The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How many women are on the fastlane forum

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
A few of the gals around here are my favorite posters. When I see their names pop up, I read the thread.

Why?

Because generally they don't talk bullshit, don't engage in drama, and add value. I learn from them.

I went to Beer and Pancakes last year, which is the non-sanctioned annual gathering that spun off from this forum. There were a handful of women in attendance. I was intrigued, because they were brilliant, focused, and were the sharpest minds in the room. They were outnumbered 5-1 but added value on a per person scale scale of 1 beating 5.

I was fortunate enough to be able to have dinner this past week with a group of Fastlaners in Dallas. A forum member that posts seldom here any more was there. She's brilliant, she runs several businesses, and is free to travel and live life fully. She has a network that she gained from here that she connects with off line on business development.

So, there's a current generation of people on the forum including several brilliant ladies. We are not able to do anything to get back the ones we lost over the years for various reasons including misogyny, idiots, and frat boys... but if you want to develop a professional relationship with the brilliant ones that are here we need to clean this place up.

This is a self filtering forum. If we fuel trolls and idiots, they will get their thrills by agitation. That comes at the expense of serious entrepreneurs, and many times at the expense of female entrepreneurs. The best way to keep the best people is by getting rid of the haters.

If what we put forth is valuable, motivating, and gender neutral... we will see more and more of these brilliant minds stick around here. I need more female executives on my inner circle. Their perspectives and common sense tend to be a voice of sensibility and fresh air in the swamp that we live in.

Guard this forum and make it a place that welcomes and fosters entrepreneurs regardless of race, sex, or any other labels we tend to use to stereotype people with. You can help us gain and keep more successful female entrepreneurs. And, if you are 24 going on 18 and still see women as opponents and conquests, this probably isn't the right forum for you.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I feel we don't see enough of it

Maybe because immature young men scare them away by posting shit like "Pussy" "slaying chicks" "getting laid". Your usual boyhood frat talk doesn't belong here. If I was a female entrepreneur and I read a lot of posts like that, I'd bail out.

If you want to attract more entrepreneurial ladies of all age ranges, try being respectful. Try treating this forum as a 100 seat board room filled with 1/2 men, and 1/2 women.

BTW: I'm NOT referring to Chris specifically about being immature ... just a generalized comment for some of the younger bucks in the community.

D

DeletedUser2

I need more female executives on my inner circle.

Brilliant.

I bring in women, exactly because of the insight they bring to the business. they often work harder than men, dont run around like roosters crowing over even small victories, and get more stuff done in a day, than some men in a week.

one of the best resources in business, and half the planet (women)

are a HUGE benefit to have their insight.

one of my personal goals it to mentor good female executives. another, is to mentor young dumb men into being better men, not boys.

Z

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Well the real business world is 10 times tougher than this forum, so it would be good practice for a female to deal with the abuse here, because the way they handle it will can improve their business approach

The truth is, the few of us on here that are actually big time, do offer value that cannot be found any where else.

You're not going to be around here very long if all your posts go like this. There's not going to be any abuse of anybody handed out here. You have no idea who the people on here even are, "big time." Sit back, get to know the place a little bit better, and then maybe you will begin to add some value.

You've got 28 posts and two likes. A good rule of thumb is one like per post on average. Focus on adding value to the discussions and your credibility here will gain attention.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
It's true that a small percentage of the threads are idiotic or offensive, but the reaction to those threads is priceless and speaks volumes about the quality of people here.

Speaking as a woman, it would be a lot different if one guy posts a thread that's offensive to women (or any other group), and a ton of forum members respond with "yeah, dude, you're absolutely right, I only want to get rich to get more pussy..." This WOULD make me feel unwelcome. Probably, I'd also question the time I'm spending here, since it wouldn't say much for the overall intelligence of the forum.

However, those offensive posts are generally met with scorn and mockery. This accomplishes a few things:
-- It provides valuable insight to the offensive poster. Maybe he'll act better in the real world as a result.
-- It gives other idiots a preview of what kind of reaction they can expect if they post stupid/offensive things.
-- It shows us women that most forum members don't approve of offensive posts. This speaks volumes in a good way.
-- I know it's not the purpose of this forum, but some of the responses are so insightful or funny that I find myself highly entertained and sometimes educated in spite of myself.

(As a side note...Speaking only for myself, I didn't find the nuclear family thread offensive. I found it thought-provoking and really enjoyed hearing what other members thought on the topic.)

Last edited:

Sindi

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Sep 8, 2013
As for female population here on the forum, well the testosterone alone here scares them off.
QUOTE]

I'm female and have just finished reading the book. No amount of testosterone will scare me off! I don't understand why some women would discontinue using this forum due to reading immature posts. You're either committed to the Fastlane learning experience or you're not. That being said, I have heard great things about this forum and am eager to jump on board to learn and contribute with all members.

skylizard

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Sep 22, 2011
"raises hand"

MJ, I agree with you. There was a time when I first signed up that I ended up leaving because of some of the things that were said about women. But I started lurking and posting again recently because I don't want to let the scare me off or intimidate me.

