The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How much does a Lamborghini really cost?

Sbhatti

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 28, 2016
Awesome man, such great motivation I'm glad you got what you worked for! Hopefully the same will go for me.

View attachment 11260

This thread is written thanks to @Vigilante for sharing his story on his radio show the other week.

The 2015 price tag according to Car and Driver is $400,995. Great! Let me go down to the ATM and make a withdrawal.

What if I'm being serious? What if you actually do have $400,995 in disposable income to drive down to the Lamborghini dealership right now and actually buy this car?

How did that money get in your bank account to begin with?

You just sold your internet business to a hedge fund.

Ahh, the day every aspiring internet entrepreneur has been waiting for. It all started with an idea, and a desire to make a lot of money, and this is where it led you: A series of checks written fora grand total of $23,850,150 and deposited into your bank account.

Imagine the look on the bank teller's face when you go to deposit those checks.

Can you not do anything except stare back at her with a goofy smile of bliss that stretches ear to ear, almost plastered on your face.

Your face turning red from the excitement of accomplishing the unaccomplishable.

Do you ever think about what you're going to do next?

I mean, you have the money, you have the cars, and you have the freedom.

I actually don't know what I'd do. I'd probably drive the car to get some pizza, hoping nobody scratches the car in the parking lot, before I go home and go to sleep.

I could travel the world, but then my Lamborghini would be sitting in the garage for an entire year.

Do I even want the car anymore, now that I could afford to have it?

These are all good questions, but there is still one question left unanswered...

What does all of this actually cost?

That money didn't come from nowhere.

November 14th, 2011 - I decided I wanted to become a millionaire.

At the beginning, it all starts with a dream. A dream of a better life, with the inspiration and motivation to get started.

Didn't it seem just so...easy, when you were first getting started?
  • Code that website, and make millions of dollars.
  • Create that app, and watch the money roll in.
  • Build that empire....but without putting in the world to actually get there.
The work? The frustration? The pain? The sacrifices?

No...you got me all wrong, that's not part of my plan. I want the Lamborghini, I don't want pain or frustration. Who would want any of that?

I had no clue what I was doing in the beginning, but I didn't let that stop me.

This is where you want to give up, but what happens if you keep pushing forward?

I spent four months teaching myself how to code: HTML, CSS, Javascript, SQL, PHP.

My website was coded and the money didn't roll in.

During those 4 months, I stayed up well past the sunrise, gained 30 pounds because my diet consisted of fast food and cheetos to numb the pain of getting no results.

I didn't leave my house except to go to the store and buy food, I went on one date and the girl was creeped out because I lost most of my social skills coding in front of a computer for 20 hours a day.

I began suffering from sleep paralysis, where I would wake up, and not be able to move for a few minutes while half my my mind is still in dream world (my eyes were open, but I was still in a dream).

20 hours a day...in front of a computer.

Nobody signed up, and I just spent 4 months of my life building something nobody wanted.

Four months, 20 hours a day...not a single dollar. Not a single user.

This is where you want to give up, but what happens if you keep pushing forward?

Down to $250 in my bank account and on the edge of breaking, I needed a change.

I drove 2,000 miles across the country to Scottsdale, Arizona because I read about a lot of millionaires living there.

The mentorship I was expecting to be handed to me was replaced by the 5 a.m. shift at a customer service job that I hated.

At the end of work everyday, I loaded my self up with pre-workout energy supplements, killed it at the gym, until I went home and passed out on my bed until 3 in the morning, only to repeat the cycle again.

While my friends went out on the weekends, I read books on marketing and business. I stayed in for 2 years in a row for virtually every weekend...while my friends were getting drunk, partying, going to music festivals, and going to Vegas or San Diego to have fun in the moment.

I worked 7 days a week for 2 years straight..without getting paid a dime for most of it.

After 18 months, I made my first dollar online.

I made a few thousand dollars in the upcoming months, only to see that slowly fade away, until I was back to making nothing.

Yes, still working on the weekends for "free".

This is where you want to give up, but
what happens if you keep pushing forward?

I then proceeded to dump my entire savings into advertising for my business, and lost it all.

One month, I had $14 in my bank account after my rent check just cleared. I kept pushing forward...

In 2013, I then decided to chase the money, and the hot thing was promoting "less-than-perfect" affiliate products on sites that will not be mentioned here.

