• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

O/T: Health Is it possible to gain weight / mass with just US$50 per month?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Xeon, Nov 12, 2017 at 4:10 AM.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Xeon

Xeon Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $516
    I'm currently trying to gain mass and bulk (no need for pure muscles), and I only have about US$50 per month. The rest of my salary, I'm spending it on my hustle and US$50 is the most I can fork out.

I'm currently on mass gainers but it's really expensive (costs me US$150+ for 2 tubs of 5 LBs powder monthly), and that $ can be spent on my hustle. Even protein powders are expensive cos' I still have to buy other ingredients to mix in with the powder (for caloric surplus) and the costs end up the same as the mass gainers.

Anyone tried successfully to gain weight on an extremely tight budget? Even using fast food to gain weight is expensive! lol

2. KrzyszWawrzyniak

KrzyszWawrzyniak Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $154
    Before you ask you should seriously think if you really need and want to gain mass, or just because that's what everybody is doing and you want to be as cool as everybody else?
    The fact that you're investing money in protein powders and other diet supplements makes me believe that you didn't make a lot of research about getting weight and this is why you're spending money on unnecessary supplementation.

Xeon likes this.
  3. Ascension

Ascension Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $299
    If you want to gain weight protein powder isn't your best option.
    Protein is extremely satiating and excess protein will make it hard for you to get the necessary calories in. Plus it's pretty much impossible not to get enough protein, especially in a calory surplus.

Your best budget options would be bulk packages of rice, beans, potatoes, grains etc. They are insanely cheap and you can get entire meals for a couple of cents.
    Oh and stay away from the junk food, not only is it not that cheap to begin with, but it's not worth it to ruin your health over a couple pounds of extra bodyweight

4. The-J

The-J Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $10,591
    eat more chicken + rice

5. Azure

Azure Perpetual Motion Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,021
    The cheapest high protein foods are stuff like lentils, beans, quinoa and tofu. Buy in bulk and there are a million things you can do with them recipe wise.

rogainer, Xeon and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  6. AgainstAllOdds

AgainstAllOdds Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $39,805
    Chili. Peanut butter.

When I was in college I'd just eat a lot of chili and peanut butter. Seriously. Get a jar of peanut butter. Get a big spoon. Sit down and start plowing. Slowly get used to injecting calories. A tablespoon of peanut butter is about 100 calories. Try to eat like 10 table spoons in a day.

Chili I ate was something like this:

[​IMG]

Dirt cheap to buy. You warm it up in the microwave and stuff your face.

Also replace your drinks with calories. Maybe milk. I replaced with weight gainer, but you're on more of a budget.

I bulked 30 pounds in a semester. I got the science down so well that my friends started calling me "tubby" and "lardass".

Another tip: adopt the "see food diet". When you see food, eat it.

7. Azure

Azure Perpetual Motion Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,021
    @AgainstAllOdds

No idea how I forgot peanut butter. Chili is a great choice for bulking as well, but for your kidneys sake I would recommend making a big batch and freezing left overs. Those cans are loaded with sodium.

Scot, Xeon and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  8. Limitless4Life

Limitless4Life Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $440
    (1) Eat a spoon of peanut butter every 30 minutes in addition to your regular meals. If that’s not working, make a shake before bed with whole milk, protein, ice cream, nuts, anything that adds more calories. Don’t worry too much about eating clean.
    (2) watch the scale go up

Edward1975, Xeon and AgainstAllOdds like this.
  9. oldirty

oldirty Shark Hunter Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $268

Xeon and Limitless4Life like this.
  10. Bdenner64

Bdenner64 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $937
    Another option is to buy a crockpot and just throw in 5lb hunks of chuck roast.

Toss the roast in for 8 hours and you end up with almost 3kcal for 20 bucks. Pretty healthy calories and considering its 80% protein this is cheap.

11. LifestyleGem

LifestyleGem Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $28
    Well..... guys... I see a bunch of pictures of beans and such but.....

Is $50 the most you're willing to pay for a better body? Some things require investment, and you usually get what you pay for.

