The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I Finally Quit My Job And Get Paid To Travel Fulltime

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Mar 11, 2015
This title is very click baity but it's actually true. Let me explain.

If you arent up to date on my journey please read this thread:

"How I Made $4,000 in 3 Months by Executing HARD"

NOTABLE! - How I made $4,000 in 3 months By Executing HARD

Seriously. Go read that first. Then come back. It will help add context

Ok..welcome back.

It's been one of the craziest years of my life and I am writing this on a private jet to New Orleans embarking on a new journey where I'm getting paid to travel across the US and Canada to make video content for one of my favorite artists on the planet. I'll get back to that in a second.

A few days ago was my last day at my job as a janitor and I left on good terms. I plan on never clocking in again.

Took me 7 years after first reading the Millionaire Fastlane to finally quit my job and leave the rat race. From making music for 6 years, then transitioning to video production this year, it took me a long time. Looking back now it went by quick, but living it was a whole 'nother beast. I don't regret anything and it makes me appreciate being free and I believe everything happens for a reason.

Back to how I escaped.

After grinding day after day, week after week for 9 months learning everything I possibly could about creating great videos and making my clients happy, I finally had my opportunity. When you execute at a high level and work smart it's only a matter of time until an opportunity presents itself to you. That's exactly what happened.

I noticed alot of my favorite rappers were performing at a big music festival in Seattle so I started doing what I always do to get live show gigs, I started messaging smaller local artists. They need free content, you need exposure and a wristband to shoot other artists at the festival. It's a no brainer. I busted my a$$ and shot videos/photos for 10 artists that weekend! One of the local acts I was shooting for happened to be performing right before one of my favorite artists. so I stuck around and shot some video and pictures and even ended up meeting him afterwards! I made him a video the very next day and his whole team loved it! He posted it to his Instagram and Twitter and it did really well with his fans. The next night his manager asked me if I wanted to go on his tour!

That was in September and nothing was set in stone yet so I kept working at my job and making music videos, real estate videos/weddings etc. I was making solid money! far more than my job but I only needed to work nights and weekends on videos and I could edit during work so I kept the job. It was also a great opportunity to save money and I really wasnt ready to make the jump quite yet.

Fast forward to October, they announced the tour dates, and we made it official! so I quit my job and now I'm officially a fulltime filmmaker/photographer.

Still cant believe it. Less than a year of making videos and I'm going to be going on tour with one of my favorite artists! Always thought I would go on tour for my own music, never know what can happen when you listen to the market and fill a need!

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

JohnBuffet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Feb 9, 2017
NJ
This title is very click baity but it's actually true. Let me explain.

If you arent up to date on my journey please read this thread:

"How I Made $4,000 in 3 Months by Executing HARD"

NOTABLE! - How I made $4,000 in 3 months By Executing HARD

Seriously. Go read that first. Then come back. It will help add context

Ok..welcome back.

It's been one of the craziest years of my life and I am writing this on a private jet to New Orleans embarking on a new journey where I'm getting paid to travel across the US and Canada to make video content for one of my favorite artists on the planet. I'll get back to that in a second.

A few days ago was my last day at my job as a janitor and I left on good terms. I plan on never clocking in again.

Took me 7 years after first reading the Millionaire Fastlane to finally quit my job and leave the rat race. From making music for 6 years, then transitioning to video production this year, it took me a long time. Looking back now it went by quick, but living it was a whole 'nother beast. I don't regret anything and it makes me appreciate being free and I believe everything happens for a reason.

Back to how I escaped.

After grinding day after day, week after week for 9 months learning everything I possibly could about creating great videos and making my clients happy, I finally had my opportunity. When you execute at a high level and work smart it's only a matter of time until an opportunity presents itself to you. That's exactly what happened.

I noticed alot of my favorite rappers were performing at a big music festival in Seattle so I started doing what I always do to get live show gigs, I started messaging smaller local artists. They need free content, you need exposure and a wristband to shoot other artists at the festival. It's a no brainer. I busted my a$$ and shot videos/photos for 10 artists that weekend! One of the local acts I was shooting for happened to be performing right before one of my favorite artists. so I stuck around and shot some video and pictures and even ended up meeting him afterwards! I made him a video the very next day and his whole team loved it! He posted it to his Instagram and Twitter and it did really well with his fans. The next night his manager asked me if I wanted to go on his tour!

That was in September and nothing was set in stone yet so I kept working at my job and making music videos, real estate videos/weddings etc. I was making solid money! far more than my job but I only needed to work nights and weekends on videos and I could edit during work so I kept the job. It was also a great opportunity to save money and I really wasnt ready to make the jump quite yet.

Fast forward to October, they announced the tour dates, and we made it official! so I quit my job and now I'm officially a fulltime filmmaker/photographer.

Still cant believe it. Less than a year of making videos and I'm going to be going on tour with one of my favorite artists! Always thought I would go on tour for my own music, never know what can happen when you listen to the market and fill a need!

First and foremost, thanks for this post, thank you for sharing. This was VERY inspirational especially considering my new business venture. I was in the music business about 10 years ago, (I went to college for it, made music myself and also did a little managing) I'm back at it now as a music manager and I continually tell my rapper that he needs BETTER videos. I'm so happy to see you will be going on tour with your artist; you're living your dreams, and that's great. You found a very big market, and i'm sure you will do amazing!!

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Mar 11, 2015
First and foremost, thanks for this post, thank you for sharing. This was VERY inspirational especially considering my new business venture. I was in the music business about 10 years ago, (I went to college for it, made music myself and also did a little managing) I'm back at it now as a music manager and I continually tell my rapper that he needs BETTER videos. I'm so happy to see you will be going on tour with your artist; you're living your dreams, and that's great. You found a very big market, and i'm sure you will do amazing!!
Definitely! Visual branding is everything these days.

Thanks for reading. Happy to inspire and give back any chance I can.

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I am writing this on a private jet to New Orleans
You should have used this line for an even click baitier title :cool:

Wow, amazing story!! Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your new experiences!

ShamanKing

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Aug 30, 2018
California
Thank you for sharing your Experience. Rep++

Fersko

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
Nov 3, 2018
Can I ask what artist this is? Just out of curiosity?

And of course big thumbs up to you for executing this! You deserved it!

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Mar 11, 2015
You should have used this line for an even click baitier title :cool:

Wow, amazing story!! Thank you for sharing. Enjoy your new experiences!
Haha that is a good one, next time

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Mar 11, 2015
Can I ask what artist this is? Just out of curiosity?

And of course big thumbs up to you for executing this! You deserved it!
Yeah, his name is Bas. Signed to J. Cole (my all-time favorite rapper). Might end up meeting him at one of the stops if he comes out

SWSSMSS

Cause I'm "Hot Chocolate"
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 13, 2018
New Jersey
What?!!?!? Congrats man, Bas is great, and you're definitely gonna meet J. Cole at some point.!

Also, that's it. I'm trying this idea out myself.

ChaseFade

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
553%
Mar 11, 2015
What?!!?!? Congrats man, Bas is great, and you're definitely gonna meet J. Cole at some point.!

Also, that's it. I'm trying this idea out myself.
Theres no trying, either do it 100% or don't waste your time

TinyOldLady

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
214%
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Hey @ChaseFade ! I am following you on Instagram since 2 weeks because I was curious about what happens on a rap tour :smile:. So amazing to see behind the scenes. Your story is very inspiring! Again, thank you for sharing.

Ivan2BAlive

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 24, 2017
Louisville, KY
Wow ChaseFade. Thanks for the inspirational post!! Great read and congrats on the new gig.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.