I lost all my money again, and barely made rent this time.

And my Facebook advertising account got banned as a result of this.

Ok, so my money is gone, my friends have left me behind, I have no advertising account anymore, and I've failed multiple times for two years straight.

I get a promotion at my day job to the corporate office, and decide to build some apps in my spare time.

Still exhausted after my even longer work days at the corporate office, I spend 4 hours each night and every weekend building my app business.

My apps get rejected...

I keep pushing forward. My apps were rejected 16 times in a row for five months straight.

I kept pushing forward, my apps were approved, I made $10,000 in one month a couple of months later, quit my job, and then spent 6 months partying and traveling the country.

Oh, when I quit my job, it was right after I was offered a six-figure per year promotion. Most people would jump on it, but I quit....what's the best that could happen?

I was celebrating my success, I was living off of passive income, and I was on top of the world.

But what happens when you're at the top of the world?

The only direction you can go is DOWN.

My apps lost their rankings, I lost everything I built up on Christmas day 2014.

So here I am, at the age of 28, I'm forced to live in my parents house while my (old) friends are there collecting their steady paycheck every week, partying on their nights and weekends, spending all their money on weekend road trips.

I hunkered down, kept pushing forward, and finally fixed my business....and moved back across the country to put the grim reminder of where this all started, and those sleep-paralysis nights behind me.
  • In 2014, I began making $100+ per day.
  • In 2015, I crossed the threshold and made over $1,650 in one day (at my best day so far).
October 2015: Here is an excerpt out of my book that I'm writing, about The Journey....
View attachment 11261

and a few paragraphs later....
View attachment 11262

So what caused all of this and me to rush to the emergency room at 2 in the morning, only to be told that they didn't accept my health insurance?

I don't want to spoil the book, but it's a direct result of the journey I chose to take towards that goal, and a result of choosing a way of life most people give up on.

How much does a Lamborghini cost?

• Sacrificed my nights and weekends,
  • and friends,
  • Put all my money into my business, and lost it all multiple times,
  • Had to live with my parents in 2014 at the age of 28 when I let it all crash the first time,
  • Began experiencing heart palpitations for a month straight, constant bloodshot eyes from staring at a computer screen all day,
  • Creating a business that has impacted over 900,000 people to day (yes, there's some positive to it..and the TRUE cost is helping lots of other people..but that's saved for a different post).
My journey is probably a lot easier than a lot of other people who have "made it" to their destination.

It's filled with highs, and most people never talk about the lows, but they are always there.

So the next time you ask yourself "How much does a Lamborghini cost?" and how can I afford one?

You now have your answer...The question now is, do you even still want it?

View attachment 11263
Now my questions for you...
  • Does the journey necessarily have to be rough?
  • Can you enjoy yourself in the process?
  • Is it right for you?
  • Does it really come down to what makes you happy in life where you are now, regardless of what path you choose?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

OddJack

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Sep 15, 2016
I know it's not (that) related to the post but Lamborghini Huracan can be had for $220K New.

Ilhan

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jan 6, 2017
Netherlands
I do not have any experience so far, so please just ignore this if it's bad information, but:

I feel like there's a limit to where you as a human being (anyone else too) should try crossing the Fast lane. There's working 18 hours a day with exercise, enough breaks and going outside to keep yourself healthy, and there's working 18 hours a day working every minute you can. If you want to retire rich and early, why not be healthy aswell? If it takes you 1 year of work more, but you can live 10 years longer, how's that not worth it?

and for the friends, i guess not everyone needs friends but some friends to hang out with every now and then won't make it impossible for u to reach your goal. Being committed is very good, but overcommitting might not be.

again i'm very unexperienced so i don't feel like i am someone who has the right to give advice on such a forum but please keep your health at mind, there's no reason to "retire early" only to get a disease that prevents u from enjoying the time u got to the fullest

Lucious

Lucious
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
163%
Oct 13, 2016
Australia
I do not have any experience so far, so please just ignore this if it's bad information, but:

I feel like there's a limit to where you as a human being (anyone else too) should try crossing the Fast lane. There's working 18 hours a day with exercise, enough breaks and going outside to keep yourself healthy, and there's working 18 hours a day working every minute you can. If you want to retire rich and early, why not be healthy aswell? If it takes you 1 year of work more, but you can live 10 years longer, how's that not worth it?

and for the friends, i guess not everyone needs friends but some friends to hang out with every now and then won't make it impossible for u to reach your goal. Being committed is very good, but overcommitting might not be.

again i'm very unexperienced so i don't feel like i am someone who has the right to give advice on such a forum but please keep your health at mind, there's no reason to "retire early" only to get a disease that prevents u from enjoying the time u got to the fullest

Be an observer , Do you know any millionaires or people who own lambos? Observe their habits, energy levels, health, relationships and their life stories.