12. Azure

Rep Bank:
    $2,021
    I'm surprised he didn't recommend a post meal Trenbolone shot in the video

13. Fox

Fox Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $43,202
    Learn how to make more money.

There are 100s of hustles on here where you could make that money easy.

Read @SinisterLex upwork threads.

Then go have a steak sandwich.

SquatchMan, Bdenner64, Water and 11 others like this.
  14. GPM

GPM Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $3,678
    For the love of God don't eat those "mass gainer" powders! Have you even read the ingredients? It is essentially just powdered high fructose corn syrup. That is NOT what you want to be putting in your body.

Get a crock pot and buy the cheapest cuts of meat you can find. Google some barbacoa or crock pot recipes and simmer that stuff on low for 8 hours and it will be fantastic.

15. Azure

Rep Bank:
    $2,021
    There are mass gainers that are not loaded with artificial sugars, but you won't find them in the clearance aisle.

AgainstAllOdds and Xeon like this.
  16. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,054
    Personally I found it nearly impossible when I was trying to hit the recommended 0.75 - 1g per lb body weight recommendation you see everywhere.

I found that at 170 lbs, hitting 170 grams of protein is damn rough.

I'd eat 3 eggs for breakfast, a protein shake after workout, a can of sardines with soba noodles for lunch, some kind of meat for dinner, snack on greek yogurt, and I'd still barely be pushing 100-120 g of protein.

It's just a lot of damn food and while it was okay the first day or so, it gets old really quickly. I felt like I was structuring my entire day around stuffing my face. I'm sure it becomes a habit quickly enough and if getting "huge" was my only goal I'm sure it's not too bad but as someone who was just trying to gain a bit of muscle as one of many aspects of my life it was pretty hard.

Yeah, I have to agree with this the most though. I made $4-500 USD in about 4-5 hours worth of work on a copy job recently on upwork. Do this ONCE per month and you've covered your eating bill.

17. Azure

Rep Bank:
    $2,021
    Its supposed to be 0.75 gr of protein per lb of LEAN body mass, not total weight. Subtract fat and bone weight and you are looking at a significsntly lower number.

18. JAJT

JAJT Ha Ha! Business Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $46,054
    Huh, somehow this is the first I've heard it described this way. Good to know.

19. Azure

Rep Bank:
    $2,021
    This changes if you are taking any special vitamins, in which case the extra protein may be needed.

Xeon and rogainer like this.
  20. Ascension

Ascension Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED

Rep Bank:
    $299
    "Vitamins" :D

Xeon likes this.
  21. Azure

Rep Bank:
    $2,021
    A lot of people underestimate how much extra you need to eat on a bulking cycle. Some anabolics make you VERY hungry

22. mrarcher

mrarcher Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,939
    I do strength training 3-6 days a week (sometimes mix in some bodybuilding stuff) and just eat what I need. I don't bother with powders or any of that noise and have gained 12kg the past year. It's not a lot sure, but my strength has shot way up and to me that's more useful than "big."

23. StevieB

StevieB Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,474
    It depends on the goal. If simply gaining weight is, then I agree.

Whey protein is good for encouraging muscle growth but only if you lift weights regularly, which in effect will make you gain weight. I buy mine in 5lbs bags from Costco when they go on sale and they last months.

Kodiak Power Cakes are good to.

Xeon likes this.
  24. Vincent_Vega

Vincent_Vega Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $116
    Azure and Xeon like this.
  25. rogainer

rogainer 10 2 10 Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $792
    This guy knows what's up. To expand:

You don't need mass gainer. You can load up on all these staples for under $50 and they will last you multiple months.

Grains:
    RICE
    QUINOA

Protein:
    BEANS
    LENTILS
    TOFU

Carbs:
    POTATOS
    OATS

Produce:
    BANANAS call grocers, preferably smaller local ones, they might sell flats of ripe bananas for huge discounts. Freeze them so they don't go bad, use in smoothies. I've paid $10 for a 30 pound flat before. (that's 0.30/lbs, usually .50-.90/lbs)
    Go to costco and get mondo bags of spinach and broccoli. Eat veggies with every meal!!!