The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How is His Net worth 400 million?

canone

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Mar 20, 2019
Hey , this guy sold his company for 4.1 billion, and the deal brought him 325 million. How can this be?
Usually, if he was the only owner, he would only have to pay the taxes and be left with like 2-3 billion, right?
Could it be because there are other shareholders involved in the company who got a cut of that money? What are other possibilities?

Link: J. Darius Bikoff - Wikipedia (under "Early Life").

Thanks.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Hey , this guy sold his company for 4.1 billion, and the deal brought him 325 million. How can this be?
Usually, if he was the only owner, he would only have to pay the taxes and be left with like 2-3 billion, right?
Could it be because there are other shareholders involved in the company who got a cut of that money? What are other possibilities?

Link: J. Darius Bikoff - Wikipedia (under "Early Life").

Thanks.

J. Darius Bikoff. Earlier this year Bikoff sold Glacéau and its sports drink Vitaminwater to Coca-Cola for $4.1 billion. Many instantly pegged him a billionaire. Turns out he owned significantly less than 25% of the company and had some 500 co-owners, including the Indian firm Tata Group, which owned 30%, the largest stake. After taxes, he didn’t clear $1 billion.

30 seconds on Google answered this...

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
Maybe he sliced the pie too thin.

I'm sorry... are we calling a $400M payout... too thin?

If he never took on these investors he never would have sold his company to Coke and the company never would have been as large as it was.

What's the old saying? I'd rather have 10% of a $100M company than 100% of a $1M company.

Rawseed

Legendary Lurker
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
255%
Mar 1, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Yeah, the rapper, 50 cent and the new shark, Rohan Oza (he was the CMO) were two of the more famous co-owners.

Giving equity to both of them really increased the value of the company.

SIDI

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
109%
Jul 5, 2018

If he never took on these investors he never would have sold his company to Coke and the company never would have been as large as it was.

What's the old saying? I'd rather have 10% of a $100M company than 100% of a $1M company.
This!!

My guess is that $400m is in the realm of FU money - the thing that we are all chasing!

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Nope,@JScott reply is definitely there.
Not that reply. He did another reply after my reply to biophase. He said something sarcastic like "I want to learn from you". Does this forum has an option to delete comments?

Last edited:

Dan_Cardone

Losers make excuses. Winners find solutions.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
360%
Jul 23, 2019
Trying to keep as much equity in your business as possible while at the same time trying to get enough investor money to grow and scale is a balancing act for sure.

Not like the guy guy is going to be asking friends and family for a loan anytime soon though :p

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn

I'd rather have 100% of the $1M company. Probably quicker to build than the $100M. You can't get that tine back.

Then you have funds to do it 9 more times.

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I'd rather have 100% of the $1M company. Probably quicker to build than the $100M. You can't get that tine back.

Then you have funds to do it 9 more times.

It only takes longer to build a $100M company than a $1M company if you have that mindset.

What do you think would take @Kak longer to build, a $1M or $100M company?

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn
It only takes longer to build a $100M company than a $1M company if you have that mindset.

So which mindset do you think zuckerberg has? Given that all $100M companies become $1M companies first. I'd say it takes @Kak longer to build the $100M company.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart

Why @Kak ? Idk why but whenever someone here talks about 100 million or any other big numbers here someone always mentions @Kak. But why? Is he a centimillionaire? I looked at his profile but it was set to private.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
I really don’t know how to explain to @LittleWolfie and @Vairavan this concept with their obviously deeply engrained limiting beliefs.

I’ll let someone else take a crack at it.

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
I really don’t know how to explain to @LittleWolfie and @Vairavan this concept with their obviously deeply engrained limiting beliefs.

I’ll let someone else take a crack at it.

What limiting belief? I don't remember saying anything that would trigger this comment.

Last edited:

Vairavan

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 13, 2019
In your heart
Easier said than done. Some people on this forum with their know it all attitude make me laugh

OXYMORON!!!!!

It's people like you and @MTEE1985 who have this "know it all attitude". I clearly stated in the next comment I said it as a joke. You replied without even reading it.

@JScott made the same mistake but he deleted his comment after reading it. It instantly increased my respect for him.

Last edited:

Scot

Salad Dressing Empire
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
472%
Jul 10, 2016
Florida
What limiting belief? I don't remember saying anything that would trigger this comment.

Every comment on this thread with legitimate, real world, commentary on the equity split of Glacieu and about building a company has a laugh react from you.

Every post of yours on this thread you act like you’re the king of business.

Maybe stop posting this mental masturbation and actually get to work. Have you gotten a paying gig yet on Fiverr or Upwork?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.