Would you trade places with them?

In my case so far I haven't really met anyone who is worth millions that I would trade places with.

Would you rather have a beer and a chat with someone who has spent 300k plus on a car ,
or someone who has spent 300k plus on creating:
  • life experiences
  • memories that last forever
  • a life that could be featured into a movie
Who would be more interesting to be around?

Just my 2 cents, yet again I don't really care for cars.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Would you rather have a beer and a chat with someone who has spent 300k plus on a car ,
or someone who has spent 300k plus on creating:
  • life experiences
  • memories that last forever
  • a life that could be featured into a movie
Who would be more interesting to be around?

Door #3 - I'd rather be the one living the life that could be featured in a movie ;)

Maybe I'll add that to my goals for 2018! Nothing like having a movie after your life!

AlexanderSuper

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Oct 3, 2015
Italy/Costa Rica
Fantastic post, Andrew. I hope your health is okay now? That's some pretty scary stuff.

One thing I really liked about this post is something most will overlook.

This. The majority who hold the non-journey/slowlane mindset will cast you out as insane for initially working "for free" (thanks to our event-driven society) when, in fact, they don't realize they are doing the exact same thing with their jobs.
This video another user posted recently was a fantastic watch and there is one part in particular I really enjoyed that most just don't understand. It's at 1:24:17 for those who wish to see what I'm talking about.

Your post was something I needed to see today and I'm very happy I did. Thanks again, Andrew. +Rep
THIS VIDEO IS GREAT!!! I FOUND IT HERE ONE YEAR AGO AND LOVED IT!!!

Last edited:

Alexo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jul 1, 2016
Great post!
What are we willing to sacrifice for success?
Health?
Weekends?
Friends?
Family?
Where do we draw the line?
Because there will be sacrifices.

Exactly my thoughts. A lot of times I think to myself how should I live 100 or so years of my life, is the hard hard work and pain worth it? I guess everyone has their own answer.

GuitarManDan

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
677%
Feb 28, 2017
NYC
Really enjoyed this post, thanks for sharing. The part that stood out the most to me is highlighting the specific grueling moments where it would've been much easier to call it quits and give it up, but regardless, pushing through the struggles and not backing down.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Cars aren't my thing. Travel is - so that's what I've been doing for a few years now.

We are right there with you. I drive my $1300 work van to the gas station and if I leave the keys in it and it's gone when I return.... ooppssss. Besides, when you go places in a hot car like that.... you become the monkey in the zoo. Everyone thinks they need to look at it and talk to you. I get that it's a cool car but the fame gets old and causes stress. That's the same reason I don't want to buy the 1929 Ford pickup we saw last weekend at a car show..... been there, done that. I'd rather drive the family van to Miami and look like an old man along the way. Traveling is where it's at!

Fortune5ive

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Feb 24, 2017
New Jersey
I think those who want the title of an entrepreneur are obsessed with struggle and almost anticipate some pending fight with success or in route to success. I think there's a simple solutions in life and in business but many of "us" want to overthink crap and overcomplicate things as to come off as brilliant so our story sounds more interesting. I know of Apple resellers and gift-card hustlers that drive Aventadors. Reselling isn't brilliant nor is it innovative but these people make big cash. The volume of cash they move in and out on a daily basis is amazing. Hundreds of thousands. I'm not fighting crap. It's all about timing and flow. I recall seeing this show on millionaires and they profiled the guy who created "hillbilly teeth". He made $250 million off that bs idea. Go figure. Everybody can't be the head of Oracle or Amazon so chill.

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
I wouldnt simply go down to the Lambo dealership and buy one because they are all automatics now. Id be looking for a manual Murcielago. :smile2:

Counter

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
May 21, 2018
Lamborghini is a hell of brand, man. But to get this piece of technology, you need to fork out a lot of cash, The cheapest Lambo is the Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 whichhas a base price of $199,805.The most expensive is Lamborghini Veneno $4.5 Million.

