The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to gain weight when you're skinny

thore

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Feb 20, 2015
Usually most people need to lose weight.
I have the opposite problem. I can not fatten.
So I decided to write this post to understand if someone had the same problem and how it solved.

I'm trying to gain weight. But it's very hard.
My standard weight is 49Kg. My maximum was 55Kg, but I hold only for 2 months.
In the last two months, I started to training at home and taking some proteins.

Any advice?
Thank you in advance

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• IMG_20180713_125918.jpg
    IMG_20180713_125918.jpg
    378.3 KB · Views: 20

Danny Sullivan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 2, 2018
Germany
Hey thore,

as someone who's skinny himself and always had problems adding weight, my tipps might not be of good use for you. Yet, since i've lost about 18kgs (39lbs) (~100kg to 82kg / 220lbs to 180lbs) maybe i'm wrong and they can actually help.

In my experiences there's 3 things that will add weight:
Carbohydrates
Sugar
Fat

And of course taking in more kcal than your body is using throughout the day.

What was i doing and eating, when i almost had 100kg?
I was working an office job, headed home, did some housework, played computer, went to bed.

As for eating:
3 slices of bread with Nutella or chocolate sprinkles for breakfast.
Something sweet or something hearty 2-3 hours later.
Quick meal for lunch. Maybe Pizza, Steak with Fries or anything like that.
Some sweets in between or maybe a whole pack of gummibaers or chocolate.
And finally something hearty for dinner or maybe just some bread with cheese and salami.

But i cannot advise anyone to do so. Simply because it will have unforseen consequences in the future (diabetes, clogged arteries, etc.)

So, what else can you do?

Healthy sources for Carbohydrates are: Oatmeal, Rice, Noodles (without egg preferably) and potatoes.
Rice and Oatmeal also have good protein values!

As for sugar (which is worldwide disease imo) - you can intake some industrial processed sugar, but i would stay within 20-30g a day (but preferably none). Any food packing that states "sugar, sugar syrup, glucose, fructose, barley malt, corn syrup" or similar contains processed sugar. If you got a 500ml Cola bottle and drink half of it - you're done with sugar for today.
I tend to eat a lot of fruits and vegetables - they won't add weight, but sure make for some nice side dish.

Fat is quite easy. Either you consum meat (high in cholesterol and red meat - beef, lamb, pork - has been classified as probable causes cancer), 20g of flax and sesame seed (make sure to crush them before eating (smoothie makers work good for this) - nature packed them in so good that our body can't process them uncrushed) and you can consume 30-40g nuts every day. You can also eat some eggs, but they're very high in cholesterol.

I think you'd have to figure out what amount of kcal your body spends over the day and eat kcal above that value. Most body mass index test (sorry i don't have a us based website for this) will also tell you your kcal drain for one day. The less processed your food is, the better.

Another tip is to eat close to going to bed. You might experience more bowel movements but your body enters a lower metabolic rate when you're sleeping and food isn't digested completely so your body starts to store the nutrients (fat, sugar) (because your body is not doing anything).

You can track what you eat with Cronometer, it's pretty simple.

Hope this helps. Maybe someone else can add to this or correct me if i'm wrong in certain things. This is just from my experiences.

Good process!

Last edited:

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
So I decided to write this post to understand if someone had the same problem and how it solved.

Any advice?
Thank you in advance

Follow this guy, it will be the best thing you ever did. This is an old video of his, watch it and check for some new ones too.

Check this one as well ...

Just remember, it takes hard work and dedication. It won't happen over night, perhaps 2 years, but it will work if you stick at it.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

Any advice?
Thank you in advance

Take calorie shakes daily:

250 - 500ml of milk
1 banana
3 scoops of peanut butter
1 avocado
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 scoops of protein powder
1 cup of oats
Half cup of water

Blend all the above and drink it throughout the day (finish 1/3 before breakfast, then lunch and the rest a few hours before dinner).

This should give you extra 800 - 1200 calories per day. If not enough, just increase the amout of ingredients. Make sure to take your three meals as well and make them high in (healthy) calories as well.

Training wise, follow the 5x5 stronglift program. Deadlifts, squats, bench press, barbell rows and overhead press, increase the load every gym session.

Move to the US. Even the air has sugar and bacon in it.

That's savage AF lol

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.