The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How is Artificial Inteligence (AI) likely to change personal selling in the future?

Marketing, social media, advertising

Nryche

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 6, 2020
Santiago, Chile
Hi Rodrigo,

I think it's going to completely change the rules of the game. From chatbots to clustering to selling specifically, according to your psychological profile and mood that day.

AI will be able to know your trigger words and design a custom selling speech focused on making you feel a certain way (anger, empathy, happiness, etc.) and be more willing to buy what they are selling.

I know it sounds harsh, but it has its upside. It already makes people find value on things they are needing. It can trigger alarms when people are having suicidal thoughts, for example.
Consider this scenario, say you have to receive bad news (like someone you love died or you have a serious disease). AI can make this process a lot easier. It can apply the same techniques I mentioned above and know exactly how to deliver these bad news according to your psychological persona, know exactly when to say it, etc.

I think it's all a matter of ethics and how we use it as companies and people who are developing this kind of things.

Grinder20

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
173%
May 28, 2019
Hi Rodrigo,

I think it's going to completely change the rules of the game. From chatbots to clustering to selling specifically, according to your psychological profile and mood that day.

AI will be able to know your trigger words and design a custom selling speech focused on making you feel a certain way (anger, empathy, happiness, etc.) and be more willing to buy what they are selling.

I know it sounds harsh, but it has its upside. It already makes people find value on things they are needing. It can trigger alarms when people are having suicidal thoughts, for example.
Consider this scenario, say you have to receive bad news (like someone you love died or you have a serious disease). AI can make this process a lot easier. It can apply the same techniques I mentioned above and know exactly how to deliver these bad news according to your psychological persona, know exactly when to say it, etc.

I think it's all a matter of ethics and how we use it as companies and people who are developing this kind of things.

A.I. will be interesting for sure. I think it will only be a technique to open doors, such as all marketing funnels, but it will never close the deal...that is done in-person or at the least a ton of phone interaction. People want to look people in the eyes and shake hands to feel a mutual trust.

I personally never want to see the line blurred between something such as A.I. and Virtual 3D Facial Manipulation via WebEx or a Zoom call.

I may not have enough knowledge on this or if this technology could be used now...but if so and people find out...it will push people to want to meet in-person even more so.

I would love to hear others perspectives on this.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
If that happened it would amount to trying to sell by script. The robot might be able to read mood, but the human delivering that speech would still sound like a robot.

Walter

Nryche

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 6, 2020
Santiago, Chile
If that happened it would amount to trying to sell by script. The robot might be able to read mood, but the human delivering that speech would still sound like a robot.

Walter

Don't all good sales people have scripts to a degree? Even Jordan Belfort says so. The real skill is delivering without sounding like it's learned.

The computer may train sales people on how to approach individual clients and give specific information about their lives and personas. It already targets focused ads depending on your profile. I mean, if it got to turn elections results in several countries, it's very easy to use it to sell something.

Walter Hay

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
401%
Sep 13, 2014
World citizen
Don't all good sales people have scripts to a degree? Even Jordan Belfort says so. The real skill is delivering without sounding like it's learned.

The computer may train sales people on how to approach individual clients and give specific information about their lives and personas. It already targets focused ads depending on your profile. I mean, if it got to turn elections results in several countries, it's very easy to use it to sell something.
With my sales record as an employee, I believe I can describe myself as a good salesman. I only did face to face cold selling B2B, and over a three year period I increased my employer's sales 800%. That involved a compound doubling of sales every year.

At least in my case a script would have taken the fire out of my belly.

I could quickly read prospects by noticing various things about them and their surroundings. That's what a good sales person can do without any prompting.

It is one thing that contributed to my ability to write my labeling book. The subtitle tells the story: LABELS THAT EXPLOIT - the Power of Persuasion, Perceptions, and Emotion.

Walter

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.