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
Lamborghini is a hell of brand, man. But to get this piece of technology, you need to fork out a lot of cash, The cheapest Lambo is the Lamborghini Huracan LP580-2 whichhas a base price of $199,805.The most expensive is Lamborghini Veneno $4.5 Million.

There was one one here going for 50k cash. Owner passed away, unemployed wife needed to pay off mortgage debt. I put it on eBay,too much for her (with the agreement that id take a cut.) Pay cash and you can take it now was the deal. No end of people who wanted to offer a payment plan(want happens if they welch) or wanted it delivered(sure,can hire someone, but they didn't want to pay for that ) or send things like "if it's worth that much put it in an auction house: or by pay by personal check (thing was she needed the money quick) in the end she had to get loan on the lambos to save the house(better than the offers) and when the loan came due, didn't have the funds) lambos got repossessed, so lender got a (I think spider? But spelled strangely) for about 50k.

edit
My bad I'm not a motor guy it was a '95 countouach anniversary 2 door. It wasn't worth 50k according to the market.

Cash is king

Last edited:

annagreenang

New Contributor
Jul 6, 2018
Essex, CT
Love the story ! thank you for the motivation.

One thing I will never get is people trying to "buy" their social status and pretending something they are not.

I think its a confidence problem, seriously I have a friend who recently "bought " a mercedes CLA.. just a 40K car right ? nothing fancy...

BUT the guy currently makes 0$ a month [ unemployed, he saved around 100K a few years back working in sales]

Well.. the guy puts around 15,000$ down and now has to pay around 800$ a month...and currently has NO INCOME, or even a plan. [ he says he'll buy a franchise or something... lol]

And when I tell him "what are you doing bro ??? why do u waste your money on a freaking car when u have 0 icnome "
he tells me " well I bought a Mercedes, I didnt lease it, like the pretenders do " .

Dude, bro, you owe around 60% of the value of you car, its your BANKs car not your car !

I laughed.

I can afford to buy a mercedes CASH right now [ not a big deal, im just proving a point ] and I would never ever do that until I have at least a few streams of serous income and like MJ said, untill I feel like its a "gum" which means I buy it cash and dont even remember if I paid or not... and if I did pay and forget screw it charge the card again just in case, lol

I'll drive a corolla all day but ill NEVER EVER have my freedom taken from me again. and when I make my millions maybe ill buy some lambos just for the fun,not to show off and not to get girls, I was getting girls even when I was taking ubers to clubs because I just moved and didnt drive ( true story ) .

Use your brain people, dont pay money that you don't have and blow it on a freaking car. thats how the markets crashed in 2008, because of the freaking PRETENDERS.

Cheers guys,

Thank you for sharing your views, I find them quite useful.

Thomas Baptiste

Guide Yourself!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Jun 8, 2018
Commonwealth of Dominica
View attachment 11260

View attachment 11263

Damn, the hard truth. The truth I didn't want to accept. You utterly destroyed the fantasy I led myself to believe in. Truth be told, I want the leverage money will bring. The freedom of choice. The power. But what is it worth to gain the whole world but lose your soul. Losing everything to gain everything.

João Luz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jan 15, 2019
Brasil
View attachment 11260

This thread is written thanks to @Vigilante for sharing his story on his radio show the other week.

The 2015 price tag according to Car and Driver is $400,995. Great! Let me go down to the ATM and make a withdrawal.

What if I'm being serious? What if you actually do have $400,995 in disposable income to drive down to the Lamborghini dealership right now and actually buy this car?

Ahh, the day every aspiring internet entrepreneur has been waiting for. It all started with an idea, and a desire to make a lot of money, and this is where it led you: A series of checks written fora grand total of $23,850,150 and deposited into your bank account.

Can you not do anything except stare back at her with a goofy smile of bliss that stretches ear to ear, almost plastered on your face.

Your face turning red from the excitement of accomplishing the unaccomplishable.

I actually don't know what I'd do. I'd probably drive the car to get some pizza, hoping nobody scratches the car in the parking lot, before I go home and go to sleep.

I could travel the world, but then my Lamborghini would be sitting in the garage for an entire year.