Vigilante - Well said :thumbsup:

AroundTheWorld

Be in the Moment
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
68%
Jul 24, 2007
I find it amusing that people here are saying that the men scared the women off. While that is a possibility I think there just aren't that many women entrepreneurs in general. While there are a great number of women executives out there, the fact is most are happily stuck in the slowlane and most do not have an interest in the fastlane. Some would rather spend their time raising children and some unfortunately for the younger generation would rather spend their time watching reality tv. While there have been some questionable posts from some forum members, nothing I've read here has ever made me even consider to leave this forum.

I find it interesting no one has mentioned this as a possibility yet:

Look at the cover of MJ's book. If a woman is looking for a book about entrepreneurship, and she has the following choices, which is she more likely to pick up? (assuming here she has had no word of mouth referrals, or other reason's to go for a particular book)

Feminine Covers such as "Rich Woman", or a book with Suze Orman's face smiling back at her...
A more neutral cover such as Four Hour Work Week
Or MJ's fast car title and cover. (I confess, I don't even know nor do I care what kind of car that is...)

The fastlane screams young buck.

Last edited:

PeteLife

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jul 5, 2011
BALTIMORE/DMV
Maybe because immature young men scare them away by posting shit like "Pussy" "slaying chicks" "getting laid". Your usual boyhood frat talk doesn't belong here. If I was a female entrepreneur and I read a lot of posts like that, I'd bail out.

If you want to attract more entrepreneurial ladies of all age ranges, try being respectful. Try treating this forum as a 100 seat board room filled with 1/2 men, and 1/2 women.

BTW: I'm NOT referring to Chris specifically about being immature ... just a generalized comment for some of the younger bucks in the community.

I have to agree with MJ on this one. I am not a female, but the immaturity I see on here lately is appalling which is why I seldom post on here anymore. Since joining two years ago its just not the same, a bunch of pointless posts that has nothing to do with the fastlane or even business in particular. Plus ofcourse the occasional egocentric arrogance from a few. And its for that reason I only read threads from a certain few here who provide value: Vigilante, Biophase, Zen, Likwid and company (cant forget new guys like Darius, Vick, and a few others awesome progress threads).

As for female population here on the forum, well the testosterone alone here scares them off. Not to mention the fact that theres always a new thread talking about a recent break up with a gf ..followed by a hail storm of follow up responses from the forum trashing her.
Also, we must understand that women are "supposedly" more focused than men, so the amount of off topic posts alone will drive them elsewhere.

Lets Keep it professional, Keep it it fastlane, Keep it women-friendly :)

CashFlowDepot

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
177%
May 16, 2009
Central America
I'm a woman "serial" entrepreneur with 20 years of experience
but I rarely post here anymore.

Would love to find a place to share ideas and learn from
other successful entrepreneurs

I like helping the newbies too, but some of the questions and comments are just
down right stupid and don't deserve an answer. It gets old!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Don't underestimate either the power and intelligence of a stay at home Mom. My wife is smarter than most people I know, and could run circles around most. Without her, our business would not be where it is. Men and women alike tend to dismiss the career choices of a stay at home Mom. There are Moms on here that are brilliant, are raising children, and have a business mind as well. I actually think their jobs are harder than dropping the kids off at daycare for the day. Don't dismiss them.

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
So, there's a current generation of people on the forum including several brilliant ladies. We are not able to do anything to get back the ones we lost over the years for various reasons including misogyny, idiots, and frat boys... but if you want to develop a professional relationship with the brilliant ones that are here we need to clean this place up.

The People & Relationships forum is like an open invitation to talk about your personal life. In my age group, we're not married, we don't have long term partners, we're attempting to figure life out, and a lot of us are getting burned in the process. The fact that the discussion is usually about women comes down to the forum's current populace: lot's of young, straight males. If the discussion is undesirable like religion and politics, then it'd be wise to not offer that place for discussion.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I also enjoy the input from many of the female posters on here.
A few of the gals around here are my favorite posters. When I see their names pop up, I read the thread.

Amen.

The People & Relationships forum is like an open invitation to talk about your personal life. In my age group, we're not married, we don't have long term partners, we're attempting to figure life out, and a lot of us are getting burned in the process. The fact that the discussion is usually about women comes down to the forum's current populace: lot's of young, straight males. If the discussion is undesirable like religion and politics, then it'd be wise to not offer that place for discussion.

The point of that forum is not the airing of dirty laundry. It is not to throw an entire gender under the bus (both male and female).

