior repairs company-roofs, gutters, siding, shutters, decks, etc., but I have literally 0 experience or knowledge in this area. My general concept is to market, sell, and schedule jobs and then find subcontractors to physically do the work. If the business were to evolve then I would eventually hire my own crews for the physical work and for sales and office work with me at the top making the critical decisions. I have no idea how to price jobs or how to find reliable and quality subcontractors. Do I need a license to do this?

@GravyBoat does this.
@Borregoed also does local services but can't remember the scope at the moment.

Hope they can pitch in :)

claudek

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Jun 5, 2019

Love your boldness.

I can't help you but just for curiosity: which skills do you have?

Based on how you talk, you seem very confident about sales.

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
I am going to test this for a month and see how it goes... If anyone wants to join using Crypto...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
If you are in IDEA mode, text "IDEA" to the above number. If you are in LAUNCH/START mode, text...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
I have a long weekend off work.. bought your "Start a Freelance Business: Take Back Your...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Thanks for clearing that up. What do you recommend for those who are still in the process of...

Forum Sponsor

Over 100 Fastlane Students
More Details...

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom