The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Much Time do You Leave to Socialize?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
The post title says it all. I'm curious what everyone's position on spending time with family and friends is. How high of a priority is it for you?

I try to spend time with family or friends at least once per week for about 2-3 hours. I'm not in a relationship right now which has freed up a lot of my time. I don't feel deprived of socialization, but as with anything fun, it would be nice to be able to see the people I care about more often. I think living with a roommate (My brother) helps smooth out the times when I don't have time in the week to see people.

Also, what strategies do you have in place to make time to socialize? Is it scheduled or do you just leave it open?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
The post title says it all. I'm curious what everyone's position on spending time with family and friends is. How high of a priority is it for you?

I try to spend time with family or friends at least once per week for about 2-3 hours. I'm not in a relationship right now which has freed up a lot of my time. I don't feel deprived of socialization, but as with anything fun, it would be nice to be able to see the people I care about more often. I think living with a roommate (My brother) helps smooth out the times when I don't have time in the week to see people.

Also, what strategies do you have in place to make time to socialize? Is it scheduled or do you just leave it open?

Family (parents) : Probably 10 - 15 hrs a week.
Non-family : 2 hours a week or less

I leave it open for family, and scheduled for non-family.

Just curious, how old are you? From your profile pic, you seem about 15 - 16?
:cool:

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Family (parents) : Probably 10 - 15 hrs a week.
Non-family : 2 hours a week or less

I leave it open for family, and scheduled for non-family.

Just curious, how old are you? From your profile pic, you seem about 15 - 16?
:cool:
I'm 56 and dermatologists hate me.

Not really, I'm actually 21. That photo just makes me look extra young I guess.

Guest921Y

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
187%
Apr 2, 2019
100% of the time with family and friends.

My wife is my business partner, and we're together most of the time, every day. When the kids aren't at school, they're with us as well. And when I'm not with my wife/kids, I'm probably with my friends (most of whom are entrepreneurs).

So, business and social life are completely blended, and I'm constantly immersed in both.

This is awesome! I wish my circle of friends were entrepreneurs!

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
100% of the time with family and friends.

My wife is my business partner, and we're together most of the time, every day. When the kids aren't at school, they're with us as well. And when I'm not with my wife/kids, I'm probably with my friends (most of whom are entrepreneurs).

So, business and social life are completely blended, and I'm constantly immersed in both.
That sounds amazing! It's nice to hear something like that is possible.

Thanks for sharing

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
Truthfully I don't spend much time socializing with that many people as I'm always thinking of my next venture I speak to my family from time to time.
Does it feel like something you need to change or are you happy with the way things are?

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston

I always make time to hang out with my son and husband at night, and even when I do work later I make sure to do it in the common area so that way we are at least together. Actual present social time though is usually 1-2 hours a day during the week and more on the weekends.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
I always make time to hang out with my son and husband at night, and even when I do work later I make sure to do it in the common area so that way we are at least together. Actual present social time though is usually 1-2 hours a day during the week and more on the weekends.
Haha love the gif

Do you ever find having your work area around your family is distracting, or is it beneficial to your focus?

ds_groundupbiz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Oct 9, 2018
Houston, TX
Hello Connor,

I am 24 and weekly I spend about 6-8 hours with friends, and 6-8 hours with family. Although I believe I am primarily an introvert, there are times when I desperately crave being around others (not necessarily direct social interaction).

Time management is so critical to our processes and execution of the Fastlane so I am trying to reduce a small amount of wasted time with friends... that time we spend talking about nothing or playing video games.

I wish you the best of luck for finding the appropriate balance for you! The real goal is to not waste your time or have others mindless waste your time for you. :)

ideasunlimited1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Mar 21, 2019
Houston
Haha love the gif

Do you ever find having your work area around your family is distracting, or is it beneficial to your focus?
I have to do my deep, intense focus away from sound..but I can manage with emails/phone calls. I find the sound to be kind of helpful in charging me to get things done.

NandoJr

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Mar 4, 2019
Only time i put aside for friends is when I go to the gym, we usually go at the same time! Family usually about 3-4 hours one day, usually on the weekend since that's when everyone else is off. A little hard hanging out with friends when they're not entrepreneurs cause we don't meet eye to eye on certain things but overall still have a good time hanging out. Find a balance that works best for you and doesn't cut into your work time :hilarious::thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.