The point of that forum is to discuss relationships as it pertains to a Fastlane process...

For example:

An unsupportive spouse...
An unsupportive friend...
An unsupportive boyfriend/girlfriend...
An unsupportive parent or parents...
An unsupportive (anything)

~ OR ~

People (customers) in general...

socaldude

Saturn Sedan and PT Cruiser enthusiast.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Jan 10, 2012
San Diego, CA
Seriously this is a business forum. We all share a purpose: create value to consumers via production. Our focus is to position ourselves as producers in an economy with high barriers to entry, scalable operations, detachable from time, control of vital variables and a benefit or need.

This forum focuses on the essence of the relationship between consumers and producers; how to create customers, how to keep them, how to give them what they want, how to produce, its an art and a science of cultivating both sides of the consumer and producer dichotomy.

This forum is not about the relationship between you and your penis or your testosterone raging ego.

The very essence of entrepreneurship is the relationship and interactions between consumers and producers not your sex life.

TopChef

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
May 22, 2013
Near San Diego
Cashflowdepot. I too value your posts and hope you stick around. I've never done any mobile home investing but I did read through your responses on that thread here on the forum. There was a lot of gold in that thread. If I remember correctly people who never even invested in mobile homes wanted to talk about how terrible of an investment they were. If you did not chime in to say otherwise that thread would have died and I would have never known what a fabulous investment they can be. Speed + to you.

Fastlearner. I understand what you are saying, but I really doubt cashflowdepot was trying to act holier than thou. Read through her old posts, she has helped plenty of newbies and seasoned real estate vets. I think she was just being honest. Nothing wrong with that.

In general, I think speed works very well on this forum. People who ask questions will get help regardless of their speed. Good answers will get a response regardless of the posters speed. And you don't see people here constantly bellyaching about how much speed they have.

People here are smart enough to not confuse speed with success. Why do you think people post so much in the general forum instead of the speedway forum? It's because people want help with their problems and they know there are a lot of smart business owners who are either parked or have little speed.

For what it's worth, I think it is easy to spot true newbies that post on this forum. You can distinguish wether someone is a newbie or not regardless of speed or join date if they ask classic questions like "What is the best product/niche to get into" or they post a lot of fantasy threads like Omertà does. These people can actually be disrespectfull because they ask questions that have already been answered again and again and again. And they expect other people to use up their valuable time instead of looking for answers on their own.

For the new forum members here, some of the most usefull knowledge here can be found from "Jill" and "Aroundtheworld". You can do a search for their profile and see their posts there.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
p.s. I like your insights behind the reasoning for that thread though so I might just end up taking a look at it.

Worth the read, it's a very sociological look at Generation Y and where we are in society as far as relationships go. Let's not forget relationships are a VERY important aspect of our being and often shape our character as we continuously evolve.

ChickenHawk

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
468%
Aug 16, 2012
Butt in Chair
I think anyone can add value to this forum, even the newbies with no experience in entrepreneurism. I get insight from EVERY SINGLE person on this forum that's why I joined, not to be around "the elite", "powerful" and "successful" but to share ideas with like-minded people.

I agree with this 100%, and for what it's worth, I've really enjoyed and learned from many of your posts too. We all start at zero speed, and it's terrific to see new blood and new ideas. I'm still somewhat new here myself. I just felt compelled to offer an opposing view before CashFlowDepot feels unwelcome based the reaction of one person(s).

In a way, this forum mimics the real world. The new guy or gal isn't always accorded the same respect as the person who's been there a while. Sometimes, this is unwarranted. But sometimes, it's because the new guy irritates the old guard because he wants to be "spoon fed" as my teachers used to say. (I'm not saying you want to be spoon fed. I'm just saying that sometimes, newer members ask very basic questions that could be answered with a 10-second Google search, as an example.)

And honestly, it just made me really uncomfortable for one person to suggest to another forum member to "just leave." For what it's worth, I'd have also taken issue with someone telling you to "just leave" too.

CarrieW

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Nov 12, 2007
suburbs of savannah in Ga
I go the other way. I certainly don't like when guys talk down to me but secretly it gives me the added umph to do whatever it is they dismissed me for and kill it while they stand there looking like a douche.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
*raises hand*

dknise

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Aug 29, 2012
North Bend, WA
The point of that forum is not the airing of dirty laundry. It is not to throw an entire gender under the bus (both male and female).

The point of that forum is to discuss relationships as it pertains to a Fastlane process....

The same could be said about religion and politics and how they pertain to a Fastlane process, but the line of where to draw that is iffy.

