The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Fake A Best Seller

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Amazon has another really big problem that they are still ignoring.

As soon as any book becomes popular, there are 5 copies competing with it. They are very unresponsive to writer requests to deal with the fraud, despite the fact that it would be very easy to implement an automatic screen system.

http://debmcalister.com/2012/07/15/tell-amazon-com-to-stop-ebook-scammers/

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CPisHere

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Sep 17, 2011
Louisiana
Yes, but the problem is, 1-2 stars reviews are often fake too :(
Good point. I don't pay attention to the COUNT of the 1 and 2 stars - but read these reviews for quality points about why they gave the rating.

hestati

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Jan 14, 2014
San Diego, Cali
I know it doesn't apply to the books, but here's how I'm approaching it for my product.

Say I want 20 reviews. I post to review group but say "hey, tell me how much you want to pay for this item and what kind of review you will leave (text, pics, video)." I then choose the top paying. This way I get people who are at least remotely interested in my product and don't just want freebies

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.