• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

How long has it taken for your project to generate income for you to live?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneur Discussion' started by Soder, Feb 15, 2019.

How long has it taken for your project to generate income for you to live?

1. < 1 year

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. 1 - 2 years

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. 2 - 4 years

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. 4 - 6 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 6 - 8 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 8 - 10 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. > 10 years

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Soder

Soder New Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $110
    The right mindset needs to be fixed in the long term, as MJ says it is a multi-year project.

I open this thread for us to comment on the years it takes to reach success, to encourage us in the short term to achieve long-term goals.

RazorCut likes this.
  2. RazorCut

RazorCut Platinum Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $27,023
    I've always found that the time it takes is often dependent on the time available, (Parkinson's law). If you burn your bridges (jack in your job) then your project has to pay its way quickly or you go hungry. A great incentive for action.

On the other hand if you are well paid and generally enjoy your job it will probably take a lot longer.

kanunay, Rabby and Soder like this.
  3. tiagosoares17.22

tiagosoares17.22 Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $708
    My Online Fitness Coaching took me about 2 years until I started to make enough money. In the beginning, I did not know much of what I was doing, even though I knew a lot about nutrition and other things.

Nowadays, with my second project - wine production, it might even take longer. I have to invest thousands and thousands, and wine is something it takes time to make. On top of that, once again, I have to figure things out mostly by myself.

Soder likes this.
  4. Jello

Jello Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,328
    This depends on so many things. How much are you investing regarding time. How much are you investing regarding money. Do you have the skills or do you have to educate yourself first to obtain skills needed for your project.

When no money to invest you have to invest more time. When you don't master the skills needed you need even more time to learn the skills needed.

When you have money to fund your project you can hire people who are skilled and do specialized work for you.

It will save you more time which you can use to leverage your project by learning other skills needed.

For example when you can hire programmers to do coding for you you'll have time to learn or when already skilled in, practice and focus on marketing.

Soder likes this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.