I'm not going to sit back and pretend like all the talk about "hating women" doesn't relate to my thread death of the nuclear family. It's not about hating women, it's about accepting the reality of what my generation is choosing: polyamority over commitment. When several members here are trying to make in the dating sector, companies like AshleyMadison.com are capitalizing on the real actions of people and not the idealistic reality we'd like to believe we live in. It would be foolish not to have that discussion on a business forum, where a whole generation's needs/wants/desires are up for grabs as it's too taboo for anyone to discuss.

FastLearner

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Aug 3, 2013
Scottsdale, AZ
There was a time when I first signed up that I ended up leaving because of some of the things that were said about women.

It would be completely foolish to leave such a valuable forum over some opinions you don't agree with. You can always choose not to look at certain topics and focus on the ones that are most relevant to you if you're too sensitive. Everyone is going to have different perspectives on different opinions, everyone's experience with life is going to be very different than yours or mine, doesn't mean I'm going to walk away out of being offended. Sometimes you can learn some VERY valuable things while reading others perspectives, you'd be surprised what you can learn once you take your feelings out of things and solely focus on the topic.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
I'm not going to sit back and pretend like all the talk about "hating women" doesn't relate to my thread death of the nuclear family.

This subject isn't about one thread or one poster. If you see yourself in it, however, that might be some good introspection. Several of the posters that come to mind for me left before you even got here. So no, it's not about you nor your thread... but anyone who may think this is aimed at them might want to take a step back and consider the perspectives of the ones you think you might offend.

Era

Light Warrior
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
171%
Oct 20, 2012
I find it amusing that people here are saying that the men scared the women off. While that is a possibility I think there just aren't that many women entrepreneurs in general. While there are a great number of women executives out there, the fact is most are happily stuck in the slowlane and most do not have an interest in the fastlane. Some would rather spend their time raising children and some unfortunately for the younger generation would rather spend their time watching reality tv. While there have been some questionable posts from some forum members, nothing I've read here has ever made me even consider to leave this forum.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Everyone chill out. Relax the language. This was a good discussion to have. Don't let it (or cause it to) erode.

We don't want anyone to leave.

Correction, we want DIPSHITS to leave but there are none in this thread (yet.)

Carry on. Everyone relax.

Yankee427

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
101%
Jan 17, 2011
NJ
Can't everyone just get along :p Remember as Steve Siebold says in How Rich People Think Differently it all comes from an area of love and abundance and not negativity to get on the fast lane.

Woman definitely bring a nice perspective to these forums so I'm glad we have you here.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
We are here. I am one. I think it was a great idea of MJ to even bring up this forum. I couldn't care less about frat-boy talk because I do not even engage in juvenile behaviour. We are one big family of FL mentality looking to help each other out.

If you're still talking about slaying chicks, go back to college and do us all a favour and stay there.

IceCreamKid

With Great Power Comes Great Electricity Bill
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
2,185%
Jun 8, 2010
California
Women are awesome. Back when I had the property management biz, I would always bring my mom along when interviewing potential renters because some females have that indescribable intuition that can get a better feel for a person's character.

In my experience they seem to complain less too. Anybody watch women's soccer? If a girl falls down, she gets back up no problem. Men's soccer...a very different story.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Women are awesome. Back when I had the property management biz, I would always bring my mom along when interviewing potential renters because some females have that indescribable intuition that can get a better feel for a person's character.

In my experience they seem to complain less too. Anybody watch women's soccer? If a girl falls down, she gets back up no problem. Men's soccer...a very different story.

Wonderful of you to recognise intuition. All women have very powerful intuition, I personally for example possess a razor sharp one and it has never failed me.

Women are expected to do so much more emotionally, so we have less time to complain. I agree with the football (soccer to the Americans reading...) bit. Lots of ego involved. I am all for the men who respect women who respect themselves.

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
I wrote that wrong, was in a rush :(

Think what I what Meant to say is "deal with It" to overcome it

There are ways of saying that. You know, not every "female entrepreneur" sits and just bakes cookies from the kitchen. Some of us have real, tangible businesses with clients and desire to be respected above just our face or body. I understand what your point was and you are lucky I did because with that attitude, you would have a whole load of pissed off business women.

We deal with enough discrimination outside business, never mind in it. It's all good. Peace and Love.

Aimee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
409%
Mar 3, 2014
I've noticed a lot of men (particularly the younger ones, dare I say it) seem to have an unwarranted 'holier-than-thou' attitude on forums such as these, as if they have something to prove. A lot of women just can't be bothered with this sort of thing.

I'm probably biased, but a lot of the valuable information I have gained during my short time on these forums has come from the small percentage of women. :D Women in general are much less blunt then men, easier to talk to, and less likely to want you to massage their ego.

Saying that, I have met some very interesting guys on this forum as well, so I suppose it just depends on the individual.

I do, however, find the idea of women being 'intimidated' by men to be utterly ridiculous. Maybe that's just me. :p

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.