These are all good questions, but there is still one question left unanswered...

At the beginning, it all starts with a dream. A dream of a better life, with the inspiration and motivation to get started.

No...you got me all wrong, that's not part of my plan. I want the Lamborghini, I don't want pain or frustration. Who would want any of that?

I spent four months teaching myself how to code: HTML, CSS, Javascript, SQL, PHP.

During those 4 months, I stayed up well past the sunrise, gained 30 pounds because my diet consisted of fast food and cheetos to numb the pain of getting no results.

I didn't leave my house except to go to the store and buy food, I went on one date and the girl was creeped out because I lost most of my social skills coding in front of a computer for 20 hours a day.

I began suffering from sleep paralysis, where I would wake up, and not be able to move for a few minutes while half my my mind is still in dream world (my eyes were open, but I was still in a dream).

Nobody signed up, and I just spent 4 months of my life building something nobody wanted.

I drove 2,000 miles across the country to Scottsdale, Arizona because I read about a lot of millionaires living there.

The mentorship I was expecting to be handed to me was replaced by the 5 a.m. shift at a customer service job that I hated.

At the end of work everyday, I loaded my self up with pre-workout energy supplements, killed it at the gym, until I went home and passed out on my bed until 3 in the morning, only to repeat the cycle again.

While my friends went out on the weekends, I read books on marketing and business. I stayed in for 2 years in a row for virtually every weekend...while my friends were getting drunk, partying, going to music festivals, and going to Vegas or San Diego to have fun in the moment.

I worked 7 days a week for 2 years straight..without getting paid a dime for most of it.

After 18 months,
I made my first dollar online.

I made a few thousand dollars in the upcoming months, only to see that slowly fade away, until I was back to making nothing.

I then proceeded to dump my entire savings into advertising for my business, and lost it all.

One month, I had $14 in my bank account after my rent check just cleared. I kept pushing forward...

In 2013, I then decided to chase the money, and the hot thing was promoting "less-than-perfect" affiliate products on sites that will not be mentioned here.

Ok, so my money is gone, my friends have left me behind, I have no advertising account anymore, and I've failed multiple times for two years straight.

I get a promotion at my day job to the corporate office, and decide to build some apps in my spare time.

Still exhausted after my even longer work days at the corporate office, I spend 4 hours each night and every weekend building my app business.

My apps get rejected...

I keep pushing forward. My apps were rejected 16 times in a row for five months straight.

I kept pushing forward, my apps were approved, I made $10,000 in one month a couple of months later, quit my job, and then spent 6 months partying and traveling the country.

Oh, when I quit my job, it was right after I was offered a six-figure per year promotion. Most people would jump on it, but I quit....what's the best that could happen?

I was celebrating my success, I was living off of passive income, and I was on top of the world.

My apps lost their rankings, I lost everything I built up on Christmas day 2014.

So here I am, at the age of 28, I'm forced to live in my parents house while my (old) friends are there collecting their steady paycheck every week, partying on their nights and weekends, spending all their money on weekend road trips.

I hunkered down, kept pushing forward, and finally fixed my business....and moved back across the country to put the grim reminder of where this all started, and those sleep-paralysis nights behind me.
  • In 2015, I crossed the threshold and made over $1,650 in one day (at my best day so far).
October 2015: Here is an excerpt out of my book that I'm writing, about The Journey....
View attachment 11261

View attachment 11262

So what caused all of this and me to rush to the emergency room at 2 in the morning, only to be told that they didn't accept my health insurance?

I don't want to spoil the book, but it's a direct result of the journey I chose to take towards that goal, and a result of choosing a way of life most people give up on.

• and friends,
  • Had to live with my parents in 2014 at the age of 28 when I let it all crash the first time,
  • Began experiencing heart palpitations for a month straight, constant bloodshot eyes from staring at a computer screen all day,
  • Creating a business that has impacted over 900,000 people to day (yes, there's some positive to it..and the TRUE cost is helping lots of other people..but that's saved for a different post).
My journey is probably a lot easier than a lot of other people who have "made it" to their destination.

It's filled with highs, and most people never talk about the lows, but they are always there.

So the next time you ask yourself "How much does a Lamborghini cost?" and how can I afford one?

View attachment 11263

Hello Andrew! 5 years after you made this post, did you finish the book?

