The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How long has it taken for your project to generate income for you to live?

How long has it taken for your project to generate income for you to live?

• < 1 year

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • 1 - 2 years

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • 2 - 4 years

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • 4 - 6 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6 - 8 years

• 8 - 10 years

• > 10 years

• Total voters

Soder

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
516%
Jan 3, 2019
The right mindset needs to be fixed in the long term, as MJ says it is a multi-year project.

I open this thread for us to comment on the years it takes to reach success, to encourage us in the short term to achieve long-term goals.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
I've always found that the time it takes is often dependent on the time available, (Parkinson's law). If you burn your bridges (jack in your job) then your project has to pay its way quickly or you go hungry. A great incentive for action.

On the other hand if you are well paid and generally enjoy your job it will probably take a lot longer.

tiagosoares17.22

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
165%
Aug 5, 2017
Porto, Portugal
My Online Fitness Coaching took me about 2 years until I started to make enough money. In the beginning, I did not know much of what I was doing, even though I knew a lot about nutrition and other things.

Nowadays, with my second project - wine production, it might even take longer. I have to invest thousands and thousands, and wine is something it takes time to make. On top of that, once again, I have to figure things out mostly by myself.

Jello

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
227%
Jan 1, 2018
NL
This depends on so many things. How much are you investing regarding time. How much are you investing regarding money. Do you have the skills or do you have to educate yourself first to obtain skills needed for your project.

When no money to invest you have to invest more time. When you don't master the skills needed you need even more time to learn the skills needed.

When you have money to fund your project you can hire people who are skilled and do specialized work for you.

It will save you more time which you can use to leverage your project by learning other skills needed.

For example when you can hire programmers to do coding for you you'll have time to learn or when already skilled in, practice and focus on marketing.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.