The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find a kick a$$ peer group?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Roark666

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 6, 2020
Los Angeles
This will be a sequel to my first thread regarding how people suck. I feel alive and well again but I still hold that sentiment. Most people will never make it in life and will try to drag you down if you change. How to find people who are 100% committed to growing and fighting for a better life? I was thinking paid forums. Do you guys have a separate chat on the paid forums here

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
The first place to start is with yourself, are you the type of person that kick a$$ people would want to be around? If not, what can you work on to improve?

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
The first place to start is with yourself, are you the type of person that kick a$$ people would want to be around? If not, what can you work on to improve?
I agree. This is first.
This will be a sequel to my first thread regarding how people suck. I feel alive and well again but I still hold that sentiment. Most people will never make it in life and will try to drag you down if you change. How to find people who are 100% committed to growing and fighting for a better life? I was thinking paid forums. Do you guys have a separate chat on the paid forums here
The second thing is take a look at where you are. Let's be real, you want to be surrounded by these people. A forum or a chat isn't going to cut it. You want to be able to hang. You want them to be your friends and you want to be their friend.

So go to places where they go. Pony up $1,000 and go to a Tony Robbins seminar. Then pony up five grand and go to the higher up seminar.

That big price tag weeds out a lot of riff Raff. You want people that are committed to self-improvement? $5K says commitment.

What else do these people that you want to be friends with do? Where do they hang? Where do they live?

Ask around your local gyms. Ask where the business people go. Ask where the hustlers go. Show up really early in the morning. See who the hustlers are.

Sure you can ask yourself where they hang online... And plenty of people here on this forum have made solid connections. (Go to the next summit).

But those connections are eventually made stronger by getting together. By meeting in real life.

If you're stuck in a meh town, move.

I know for a fact I wouldn't have the network I have if I hadn't been lucky enough to accidentally move to Phoenix Arizona. There's no way I would become the person I am either. This is a place where people move to make their mark. To live a good life.

I love Bethlehem Pennsylvania, where I'm from, and I still have my group of boys from high school that I hang out with every now and then. Three have successfully climbed corporate ladders, the one I thought would end up most successful is absolutely the least. But I am so glad I didn't stay. It's great to visit. But I wanted more for my life.

Improve yourself. Improve your surroundings. Put yourself in places where it is easier to meet these people.

And then be interesting.

Hope that helps.

Edit:
One more thought. I just noticed you're in LA, so you should be able to find "your people".

Create the group that will attract the people you want to attract. Start a Facebook group, a LinkedIn group, a meetup group, a workout group, some kind of club, and name it something that the group will identify with. Then promote it a little bit and see who shows up.

Last edited:

Vadim26

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2018
Vancouver, BC.
I recently joined Entrepreneur Toastmasters Club (believe me, it’s the thing). It’s like normal toastmasters club, but focused on business and entrepreneurship.

Almost every single member is a successful entrepreneur of some sort.

I finally met my people!

Roark666

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 6, 2020
Los Angeles
I agree. This is first.

The second thing is take a look at where you are. Let's be real, you want to be surrounded by these people. A forum or a chat isn't going to cut it. You want to be able to hang. You want them to be your friends and you want to be their friend.

So go to places where they go. Pony up $1,000 and go to a Tony Robbins seminar. Then pony up five grand and go to the higher up seminar.

That big price tag weeds out a lot of riff Raff. You want people that are committed to self-improvement? $5K says commitment.

What else do these people that you want to be friends with do? Where do they hang? Where do they live?

Ask around your local gyms. Ask where the business people go. Ask where the hustlers go. Show up really early in the morning. See who the hustlers are.

Sure you can ask yourself where they hang online... And plenty of people here on this forum have made solid connections. (Go to the next summit).

But those connections are eventually made stronger by getting together. By meeting in real life.

If you're stuck in a meh town, move.

I know for a fact I wouldn't have the network I have if I hadn't been lucky enough to accidentally move to Phoenix Arizona. There's no way I would become the person I am either. This is a place where people move to make their mark. To live a good life.

I love Bethlehem Pennsylvania, where I'm from, and I still have my group of boys from high school that I hang out with every now and then. Three have successfully climbed corporate ladders, the one I thought would end up most successful is absolutely the least. But I am so glad I didn't stay. It's great to visit. But I wanted more for my life.

Improve yourself. Improve your surroundings. Put yourself in places where it is easier to meet these people.

And then be interesting.

Hope that helps.

Edit:
One more thought. I just noticed you're in LA, so you should be able to find "your people".

Create the group that will attract the people you want to attract. Start a Facebook group, a LinkedIn group, a meetup group, a workout group, some kind of club, and name it something that the group will identify with. Then promote it a little bit and see who shows up.
Thanks will use this advice. This forum is awesome.

Roark666

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 6, 2020
Los Angeles
I believe so. I'm motivated and take action though I'm no where even CLOSE to where I want to be in life

B.Cotter

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
144%
Apr 23, 2020
Northern VA
Between high school and college I worked with 4-5 small business owners in their brick and mortar businesses. Most owners of these types of businesses physically work in them. Find some of these businesses that offer a product you like, become a return customer. Converse with the staff (and owner) and you'd be surprised how open and friendly some of these owners are.

In my last job as a director of operations for a small food group, I met a countless number of other local entrepreneurs. Most of which were because they liked our product, they would come in as a customer, and they would start up a conversation asking questions about our business. Be personable and open and you'd be surprised by how many opportunities reveal themselves to make connections.

Hwil4321

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 1, 2020
Stoke-on-Trent
This is a problem I have, I have been working for myself on my business for over a year now, and it is lonely, no coworkers, my friends all work 9-5 and I tend to be busy when they aren't, same with family. It's very hard to build a circle of like-minded people especially with the lockdowns etc.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.