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
This is the thought that was playing in my mind through writing this.

Did I absolutely NEED to go through that struggle?

Looking back at that stage, if I listened to my mentors and took their advice to the letter....it would have been a much easier journey. And some of those nights I sat inside and got nothing accomplished...what if I went out once a week and enjoyed the journey a bit more?

Who knows, we are where we are now, and the experiences of our past help light the road in front of us, so we can see where we are going now.

Yeah. I think everyone has a different amount of struggle, and different kinds of struggle. A lot depends on what you are when you start out, and what you need to become.

This is great philosophy man, and the original post is poetry.

1step

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Dec 4, 2012
Kentucky
Hello Andrew! 5 years after you made this post, did you finish the book?
I was about to ask the same question..

He hasn't been on the forum in a few years, on his profile you will see: Last seen Aug 8, 2018

I don't think you will get a reply from him on this but if you all are truly interested he has started many threads on here that you can find from his profile.

VigilantCMDR

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Aug 16, 2019
Old post but still a very interesting write-up.

I advise this to anybody starting a business. Yes, you need to chase your passion, but within reason.

You should be replacing your free time of endlessly consuming YouTube and replace it with building your brand. But, you need to make sure you exercise, diet right, and still have a little bit of fun.

Still pick something like one day a week you go out and limit the money you can spend.

Don't throw away your life. You can delay your business by a year and choose to live 50 more.

SchnLukas

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Apr 14, 2020
Austria
View attachment 11260

After 18 months,

My apps get rejected...

View attachment 11261

View attachment 11262

• and friends,

View attachment 11263
This post gave me goosebumps

You deserve ever penny of it Respect

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
good story!
btw.:
if you dream about a Lambo, care about, it it fits to you! In several ways.
I just don’t have enough place in a Lambo to enjoy te ride. So I ll never have one till I have enough money to cut it apart and weld new!

CivilianCone41

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Apr 26, 2021
View attachment 11260

After 18 months,

My apps get rejected...

View attachment 11261

View attachment 11262

• and friends,

View attachment 11263
loved this. Very inspirational. Never gave up

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
Holy thread necro, Batman.

Off topic, but it looks like Andrew shut down the Well Defined Man project. I can't find mention of it on his website or with a simple google search. Hopefully some of the advice received here was ultimately taken to heart.

Tomco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
168%
Jan 9, 2023
Thanks for the post Andrew!

Although quite dated, your post highlights the multitude of lows that entrepreneurs face. Everyone's story is different, but the pains are always there.

Funny how, after a successful breakthrough, the brain doesn't really compute the hardships endured (think a young mother giving birth, if humans remember the pain in great details, then everyone would be a single child right now).

Your story also shows how entrepreneurs who keep pushing through are cut from a different cloth. Other's might even say they are crazy, since 'only' pain and hardships follow those who break out of the mould and go Unscripted .

And this is the crème de la crème: What if you try out this thing? What if I'm succesful? What if...

It's all about finding your motivation, your meaning in all the turmoil.

I'll finish off with a cliche and cheesy quote which I think fits in here:

"It's all about the journey, not the destination"

Yula

Go Small, Then Big or Go Home
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Mar 26, 2021
Amazing post! Thank you for sharing this insight of your painful, but in the end rewarding journey.

Looking back at that stage, if I listened to my mentors and took their advice to the letter....it would have been a much easier journey.
Is there any specific universal advice that some of us can use along our way?

Oso

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jan 18, 2022
No. Never have, never will. Okay, that's a lie: maybe I did when I was 10. I bought my "dream car" about a month ago, with cash, and literally cried as I shifted it into first and drove it off the lot (Civic Type R, for those of you that are curious). Lambos are beautiful works of mechanical art. Impo, they're also one of the most overrated things in this life.

Besides, in 2023, if you drive any car that's worth more than 10k, you risk being attacked by a mob because people automatically hate everyone that's more successful than them. You don't have to believe me.

Spend 20min. on <insert social media platform here> and you'll scroll through countless videos of Lambo owners literally being assaulted, and/or their cars being damaged by salty scrubs.

If you're packing Lambo keys, you better be packing a glock, too. Or them mufuckas will make sure you and/or your car return home in multiple pieces.

(But F*ck, they're sure fun af to drive)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.